• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

NMniF.jpg

PLAYOFFS.

I love hearing the Garden during playoff games. I want a Heat player to be crying in the locker room by the end of this series.

h3ro, all you want is for a heat player to be crying? FOR THEM, IT WAS TUESDAY

I love hearing the Garden during playoff games. I want a Heat player to be crying in the locker room by the end of this series.

I had no idea you loved hearing the Garden be silent 75% of the time like it was last season as the Knicks were getting blown out.

The organ itself made up for probably 80% of the noise

h3ro

I had no idea you loved hearing the Garden be silent 75% of the time like it was last season as the Knicks were getting blown out.

A heat fan is giving me shit about a silent arena?

Go help Wade stretch white t shirts over empty seats.

masud

Banned

Let's see what happens this year. You know Novak and JR are gonna hit like 15 3's in one of those games at the Garden.

That shit that makes your soul burn slow.

you don't need to fall for that stupid msg myth that somehow their fans are better than everyone else. then again you have been largely irrelevant for a decade plus so of course people are going to hang onto one quality they think actually exists

and masud yes the knicks will probably win a game oR two due to insane threes

h3ro

you don't need to fall for that stupid msg myth that somehow their fans are better than everyone else. then again you have been largely irrelevant for a decade plus so of course people are going to hang onto one quality they think actually exists

You're right. You know what MSG needs to do?

They should do a guide on how one should be a fan of the team.

Today should be fun.

I'm teaching for 2 1/2 hours today

AND IT'S FROM 3:30-6 ET :( :( :( THE ONLY FUCKING TIME THE GAME IS ON

It's a playoff game so I'll probably get to catch the tail end of the fourth though. I hope I don't turn on the TV and weep.

and masud yes the knicks will probably win a game oR two due to insane threes

As a Chicagoan Im required to to hate everything New York, but by talking about fanbase, enthusiasm and crowds you're entering the wrong debate. I think you should focus on having the better team, not the fact that half the crowd in Miami shows up midway through the 2nd and the other half leaves with 5 minutes left in the game.

As a Chicagoan Im required to to hate everything New York, but by talking about fanbase, enthusiasm and crowds you're entering the wrong debate. I think you should focus on having the better team, not the fact that half the crowd in Miami shows up midway through the 2nd and the other half leaves with 5 minutes left in the game.

me said:
Heat fans want a championship

Knicks fans want one playoff win and awesome fan support!

I shouldn't be so cruel....THAT Knicks fan apparently is focused on other things

Apparently, you need to focus on reading comprehension

$45 for 300 level tix yay or nay???

45 bleeping dollars for any seat? you jump on that right now

I forked out 100 for shitty seats at MSG when the Heat came :(

h3ro

Of course we want a championship. It's been the goal always. It's been constantly derailed by inane management for more than a decade, but that doesn't mean it's not the focus of this fanbase.

phee, gamecast it man. Prop your phone up on your desk like you looking at a lesson plan or something.

$45 for playoff tickets!?!? What on earth....

Apparently, you need to focus on reading comprehension

45 bleeping dollars for any seat? you jump on that right now

I forked out 100 for shitty seats at MSG when the Heat came :(

You need to focus on reading what you typed. You just started an argument about "silent arenas" as a Heat fan. Fucking insanity!

LuchaShaq

Banned
cause fuck okc thats why! Who outside of people that live in Oklahoma like the thunder?

I don't have a team but they have the greatest amount of players I enjoy watching so I hope they get to the finals and every series goes 7. /shrug.

Also so excited for games today.

Bulls -7
Heat -5
Pacers -5
Celtics -6

Spurs -6
OKC - 5
Lakers - 5
Grizzlies - 6

You need to focus on reading what you typed. You just started an argument about "silent arenas" as a Heat fan. Fucking insanity!

No, I didn't start any argument. I didn't sit here and say "Heat fans are loud!" All I basically said was "MSG and NYK fans are overrated" in a response to what a Knicks fan said you know in the same way people would react to me if I said something they didn't agree with.

What you want to believe is not what you are seeing

with that being said, I have to shamefully admit I have a soft spot for the big city arenas with organs (Gonna have to throw in Pacers arena in there, whatever the fuck it's called now) makes the game feel very retro and classic. Fans is another thing!

pheenix... pheenix had a hard life

now that I read that I feel like a dick lol. first world issues!

Owzers

goooooooooooo Knicks! Best case scenario: Melo and Novak can't miss, Amare pretends like he's going to take a charge, Bibby doesn't die on the court, Chandler doesn't get early fouls by non-stop Heat flopping.

What da fuck bro

I got mad at seeing all these people pick the Knicks. I had to take it out somewhere!

In all seriousness, it's not an indictment against Chicago I still think they'll give the Heat a hell of a hard time in the conference finals. I don't see this series going to 7 as I'm thinking you guys suck and are gonna get bounced but the play styles and questionable healths makes me feel it'll be a grind

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I just got off a 24 hour shift and couldn't give a fuck about staying up for the game right now.

Just win, baby.

RBH

is attendance so bad in the nba? you still can buy tickets for playoff games?

It's been like this for years, especially for the first round.

It all comes back to reaching the point of saturation. There's just too many teams in the playoffs and too many games being played in the playoffs. People aren't as willing to buy playoff tickets when they don't see that much of a significant difference in value/utility between a regular season game and a 1st round playoff game.

Back in 2009, I remember buying $5 tickets with a group of people on the day of Game 1 of Hawks/Heat.

The price of 1st round tickets are especially prone to bottoming out.

Mothman91

I'm teaching for 2 1/2 hours today

AND IT'S FROM 3:30-6 ET :( :( :( THE ONLY FUCKING TIME THE GAME IS ON

It's a playoff game so I'll probably get to catch the tail end of the fourth though. I hope I don't turn on the TV and weep.

Shutup bitch, I'm going to Shenandoah for a picnic. Will miss all games and probably some of the last one.

Eat my nuts.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Predictions are fun:

Spurs in 5
OKC in 5
Nuggets in 6
Grizz in 6

Bulls in 6
Knicks in 7*
Pacers in 4
Celts in 5

*Realism be damned. I'm in support mode right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom