• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 01/22/2009

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
holy shit the ice lake story is SO FUCKING TRUE

Gears of War 2 online like this is just asking for suicide.

dfyb

Banned
wow it is really true that game reviewers have a need to compare games with other games. this KZ2 talk is ugh -- they can't even talk about the game outside the context of other games.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Did Garnett just describe HL2 Ep. 2 as having a section that is similar to the village in RE4?

If so I will load up the game tonight.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
sorry emcee. never again~

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
dfyb said:
wow it is really true that game reviewers have a need to compare games with other games. this KZ2 talk is ugh -- they can't even talk about the game outside the context of other games.

Fans should expect this sort of thing from the very moment the first CG trailer hit. The game will be compared and contrasted with everything on the market. I chalk it all up to the CG trailer. It just invited that sort of thing. It'll end up getting just a little bit of extra criticism thrown at all. It's natural in a way.

Who cares.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Downloading now. The show length is absolutely fucking epic...a true season finally imo.
*wipes tear*
Thanks to all involved especially Garnett and the rest of the cast. You all have provided me with endless hours of laughter, huhs, gtfos, and insight. Thank you all.

<3

Kaako

dfyb

Banned
Kintaro said:
Fans should expect this sort of thing from the very moment the first CG trailer hit. The game will be compared and contrasted with everything on the market. I chalk it all up to the CG trailer. It just invited that sort of thing. It'll end up getting just a little bit of extra criticism thrown at all. It's natural in a way.

Who cares.
i'm referring to their use of game titles as adjectives.

Balb

Kintaro said:

Who cares.

Well, one or two years down the line, people who just purchased a PS3 will probably have no idea about all the pre-release hype.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Shane - "I really liked Lost Odyssey, except for its problems..."

Skip - "You mean its problem of being on the 360?"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Balb said:
Well, one or two years down the line, people who just purchased a PS3 will probably have no idea about all the pre-release hype.

Nah, but if they want, they will be reading reviews influenced by it at the time. <shrugs> Not a big deal really.

Danielsan

Omg I laughing and crying at the same time. :lol
This is the real 1upyours experience.
This kinda makes me realize that the show was already semi dead after Luke left. The dynamic between Luke, Shane, Garnett and John is simply perfect and Luke's laugh is contagious. :lol

Danielsan said:
Omg I laughing and crying at the same time. :lol
This is the real 1upyours experience.
This kinda makes me realize that the show was already semi dead after Luke left. The dynamic between Luke, Shane, Garnett and John is simply perfect.

Seriously, I've been re-listening to 2006/early 2007 Yours and they simply cannot be touched.

Willeth

I just paused it at 38 minutes. When does the Episode 2 talk end? I'm at pretty much the same point Luke is in Episode 1 and I'd really like to avoid spoilers after all this time of carefully stepping over them.

EDIT: Oh hey never mind, looks like he's not going to spoil it for Luke's sake. I already know that
Eli dies
so I guess I've not got that much to worry about anyway.

I am almost afraid to listen to this. It will bring up the past 3 years or memories from 1up. Plus, I need to find something to do while listening to this.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
fistfulofmetal said:
LASSO THE IMPOSSIBLE BEAST THAT IS WALKING WHILE SHOOTING
quote of 2009...that should have been on the back cover of Dead Space.

Top Bottom