• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 5.4 (God of War 2, D.I.C.E., Sonic Wii, Virtua Fighter 5)

Scotch

(neutral) MrSardonic
The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
nerdavatarfu0.png

Holy shit :lol :lol :lol :lol

PkunkFury

Sonic Wii = difficult, that's music to my ears. The game already reminded me of MonkeyBall and F-Zero GX. Bring it on Sega.

Scotch

Great episode as usual, 1up guys.

God of War 2 looks incredible. Best looking PS2 game ever?

Those interview snippets were great, I'll be sure to check gamevideos later tonight.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
goldenpp72 said:
sonic looks terrible.. especially compared to all the other games shown, what the hell :/

I don't think it looks terrible, more like confusing and chaotic. The camera appears to be positioned way too close to Sonic and the ground (seemed somewhat hard to see what's actually coming up ahead since Sonic is blocking your view), and it has this sudden, twitchy movement to it. All of this combined almost made me feel sick while watching the game. It was way more comfortable to watch with the camera zoomed out, but I guess that takes away from the speedy Sonic experience, so to speak. Maybe it just feels better when I'm actually playing it myself.

Haunted

I usually like my 1up Show threads un-derailed - but this one was actually worth it. harsh! :lol Don't let it get to you Mr.Sardonic. :)

Show was great, I don't care much for VF5, but Sonic Wii made up for that, skipped over GoWII because of the minor spoiler warnings.

DICE interviews were great fun. Did Lukem actually get paid for his work there? Looks like he had way too much fun. :D
awesome work, guys. :p

Pachinko

hahahha, this thread is awesome, props to whomever nerdified Mr sardonic. He's probally crying himself to sleep right now. I waste 2 or more hours a day at gaf and even my posting average isn't nearly 12. I'M A NERD, YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD , GET USED TO IT.

Armitage

Great show, I love the candid interviews. It felt more like a conversation that happened to be taped instead of a forced interview for an interwebs TV show.

tanod

when is my burrito
If it's just tilty controls for Sonic Wii, I don't understand why they don't bring it to PS3 as well. I'd take anything over the shit that is Sonic the Hedgehog.

keanerie

I thought this was one of the best made episodes in awhile. The pacing and format of the DICE interviews really kept things interesting and snappy, all the games featured were noteworthy, and though I'd been hoping for the tournament, the VF5 segment was still really great - a tribute to and appreciation of the magic of fighting games.

AniHawk

tanod said:
If it's just tilty controls for Sonic Wii, I don't understand why they don't bring it to PS3 as well. I'd take anything over the shit that is Sonic the Hedgehog.

From an interview I read, it was going to be the other way around, originally, with StH 06 being ported to the Wii before they decided it should be an original instead.

KTallguy said:
If you've used previous RAP sticks, it's basically the same, but I'm pretty sure the stick is Sanwa, so it's a little looser, and better. I want to use High Grade really badly though... I think they're the same sticks that were at TGS. Those sticks were excellent, I think they were a step up from the HRAP.

All HRAP's use Sanwa joysticks and Hori buttons, except for a couple special editions that have full Sanwa or full Seimitsu parts. So technically the only difference part-wise from VSHG is that it's missing the Sanwa buttons, which you can swap to if you want :)

etiolate

Banned
The best part by far was Perrin Kaplan. I like how 1up cut out short after that like "what the hell are we going to do with wacked out kaplan"

Pud

Banned
gutter_trash said:
Red Steel is not next-gen, it's an avaerage last-gen looking game with Wii functionality... so not a real full fledged big Wii game that Shane would be calling Sonic Wii as.

Err... go look at the bullshot screens from Red Steel. That's exactly how the game looks, minus any AA (and obviously at 640x480). You had me at 'average game' but for SOME parts of it the title actually impressed me visually, too - way beyond what could be done on strictly last-gen hardware. Not more than Sonic has, mind you, but that 10mil went SOMEWHERE, y'know.

Sardonic owned by Sporsk.

Yeah, funny as hell but rough! Just the way Luke likes it, too, I guess :lol
lukelovedf7.png

Top Bottom