• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 Rescinds Job Offer to Halo Community Member Over Forum Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped following that story, but was it actually ever shown to be anything more than an accident/coincedence?

I mean it was very much copying that flag almost exactly. Whether it was just a goof due to a google image search or what, It was for sure that stupid flag. Thats a good point though, but we'll never know what Bungie did to investigate it, or if they even know who did it in order to even confront the person. It still makes me sick.

lol @ this guy thinking his shitty comments about trans people don't matter. regardless of your skills, no one's gonna hire you if you're gonna be an HR nightmare.

joecanada

Oh, well, nevermind - not even the slightest sympathy for him. Beforehand, I was content saying that this was his fault and he should learn from this in the future. Now I just wish he was never offered the position to begin with. Or any position beyond being a McDonalds fry cook.

Nah when I order a cheeseburger I'd rather get it from a nice normal teen paying for college not some hateful piece of shit . He can go back to whatever hole he came from . Maybe web designer for Breitbart would be a good fit .

Eumi

I’m not sure what’s more disgusting. These new posts brought up or the implication that they’re acceptable on that forum.

Hopefully this whole drama will at least alert some of these companies offering him jobs to his beliefs.

Nah when I order a cheeseburger I'd rather get it from a nice normal teen paying for college not some hateful piece of shit . He can go back to whatever hole he came from . Maybe web designer for Breitbart would be a good fit .
I was about to type something to that extent but I didn’t want my post to be too bloated. Maybe he can have a lucrative career as a tiki torch salesman.

Cranster

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...s_has_revoked_multilockons_job_offer/dnkrdge/

He got offered a job by 343 but immediately afterwards a Reddit user pointed out that two months ago he said nobody at 343 deserves their job. Looking at recent posts also showed he singled out two individuals at 343 as turds, said he hated a certain employee there and jokingly said he'd like to "Spartan charge them in real life", and made other less-than-flattering ad hominem statements about people there. There were also a few threads where he was just responding with laughter to a comment about hypothetical nudes of a female member of 343 and was just part of a discussion where someone described two of the studio's female employees performing sex acts on the commenters. Maybe not a big deal because he wasn't the one making the statements, but could be pretty awkward working with him simply because of his responses to the posts. As a result, 343 naturally withdrew the offer because you can't behave that way in public toward your would-be coworkers and bosses and expect to be hired. This sucks for him, of course, because he had already quit his old job and was in the process of moving to Washington. It is horrible that 343 didn't know about this stuff until he'd already been given the go-ahead. Edit: He has also made all kinds of ignorant transphobic posts, posts saying people choose to be gay, etc. No idea whether that was part of the decision once they started looking into him or not but I do know that kind of stuff wouldn't fly at 343.
What else are we missing?

Trup1aya

I read what you said, but some of the stuff you said isn't even in the OP. So I'm not sure where your reading this, can you give me links?

1.) Where was it stated he was hired? From what I've read, he only received a job offer. Job offer =/= hired. Hired and being fired is very different from a company doing a complete background check on someone they offered a job too. I really wouldn't call this "evil".

From that point my original statement still stands. 343i isn't evil for not hiring this guy. Yea, 343i should really hire a guy who made insulting comments towards their whole team, multiple times. If they don't do that, it's evil. /s

Did you ever think maybe, just maybe, if he didn't act like a jerk, he would have this job? That his direct actions led to this consequence?

His actions, his posts, the posts he liked, his attitude, they all affected his chances at the job.

2.) If it was a job offer shouldn't he quit his old job and move after he's officially hired?

3.) From what I can tell, 343i initially saw the comment that "no one at 343 deserves this job". Maybe they did some more digging/background checks like multiple people in this thread have suggested, or found other statements and decided he didn't want to hire him. You cannot blame 343 for initially thinking he made a few comments, but found worse things as they went on. Idk if that's what happened, but it is possible. Look at what Fyrewolf said, MultiLockOn says it's not true but who knows.

