• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A few comments from Nomura on FFVII:R

LeonSPBR

He trolled us good!
jDnXPBB.jpg

Ohh and it will certainly boost console sales. Hopefully a lot in japan

He's truly the Ultima Troll.

Goddman, Shinji, you magnificent trolling bastard!

And then they tried to do it again with that World of Final Fantasy trailer to lulled everybodies expectations before the BOOM!

Reading GAF's reaction during the Sony press conference go from "WTF?" of World Final Fantasy to "OMFG" of FF7Remake is hilarious.

Damn, they got us good. That's hell of a long con.

Wakka212

Sony is helping funding this.

So is this similar to a No Man's Sky where it debuts on PS4, then eventually gets to PC with maybe Xbox One way down the road?

I would imagine if Sony is helping fund this that it would stay on PS4 exclusively for quite a while.

Mupod

Man, this is either gonna take forever, or be missing a lot of things. Probably both. I'm still hyped regardless.

I mean no matter how much gets cut or reimagined they have to at least have a world map. And FF7's is awesome. Think about what it'll be like to stumble across Emerald Weapon underwater with modern visuals, stuff like that.

LowParry

It really feels like we're returning in some small form back to the PS2 era. Crazy times we live in. I still can't believe you had to hold this information for a year without telling anyone. Eeesh. Did you get to see that trailer before it was publicly shown or was it all a big surprise for you too?

Goddman, Shinji, you magnificent trolling bastard!

And then they tried to do it again with that World of Final Fantasy trailer to lulled everybodies expectations before the BOOM!

Reading GAF's reaction during the Sony press conference go from "WTF?" of World Final Fantasy to "OMFG" of FF7Remake is hilarious.

Damn, they got us good. That's hell of a long con.

Then did it again in the SE event w/ KH3: promised, then re showed ff7r trailer again instead, then mobile hearts, then Disney dudes, THEN KH3 footage. Guy is unstoppable.

So is this similar to a No Man's Sky where it debuts on PS4, then eventually gets to PC with maybe Xbox One way down the road?

I would imagine if Sony is helping fund this that it would stay on PS4 exclusively for quite a while.

If Sony invests money into the game, why would they allow it to be released on the competitions console? The only reason the PC version is released is because Sony doesn't see PC as a direct competitor, and I'm sure Square won't be happy with only PS4 sales, so PC is another avenue for money, that Sony is comfortable with.

~Kinggi~

Banned
lol he trolled people yet again by showing mobile KH before moving on to KH3.

Dude is a real legend and I think people love him now.lol

I noticed that troll as well with the KH mobile game, especially after the guy in the crowd freaking out.

Funny how people suddenly like you when you deliver the goods.

Wazzy

Banned
Well that's definitely a bit mroe reassuring to hear.

I wonder how long until we start seeing some character designs and battle information.

bonkeng

A lot of people. Every month FF7 on the PSone is still on the best selling PSone/PS2 classics, and that's with the knowledge that the PS4 port was coming along. People just want FF7 and they'll keep buying it no matter if it's on the PS3 or PS4.

Exactly. I myself bought the game twice on ps1, because I lost disc 3 after a few years.

Also bought PC version, then on PSP.

I plan to buy PC port on ps4 when it comes out, then the Remake.

This game is one of my all time favourite and I keep playing this every year even though I can't finish the game almost all the time.

Elfstruck

Think of it like SFV. You will get it on PC but probably not on xbox.

- Game was already underway before the PS4 PC port was announced

What I suspected in the other thread. It was really the main reason that the remake rumors from a couple days ago seemed credible. Them teasing fans in the most personal way possible then not apologizing or saying a word about it since.

The talk about announcing this to boost console sales doesn't quite sit right with me. I mean, it shouldn't be surprising. It's why first parties make games. And it's all a business. I just hope this isn't being done because they feel like they have to. I want them to do it because they truly want to.

Windforce

Does it really make sense to help fund a game then see it come to rival platforms? (X1, maybe NX)...

Unless, "First on PS4" means PS4 before PC and no other console version. Then, they could've said "console exclusive on PS4". Why wouldn't Sony brag like this?

I'm genuinely confused.

I don't know if Sony is part funding this but my educated guess going by the language used at the conference and end of the trailer is that this is a timed exclusive for PS4.

So maybe a late 2017 launch on PS4 and then mid to late 2018 launch on PC. I doubt it'll come to Xbox if Sony's co-funding and if not I'd assume Square are waiting to see how FFXV sells on XB1 before committing to a FFVII port.

Nerokis

It really feels like we're returning in some small form back to the PS2 era. Crazy times we live in. I still can't believe you had to hold this information for a year without telling anyone. Eeesh. Did you get to see that trailer before it was publicly shown or was it all a big surprise for you too?

She knew about this that long? Why all the Nomura angst, then? Lol. FFVII:R seems more like a promotion than a consolation prize.

I think if it were on lockdown, that would have been made super explicit. Too big an announcement to water that part down. But oh well, we shall see.

Yeah, I hope this logic holds. Doubt I'll ever pick up a X1, but I'd like my friends who went with it to have easy access to this game, as well.

Pretty stupid to fund projects if they aren't going to be exclusive lol

Why? If they don't view PC as a competitor then there's no reason for them to hold back on releasing things for it. It's free money, especially when doing a port isn't some massive undertaking because of how close PS4 already is to a PC.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

From what I understand they have it on lockdown perhaps into the next generation.

Zukuu

Banned
Does it really make sense to help fund a game then see it come to rival platforms? (X1, maybe NX)...

Unless, "First on PS4" means PS4 before PC and no other console version. Then, they could've said "console exclusive on PS4". Why wouldn't Sony brag like this?

I'm genuinely confused.
Maybe Square wants to see how well it sells and have the possibility open to release it on Xbone later as well, even though, for now, there are no plans for it. It'll definitely come to PC if we take Squares current PC affiliation as an indicator.

jiggles

Banned
Everyone focuses on the crossdressing or bathhouse scenes as if they're the most unimaginable things in the world.

I want to see how they dress Red XIII up as a soldier.

SOLDIER

Kagari, any word if they're going to go for a T or M rating?

The more I think the more likely it'll go M. The Sector 7 sequence alone might be really hard to pull off with modern visuals and keep a Teen rating.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kagari, any word if they're going to go for a T or M rating?

The more I think the more likely it'll go M. The Sector 7 sequence alone might be really hard to pull off with modern visuals and keep a Teen rating.

They'll aim for T to appeal to Japan.

Wakka212

If Sony invests money into the game, why would they allow it to be released on the competitions console? The only reason the PC version is released is because Sony doesn't see PC as a direct competitor, and I'm sure Square won't be happy with only PS4 sales, so PC is another avenue for money, that Sony is comfortable with.

Right, makes sense. I just imagined they would tout the console exclusivity and be more specific about that.

From what I understand they have it on lockdown perhaps into the next generation.

That's such a fantastic get. The next few E3s are guaranteed to be excellent for Sony if they provide even a small update through footage of this title.

Reset

Why? If they don't view PC as a competitor then there's no reason for them to hold back on releasing things for it. It's free money, especially when doing a port isn't some massive undertaking because of how close PS4 already is to a PC.

Announcing the PC release before the game is even released is just going to hurt PS4's and FFVII:remake PS4 version sales.
If they wanted to release it on the PC, they shouldn't have had "first on PS4" and announce the PC port a few months after the PS4 version is released. Pretty stupid imo if Sony actually funded for it

Wow. So it could be years before it hits anywhere else, PC included? That's crazy, the 'play it first on PS4' really didn't communicate things very well. Although I guess looking at it in black and white, it kind of did.

anaron

Everyone focuses on the crossdressing or bathhouse scenes as if they're the most unimaginable things in the world.

I want to see how they dress Red XIII up as a soldier.
I think it's more to do with the visual gags that were handled in VII's super deformed style and how a lot of that won't translate to the one they're going with now.

jiggle

I think it's more to do with the visual gags that were handled in VII's super deformed style and how a lot of that won't translate to the one they're going with now.
Of all the contents in the game
Some ppl just seemed completely fixated on something so trivial though

I can't wait to play the Rocket Town segments with modern day visuals, and the Gold Saucer - that was always such a magical place. Imagine approaching that at full scale on the world map with the monorails overhead…

Even a Holiday 2017 release (which I'd assume is optimistic) feels like an eternity away right now.

Top Bottom