• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 - 60fps Roll Call

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
No since there are plenty of JP developed titles w/ frame rate issues. On average though, I think JP developers 'get it' where as US devs just don't.

For the record, something that's visually amitious like G(ears)oW, I won't mind having a 30fps refresh. But games that aren't doing much visually shouldn't make that compromise.

jarrod

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
For the record, something that's visually amitious like G(ears)oW, I won't mind having a 30fps refresh. But games that aren't doing much visually shouldn't make that compromise.
Sure, I generally agree, though it varies by genre. I don't mind adventure games or RPGs at 30 fps... but fighters, puzzlers or racers demand 60 fps imo.

Beowolf

Banned
I tell you what, I rather play a game that had 60fps, smooth, no tearing and decent graphics than to play a 30fps with great graphics.

Hell I still play GT4 WAY more than project gothem, the main reason is 60fps. Gothem3 has nice graphics, but I dont get that sense of speed that I get with GT4.

people who support 30fps are just doing damage control. 60 > 30fps. End of fuckin discussion.

ghibli99

sp0rsk said:
play forza and GT4 back to back, youll see the difference.
Yeah, I was at my friend's house this weekend and we were checking out some older Xbox stuff on his HDTV. We played Out Run 2 for about an hour. We had a blast. While that game has some frame stutters here and there, it's pretty much a rock-solid 60 fps, and looks fantastic.

Afterwards, we loaded up Forza (30 fps). Holy hell, did it look like garbage. We put in RalliSport Challenge 2, and all was right with the world. :)

mashoutposse

Ante Up
DaCocoBrova said:

Exactly. The problem is that a lot of these early titles are not demonstrating much onscreen worthy of a framerate downgrade.

DaCocoBrova

There are some gems though. Enough for me to keep the system for the inevitable OMG experience. Ironically, the 60fps games on offer look the best IMO.

What'supw/that?!

Most launch titles are rushed, so framerate isn't indicative of the console's power. I just want developers to include the option to run at either. I won't mind a (minor) drop in detail for the increase in fluidity. If not, then delay games until they're done (read: 60fps).

In this thread, I've proven that 60fps can't be discussed withough 30fps lovers fucking it all up.

DaCocoBrova

PDZ (just rented it) multiplayer has a pathetic frame rate. Hurt my aiming.

zedge

wow.. framerate = good game now?

Pgr3 is 30 and its georgous. Sense of speed is awesome, its fast and smooth.

I don't get it... shrug

Top Bottom