Um, it wasn't over that post. He harassed and internet-stalked multiple Community Cartographers and insinuated some pretty horrible shit about them. He knew what was up because he deleted all his videos where he harassed the CCs constantly as soon as he got his job offer.
- Fyrewolf

Edit: Just look above my posts ^^^. If they simply read his comments and thought he might produce a toxic environment why the fuck would they hire him?
I
Posted his comments on the matter.

Again you aren't reading what I'm saying- or atleast you aren't comprehending it.

Not hiring him is one thing.

Knowing about his comments, telling him that they will hire anyway, and then not hiring him is a different thing entirely.

Seeing some more of the comments he made, it's becoming more and more clear that hiring him would be a bad idea.

So it would have made sense to do the second pass on his social media BEFORE telling him that they were going to hire him despite his comments...

Lijik

also hot off the reddit presses

KaoG1Kc.png

mRc3mbi.png

I'm sure the trans employees at 343 really want someone that called them clinically insane a month ago working next to them.
Ummm okay i think just digging stuff up from the far off year of last month is taking this online internet cyberwitch hunt out of hand. people can change okay?? more importantly he has true passion for halo as noted by how vitrolic he is - the true measure of criticism. who cares if hes repeatedly shown hes not a good fit for a team environment? passion - no matter how angry - is the most important aspect of being a human being!!! being torn down is just how you know fans love you. cmon its just generic internet talk he didnt LITERALLY mean it! like hello?? welcome to the internet 343i! besides havent all of us gamers been a complete dipshit over some minor frustration? he didnt send death threats so its not toxic its just a regular part of the gamer culture. Plus halo is way more important than how some team that should be fired because they didnt make halo the way i want feels. smh cant believe such a promising young man is being ruined by these cowardly reddit wannabe detectives
/s

Meier

His two most recent replies (he in italics) from him at that TeamBeyond site. He certainly isn't making an effort to back down from controversial statements. Can't believe you'd respond to posts like this right now given the circumstances:

FrankTheShow, on 27 Sept 2017 - 2:18 PM, said:
Tashi was a community cucktographer right?

Not that I know of

FrankTheShow, on 27 Sept 2017 - 2:16 PM, said:
Just saw FyreWulff's post on NeoGAF trying to make you look bad for being red pilled and woke as fuck, fuck that furry and make America great again brother.

He's mad he was called out in the CC video. No chip off my block.

Gestault

Looking into some of these public posts, this guy sounds unpleasant on a personal level. Like, in how he treats people in aggregate.

m23

lol what an idiot.

Still glad to see they didnt fire him over that one post. the other stuff is definitely way out of line.

They didn't fire him because he was never an employee. The rescinded an offer...big difference.

Also all these people telling him to sue, are you lawyers?

Given the most recent comments that came out, there go his 4 other offers.

VeeP

I
Posted his comments on the matter.

Again you aren't reading what I'm saying- or atleast you aren't comprehending it.

Not hiring him is one thing.

Knowing about his comments, telling him that they will hire anyway, and then not hiring him is a different thing entirely.

You stated they hired him in your original post.

so allegedly, the day after hiring him, they called him about the controversial comments he made previously.

It's important to note, he was never HIRED. He was given a job offer. Big difference.

It's not hard to believe that they saw the initial comments about no one at 343i deserved to work there, and called him about that. And THEN they did a deep background check (like most companies do) and found out about his comments about 343i workers, etc. like the Reddit post above says.

I agree with you, that if they KNEW ALL THE COMMENTS, and told him it's okay and then backtracked - that's iffy. I believe that's what your suggesting, correct?

But what I'm saying is there's a chance a lot of his other comments weren't seen until AFTER. For instance, you make a few insulting statements, but we take about it and I agree your fit for a job at my company and I give you a job offer. But later on, I see your posts about spartan charging an employee of mine, or transphobic posts, etc. Do you expect me to still hire you? Am I evil for not rescinding my job offer?

I hope I made my point clear, if not please let me know.

As for that Reddit posts, are there any sources on his statements?

So it would have made sense to do the second pass on his social media BEFORE telling him that they were going to hire him despite his comments...

