• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 01/22/2009

LukeSmith

Blueblur1 said:
I figured the reveal would come since he's not going to be in the limelight anymore by not being a 1up employee.

Yes, that is exactly why it happened. He needs you all and he'll be reading your impressions of Blue Dragon DS and Tornado with baited breath and fingers gently resting on Ctrl+F.

The find field says "Shane."
Sometimes it says Mangod.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Y2Kev said:
revised.jpg
Dyack just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about banning culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on GameFAQs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on The NeoGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the GAF public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Too Human for any system, nor will they purchase any of Dyack's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Dyack has alienated an entire market with this move.

Dennis, publicly apologize and fix Coop in Too Human or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Blueblur1

LukeSmith said:
Yes, that is exactly why it happened. He needs you all and he'll be reading your impressions of Blue Dragon DS and Tornado with baited breath and fingers gently resting on Ctrl+F.

The find field says "Shane."
Sometimes it says Mangod.
You said this before on an old 1upY or 1up Show. He denies his GAF addiction but actually sits there Ctrl+F'ing every thread for a mention of himself. If true, then he's got issues. D:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Blueblur1 said:
You said this before on an old 1upY or 1up Show. He denies his GAF addiction but actually sits there Ctrl+F'ing every thread for a mention of himself. If true, then he's got issues. D:
You don't actually need to use Ctrl+F on Firefox. Also, there's a markup option.

FreshOne

LiquidSwords said:
BEST thing out of PAX? maybe. great job, guys

forget about Nick Sutter's kids table - the GameNow of podcasts step in to save the day at the unlistenable 1up yours
Sutter (sic) and Co under the bus! That Yours was awesomely unintelligible.

Nizz

DevelopmentArrested said:
Just finished it.

Nothing more needs to be said other than..

Thank you guys.
Same here. Way to end the 1up Yours legacy. Great show, guys! And :D at the Shane at GAF reveal. Bravo!

just finished it.

hopefully i'm not alone in saying that my eyes got a bit wattery when garnett said "we are ghost" for the last time.

WARNING

Banned
brought this podcast to the gym;
got teary eyed.

thanks for the few years of amazing weekends, and one DIFFICULT workout.

for someone who has been listening to the 1upyours podcast for years now, this finale was all you could hope for just short of Mark, Bryan, and Shawn showing up

dfyb

Banned
wmat said:
So 1UP Yours > 1UP Yours as well?
I think what you want to say is 1UP Yours>x; x∈Ω; Ω={p | p≠1UP Yours}
no, 1UP Yours > 1UP Yours is also correct

nny

oh snap, the day has come

This is the GAF equivalent of Obama's election: "Did you ever think you would live to see this day?"

:lol

Top Bottom