• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck76

Banned
Context people. It's important in considering stats. Those + - numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Yes knicks got swept. It was a relative mercy kill though with Carmelo there, hell even a game once or twice compared to the slaughterhouse without him.

Hahahaha oh don't even try to tell me knicks win a game without Melo.

GUYZ HE HAS MORE - NUMBERS PUT SHAWNE WILLIAMS ON THE COURT AND HE'LL GET PLUS NUMBERS

WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET IT THIS IS JUST LIKE XENOBLADES

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Context people. It's important in considering stats. Those + - numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Yes knicks got swept. It was a relative mercy kill though with Carmelo there, hell even a game once or twice compared to the slaughterhouse without him.

Getting swept in the first round or eliminated in 5 games is nothing new for Carmelo. He's actually lost more first round series now than T-Mac.

Think about that.

Doomsayer

The fact is the Knicks probably win game one with no Carmelo in that series. One more win than they got with him.

Paul actually won games and put up a 67% TS, they arent even CLOSE to the same thing.

Point is Anthony has been swept 3 times and 3 more times only won 1 game, Shoots 3.7% worse while getting routinely lit up in the playoffs.

You go ahead and keep thinking he brings it or something though.

Yeah, no.

Just no. Melo was the only offensive threat on that team after Amar'e went down. Who was making shots for them? Douglas? Fields? Walker?

Now, if Melo was never traded to the Knicks and they have Gallo, Chandler, Failton..etc then you have a case.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Getting swept in the first round or eliminated in 5 games is nothing new for Carmelo. He's actually lost more first round series now than T-Mac.

Think about that.
Vince gets to look down upon Carmelo in disgust.

diehard

Fleer
Yeah, no.

Just no. Melo was the only offensive threat on that team after Amar'e went down. Who was making shots for them? Douglas? Fields? Walker?

Now, if Melo was never traded to the Knicks and they have Gallo, Chandler, Failton..etc then you have a case.

The Knicks shot 42.3% in game 1 and lost by 2 points. Anthony shot 27.7% that game (with 5 turnovers) they theoretically would have had a better chance of winning without him.

Oh and lets look at the game log shall we? http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=310417002&period=4

In the final 3 minutes of that game he goes 0-3 with 2 turnovers.

literally losing them the game.

Canuck76

Banned
The Knicks shot 42.3% in game 1 and lost by 2 points. Anthony shot 27.7% that game (with 5 turnovers) they theoretically would have had a better chance of winning without him.

THE MATH ALL WORKS OUT GUYZ

JUST LIKE XENOBLADES

I SHOULD BE A GM

Canuck76

Banned
You have to admit that xenoblade would be way better with current gen visuals

Lol i don't even have a wii. Though I would love to play that game. I'm just messing with you diehard you have a point i just think Melo should get props for that 42pt game. Looking back he did have two 15pt clunkers where he was very inefficient

I hadn't played my wii in a year or so, when I tried to play smash bros the other day I found out it was broken.

And I felt nothing at all.
I was pretty positive about the system for its first few years, but there has literally been nothing for the past year or two. Except Monster Hunter, which is fucking amazing. I think the Galaxy games validated the purchase as well.

Alrix

I like Carmelo right now. Offensive tear, trying hard on defense, showing leadership of the team. I think he's as fired up right now as anyone. It's gonna be fun

Canuck76

Banned
If Melo doesn't take those bad shots, who does?

Really though who does? I know your joking but if Melo's not taking shots then i bet you everybody's FG% would be way down. There's Melo inefficiency and then there's "Toney Douglas iso" inefficiency.

aznpxdd

Really though who does? I know your joking but if Melo's not taking shots then i bet you everybody's FG% would be way down. There's Melo inefficiency and then there's "Toney Douglas iso" inefficiency.

Come on homie, no one actually believes Knicks are better without Melo. But the fact is, Melo has never really "brought it" in the playoffs. End of that.

Canuck76

Banned
Come on homie, no one actually believes Knicks are better without Melo. But the fact is, Melo has never really "brought it" in the playoffs. End of that.