Edit: Just saw your recent edit. A few posters in this thread say that after a job offer, a background check is done. He failed the background check. As far as I know it was never stated he was "hired" - please correct me if I'm wrong. 343i seems to be following the standard process. Shouldn't he have not quit his job and moved across the country until he was officially hired?

kliklik

Banned

KaoG1Kc.png

mRc3mbi.png

I'm sure the trans employees at 343 really want someone that called them clinically insane a month ago working next to them.

JHGHFkO.png

But you see he was just talking to his friends about trans people, not a trans person, so it's not hostile or degrading or anything.

And guess what since saying everyone at 343 should lose their job 3 months ago he has become a good Christian boy so please stop holding people's past from 1-3 months ago over their head. That's all in the past.

And, he makes a damn good map.

Two sides to every story, people!

Crosseyes

Banned
The guy may have some shitty opinions but this is a bit far and bordering in witch hunt terrotory. Let his actions speak for themselves.
Some witch hunts are justified when we can actually make a difference in purging the type of bigotry that's really reared it's ugly head in gaming recently.

Any means to out this guy so no gaming company would want to hire him would be the morally right thing to do.

Tain

if you keep your hate towards marginalized groups contained to posts on some 2002-looking forum it doesn't count

JHGHFkO.png

But you see he was just talking to his friends about trans people, not a trans person, so it's not hostile or degrading or anything.

And guess what since saying everyone at 343 should lose their job 3 months ago he has become a good Christian boy so please stop holding people's past from 1-3 months ago over their head. That's all in the past.

And, he makes a damn good map.

Two sides to every story, people!
Holy shit, this asshole has zero remorse. There are plenty of good people who can make good maps, fuck him.

His personality and personal beliefs doesn't seem like a good fit for the company (or any company, pretty much).

Transphobic, anti-choice, consistent shit-poster, etc. There's some decent reasons why he shouldn't get a job he really wants.

Gestault

"Listen, I'm just openly discussing and advocating for policies that declare a fundemental inferiority of some types of people. I'm just saying their choice to be gay or trans are a mental illness. I'm not degrading anyone specific, just all those kinds of inferior people. Don' be such a cuck, I'm great at making maps. Plz hire me to your studio."

kliklik

Banned
Some witch hunts are justified when we can actually make a difference in purging the type of bigotry that's really reared it's ugly head in gaming recently.

Any means to out this guy so no gaming company would want to hire him would be the morally right thing to do.

It's one thing to expose and discuss someone's behaviour and problematic views when they make themselves a public figure. Absolutely.

It's another thing to actively try to interfere with their personal life and get them fired. I don't care how terrible the person is. This just makes me uncomfortable to the max.

Mock, expose, criticise, but let's not start crusading.

Cranster

Banned
It's one thing to expose and discuss someone's behaviour and problematic views when they make themselves a public figure. Absolutely.

It's another thing to actively try to interfere with their personal life and get them fired. I don't care how terrible the person is. This just makes me uncomfortable to the max.

But interfering with the livlihood of hundreds of people by inderectly or directly trying to start up a faux scandal to damage a brand is okay?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's about ethics in halo map creation.

FiveSide

Banned
Wow. Just popped back into the thread and saw the additional information about Multi.

I'll take a page from 343i and also rescind my earlier thoughts that he made an ill-advised shitpost and unfortunately had to suffer the consequences. There is no way in hell he should've been hired by 343i given his posting history.

Kind of amazed that pattern of behavior wasn't discovered by 343i in a basic background check, especially considering they must've known exactly what handle he used and what forums he frequented.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Are we even sure that 343 rescinded their job offer over the "343 should all lose their jobs" post? He's the only one saying that, isn't he?

It seems far more likely it was over the bigotry and transphobia he's consistently posted about...

IHaveIce

Banned

KaoG1Kc.png

mRc3mbi.png

Man Fyre.

The guy said he understood he fucked up and realized he messed up and holds no grudge against 343 or MS.

You and the reddit folks are the only ones pushing this further and further. We got it, he is an shithead.

Crosseyes

Banned

Sometimes doing good is an uncomfortable affair that causes conflict.

Of the peaceful means of fighting back against bigotry in our own community, interfering and harming their personal life though exposure is a very effective method.

We need people like this to not feel comfortable in gaming at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom