• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

aznpxdd

Yeah man we're like ban brothers. I just came out a little earlier.

Kind of, if the Suns win the Jazz can still get in if the Suns lose at home vs the Spurs (unlikely) and the Jazz beat the Blazers at home (very likely)

And if the Jazz win, Suns is out?

You know what's sad? Just to spite them, I want the Spurs to get crushed.

BUT!!!! I LOVE THE SPURS. Can't hate on Timmy/Pop/most of the team, except for the occasional players like Bruce Bowen.

I am so conflicted.

Reminds me.

Bowen was on ESPN Radio yesterday or prior, I can't recall. Verbally looking down on Metta for the elbow. It was a bitch elbow, but Bowen made a career out of trying to injure guys' ankles and swan kicking Korver.

It felt like Chris Brown telling me how treat my girlfriend better. There was no shame in his rant or sense of irony.

do we know which seeds will play on saturday? is there a playoff timetable or do they just adjust on the fly? i can't seem to find one on google.

diehard

Fleer
do we know which seeds will play on saturday? is there a playoff timetable or do they just adjust on the fly? i can't seem to find one on google.

They adjust on the fly according to which matchup will get the most viewers. The Lakers will play on sunday, for example.

Reminds me.

Bowen was on ESPN Radio yesterday or prior, I can't recall. Verbally looking down on Metta for the elbow. It was a bitch elbow, but Bowen made a career out of trying to injure guys' ankles and swan kicking Korver.

It felt like Chris Brown telling me how treat my girlfriend better. There was no shame in his rant or sense of irony.
You should check his twitter page. Its pretty much him defending himself.

For instance,
your opinion, I never slid under guys purposefully.

Wally saw that coming and chose to take the foul. Harden never saw the elbow coming.

that's your opinion which you're entitled to. I rolled my ankle on others feet too, I never said a word.

I didn't take that philosophy, you don't intentionally try and hurt guys to try and get victories.

and you're entitled to your opinion regarding that. I know and Steve Francis knows that wasn't intentional.

Jeff-DSA

Bowen was as dirty as any player has ever been. Rodman has always been painted as a real dirty player, and he kind of was, but he never tried to injure people the way Bowen did. Bowen wouldn't just try to foul a guy, he wanted to see them come up holding their ankle. ESPN is terrible for giving him a job.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bowen was as dirty as any player has ever been. Rodman has always been painted as a real dirty player, and he kind of was, but he never tried to injure people the way Bowen did. Bowen wouldn't just try to foul a guy, he wanted to see them come up holding their ankle. ESPN is terrible for giving him a job.

Rodman took most of his angst out at arena workers anyway.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Reminds me.

Lol! I thought the same thing. Bruce was an asshole and a took cheap shots whenever he thought he could get away with it. Listening to him come down on MWP was surreal.

Proof.

I'm pretty sure Bruce justified what he did because his shit happens (karate kick, feet under ankles, etc.) while play is happening

For instance,

1478998638_666dbbfcaa_o.gif

Oh yeah, wasn't intentional.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit, Skip actually called out Bruce Bowen for all the ankle stuff when Bruce was shitting on Artest, lol.

EDIT: And Bruce came back with the it wasn't "intentional" card.

For instance,

I'm pretty sure Bruce justified what he did because his shit happens (karate kick, feet under ankles, etc.) while play is happening

I wonder what his excuse is for kneeing Nash in the groin, or kicking Ray Allen, or kicking Chris Paul. I'm sure they saw it coming and decided to take the foul, or it was an accident.

diehard

Fleer
So i was talking about Favors and that big lineup the Jazz have been using.. some stats with that lineup:

Outscored Orlando 71-34

OFF RTG of 115.6
DEF RTG of 82.4

insane.

Nori Chan

Reminds me.

‏ @Matt_Barnes22

So #BruceBowen thinks Ron should be suspended 10games, that's coming from a guy that use to stick his foot under people's feet when they'd shoot jumpers.. F.O.H

i rt'd that shit :}

Ron does deserve 10 games though. I know Matt his teammate and all. But srsly, bro. He fucked up.

Edit: I forgot we were dealing with Stern though. Sign me up for 25 games.

Jonm1010

Banned
Ron deserves 10 games+ but Bowen is a piece of shit.

One of the biggest pieces of shit to play the game in the last ten years.

Taints the entire spurs organization.

SUPREME1

Banned
If anyone else dropped that elbow, they'd get 2 games. So he should get 2 games.

However, understand history comes into play. Though I thought he paid his debt to the league by serving out his suspension and doing community service via various league charities, I can see the league bowing to pressure and handing out an unfair punishment.

So, I guess if we accept that the league will be dropping the hammer, due to his history, the punishment will be increased severely over what any other player would get (2 games). And I know it isn't fair to Metta and it's completely unheard of in the NBA, but he could be looking at a harsh 4 games suspension. Yeah, you heard me right. That would be an astonishing 100% increase over what any other player would get (2 games).

That's fucked up, but it is what it is. He did the crime, time to do the time. Can't wait for the league to make it official so we can all move on.

Maybe one day, all players will be treated equally and skin color won't play into these decisions.

Bruuuuuuuuuceeee is a gentleman and a scholar. A smart, eloquent 21st century visionary. Do you fellas know how hard it is to tie a bow tie? Takes a man of unparalleled hand-eye coordination.

He may have gotten into a few scuffles in his days in the league but those are over now. Why live in the past? Lets live in the present. And the present has his jersey in the rafters among the all-time greats.

diehard

Fleer
If anyone else dropped that elbow, they'd get 2 games. So he should get 2 games.

However, understand history comes into play. Though I thought he paid his debt to the league by serving out his suspension and doing community service via various league charities, I can see the league bowing to pressure and handing out an unfair punishment.

So, I guess if we accept that the league will be dropping the hammer, due to his history, the punishment will be increased severely over what any other player would get (2 games). And I know it isn't fair to Metta and it's completely unheard of in the NBA, but he could be looking at a harsh 4 games suspension. Yeah, you heard me right. That would be an astonishing 100% increase over what any other player would get (2 games).

That's fucked up, but it is what it is. He did the crime, time to do the time. Can't wait for the league to make it official so we can all move on.

Maybe one day, all players will be treated equally and skin color won't play into these decisions.

lol what the fuck is this?

please tell me you just trollin bro

Bruuuuuuuuuceeee is a gentleman and a scholar. A smart, eloquent 21st century visionary. Do you fellas know how hard it is to tie a bow tie? Takes a man of unparalleled hand-eye coordination.

He may have gotten into a few scuffles in his days in the league but those are over now. Why live in the past? Lets live in the present. And the present has his jersey in the rafters among the all-time greats.

You're right, The Spurs fucked up.

Ron is getting kicked out of the league.

Possibly:

5/5/11
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (LAL) for 1 game and assessed him a flagrant
foul for hitting J.J. Barea (Dal) in the face late in Wednesday's Dal-LAL
game.
5/7/09
The NBA assessed a flagrant foul (level 1) to Kobe Bryant (LAL) for
throwing an elbow at Ron Artest (Hou) during Wednesday's Hou-LAL game.
7/14/07
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Sac) for 7 games for his no contest plea in
May to a misdemeanor domestic violence charge.
4/24/06
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Sac) for 1 game for throwing an elbow at
Manu Ginobili (SA) during Saturday's Sac-SA game.
12/15/05
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Ind) $10,000 for making public statements
detrimental to the NBA for his public statement that he wanted to be
traded.
11/21/04
The NBA came down hard with the suspensions for Friday's Ind-Det brawl that
involved players going into the stands and punches being exchanged between
players and fans. Ron Artest (Ind) was suspended for the rest of the season
(72 games).
5/25/04
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Ind) $10,000 for making an obscene gesture
during Monday's Det-Ind game.
3/19/04
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Ind) for 1 game for elbowing Derek Anderson
(Por) during Wednesday's Ind-Por game
4/3/03
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Ind) $20,000 for his obscene gesture to the
crowd during Wednesday's Ind-Cle game.
3/20/03
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Ind) for 2 games for accumulating 8 flagrant
foul points. Every flagrant foul he receives for the rest of the regular
season will now result in a 2 game suspension.
3/13/03
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Ind) for 1 game for his flagrant foul during
Wednesday's Ind-Phi game. Artest has exceeded the maximum number of
flagrant foul points allowed and will be suspended for 1 game for each
flagrant foul point he earns the rest of the regular season.
3/9/03
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Ind) for 1 game after Artest collected his 6th
flagrant foul point.
2/26/03
Indiana suspended Ron Artest for 1 game for disciplinary reasons.
1/29/03
The NBA suspended Ron Artest (Ind) for 4 games for flipping off the crowd
and his interaction with Pat Riley (Mia) during Monday's Ind-Mia game.
1/4/03
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Ind) $35,000 and suspended him for 3 games for
throwing a television monitor and smashing a $100,000 TV camera after
Friday's Ind-NY game
12/19/02
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Ind) $10,000 for shoving Raja Bell (Dal) and
failing to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection
during Tuesday's Dal-Ind game.
2/21/01
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Chi) $7,500 and suspended him for 1 game and
fined Glenn Robinson (Mil) $7,500 and suspended him for 1 game for their
fight in Tuesday's Chi-Mil game
10/4/99
The NBA fined Ron Artest (Chi) $5,000 and sent him home from the NBA
rookie orientation for missing a meeting at the orientation.

Yeah...Ron might be thrown out this time.

He seems to like elbows and obscene gestures.

Bowser

Just wanted to drive-by post in here and say I'm proud of my boy Danny MF Green getting it done for the Spurs!

Fuck you MJ!

PLEASE LET US GET THE BROW.

Oh and Tom Benson, give us back the Hornets franchise name, kthx

Artest deserves much more than a two game suspension because of a concept called recidivism. He has been suspended from the league over ten times previously for similarly idiotic and malicious acts. I expect him to get the book thrown at him. And to all of you out there claiming Artest has changed, claiming he has atoned for his past acts. What would you call the clothesline on Barrea? That was just this past year... Was that the face of a man who has changed? A man who has learned? He will continue to receive harsher and harsher penalties until he shows that he understands what the rules are, until he understands that intentionally harming another player is wrong. How many times does he have to be punished before he understands?

Edit: I would be very happy to see him kicked out of the league. I don't understand why all the lakeshow fans are rushing to his defense, you guys are better off without him. He's just a waste of space on the court.

Just wanted to drive-by post in here and say I'm proud of my boy Danny MF Green getting it done for the Spurs!

Hes so effin good.

Makes you wonder how many other players are simply mishandled by their organizations...or maybe the Spurs just make players look good?

I dunno, but its mystifying. Guys come into the Spurs and display entirely different skillsets than before..

Canuck76

Banned

Lol skin color playing into the decision. That doesn't matter at all. 5+ games will be taken away at minimum. If anybody else did this it would most likely be a even 3+ games min. I think 7 is appropriate though considering the situation and that Harden was running into him at the time, most likely looking for an elbow or something to use for a flop.

youve been reading lakers forums, havent you

Hes so effin good.

Makes you wonder how many other players are simply mishandled by their organizations...or maybe the Spurs just make players look good?

I dunno, but its mystifying. Guys come into the Spurs and display entirely different skillsets than before..
Yeah, it's truly amazing how the Spurs organization coalesces a rag-tag team of scrubs year after year that gets humiliated in the first round of the playoffs annually.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Fuck you MJ!

PLEASE LET US GET THE BROW.

Oh and Tom Benson, give us back the Hornets franchise name, kthx
<Like>

diehard

Fleer
Spurs fans should root for the Jazz tonight.

There is literally no worse matchup for the Jazz, every single of of their weaknesses are the Spurs strong points.

Top Bottom