Check out this game 42pts 17 rebounds, shot near 50% and they only lost by 3. So really, theoretically he should have shot more than his crappy teammates and they would have won the game. Same series

That's what i call bringing it.

DY_nasty

Check out this game 42pts 17 rebounds, shot near 50% and they only lost by 3. So really, theoretically he should have shot more than his crappy teammates and they would have won the game. Same series

That's what i call bringing it.
McGrady did some pretty incredible 1st round shit too.

Grant Hill too.

Stackhouse....

Canuck76

Banned
Knicks taking the Heat in 7, you heard it here first.

Lol check the past 2 pages.

Diehard was arguing that Melo was inefficent in that series. I gave you guys a clear example of when he wasn't and almost won a game.

Also he's not Tracy Mcgrady dudes been to the WCF, was a crucial part of the team, that's not a valid argument.

Looking forward to that series though.

Hopefully Evan turner can explode and make that game before interesting.

Could he do that if the kid just had some zoloft?

Onemic

Lol check the past 2 pages.

Diehard was arguing that Melo was inefficent in that series. I gave you guys a clear example of when he wasn't and almost won a game.

Also he's not Tracy Mcgrady dudes been to the WCF, was a crucial part of the team, that's not a valid argument.

Looking forward to that series though.

Hopefully Evan turner can explode and make that game before interesting.

Could he do that if the kid just had some zoloft?

Honestly, past the bulls taking the ship, as long as the heat lose, I'll be happy.

Emwitus

Its funny how people assume it's as simple as taking out melo and the knicks win the game. You know what, if melo wasn't taking those shots, someone else would.....and honestly, i'd rather have melo taking them.

I think if I was an NBA player the relative stress free environment of working retail would be great fun.

That sounds like words from a player that is sitting at the end of the bench.

No competitor would spew that nonsense.

Bystander_rap_reaction.gif

Pkaz01

I think if I was an NBA player the relative stress free environment of working retail would be great fun.

Yea if you think Jrue was having fun in that video I don't know what to tell you.

Landry had some fun but he would have gotten fired for doing some of the shit he did. Jrue got the real retail treatment.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Hmm, can't decide... Should I get up early and watch the Heat tomorrow, or just wait to tune in when they inevitably make it to the Finals?

Celtics over Hawks in 6
Bulls over Philly in 4 (but I can see it being 5)
Indy over Orlando in 5 (but I can see it being a sweep)
Miami over Knicks in 6. Unconventional pick. Have a weird feeling of a road closeout. 5 otherwise

Spurs over Jazz in 5
OKC over Mavs in 7 (pride shows up!)
Memphis over Clips in 5. It might be 7, but I don't think Grizz will close out on the road in 6.

I think the Laker series goes 6 or 7 games.

Honestly, the OKC/Dallas one is the hardest to peg. I could see it being a sweep by OKC too.

Pkaz01

Depends on which dirk shows up. if its regular season dirk dallas has no chance but if its playoffs from last year dirk okc players will not sleep a single night during that series.

DY_nasty

Depends on which dirk shows up. if its regular season dirk dallas has no chance but if its playoffs from last year dirk okc players will not sleep a single night during that series.
Last year's Dirk doesn't exist

DY_nasty

I think after the d-whistle miami finals years ago dirk goes crazy when he hears a whistle in the playoffs. Give him a quarter against the fthunder and he will return.
Dallas hasn't taken this season seriously once this year. Why do you think they will now?

exarkun

Late March and April Dirk has put up similar number to his averages from last year. And he always gets higher average numbers in the playoffs. At least for the last three or four years.

So saying last year's Dirk doesn't exist going into this round is a bit reactionary. He'll play hard, and put up his 26 points and 3 assists. A better reason they'll lose is because his surrounding players are not the same (basically, tyson is gone).

Dirk will show up. So will Jet, Kidd, and Marion. Everyone else is a big ?. The OKC series can go either way, but Durant/Harden/Whistle will be hard to beat with the experiences under their belt.

C4Lukins

Not sure if I prefer the Sooners to the Lakers in the first round. I do think Dallas can take it though. We played them hard during the regular season. A ton of experience versus a ton of amazing youth. Dallas in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom