• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A few comments from Nomura on FFVII:R

Seems strange not to tout it as a console exclusive if it is. Didn't they come out and say that right off the bat for Street fighter V?

SOLDIER

They'll aim for T to appeal to Japan.

Could probably still work, but it might be tough.

It seems pretty obvious they're going to modernize the character designs. Any idea how they'll handle Tifa?

I'm hoping they'll take inspiration from AC and Reboot Lara Croft and go for a sexy but balanced design.

I'm really hoping they don't go Cindy and decide "let's pander more, triple the doujins".

CHC

Game was already underway before the PS4 PC port was announced

481409iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

He knew.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Sony is helping funding this.

Why is nobody reporting this? Would be huge for Sony if true. I have a ps4 and a PC so it doesn't really affect me but seems like a very strange thing to omit. They were pretty clear in their wording of "Play it first on ps4" instead of "console exclusive".

How big are Sony considering this game to potentially be? Are they looking at it as an Uncharted level exclusive? Bigger? Smaller?

Base on reaction i saw on YT yesterday, most of fans were kids back then, they were very happy to see this so if nostalgia is strong, FFVII will be bigger (in term of sale) than Uncharted

Would not be an understatement to say this is a system-seller for some.

Yup, I really hope they are indeed considering it as such, we all know it's that big even if they know what they're contributing to will eventually come to PC down the line sometime after PS4. It's great to see them come full circle back around to the variety of games they had interest in, including being back involved in FF7 on some level.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Why is nobody reporting this? Would be huge for Sony if true. I have a ps4 and a PC so it doesn't really affect me but seems like a very strange thing to omit. They were pretty clear in their wording of "Play it first on ps4" instead of "console exclusive".

Because no journalist has gotten an official quote from SE? lol I'm trying to get in to see Nomura, we'll see.

How the new, slightly darker aesthetic sits with some of the crazier elements of the original game remains to be seen, but it seems there'll be intact. Can't wait to see the delicious sight of Cloud in a dress in glorious HD? "Please look forward to it," said Nomura as the interview came to a close.

lol, fuck yes.

SOLDIER

I bet they're going to save every character reveal for a conference or event.

They will spend 20 minutes talking about how detailed Aerith's hair is and how they applied the lighting to her eyes.

And it's going to work every single time. The fans will lap it up eagerly.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well there it is.

And we'll still have 2-3 more years of "But are we SURE it's exclusive?"

Sony is throwing a lot of money around Japan. Look at Nier 2, Star Ocean 5, Street Fighter 5, Shenmue 3, World of FF, etc etc. They want Japan to stay relevant on consoles.

Sony is throwing a lot of money around Japan. Look at Nier 2, Star Ocean 5, Street Fighter 5, Shenmue 3, World of FF, etc etc. They want Japan to stay relevant on consoles.

Smart move for sure. They definitely know the Japanese audience, and I don't blame them for being slow to hop on the PS4 bandwagon.

That PS4 launch lineup over there was pathetic considering the audience

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Smart move for sure. They definitely know the Japanese audience, and I don't blame them for being slow to hop on the PS4 bandwagon.

That PS4 launch lineup over there was pathetic considering the audience

Yes, it's going to keep happening too so people should get used to it because otherwise these games would not be happening.

Apathy

His trolling is next level shit, cause he did it today during the SE conference too. His children must hate him on their birthdays and christmas.

Zophar

I quite like this. PS3/360 generation felt like Japan barely showed up, or was too busy wooing western markets. Lost sight of their own charms.

The PS4 is becoming a glorious console for Japanese games, especially JRPGs.

Sony really has to be commended for their efforts here.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm glad Nojima is still doing the scenaro and script. There's a tendency to take interpretations into your own hands if its not your original work and make it something different. Nojima had a plan all those years ago, and now today he's going to enhance it with 20 years of experience and foresight, while still bringing his original vision to it

Or get a PS4 if you don't want to wait?

I've never understood why people limit themselves to one console.

The idea of shelling out hundreds of dollars just because one is impatient is mind-boggling to me. If there's enough people in that mindset, no wonder F2P games are so successful.

Bio

Thank god, I've really been lamenting the seeming dying of Japanese console games.

I saw Hashimoto on the show floor today. I was going to say something to him but he was busy <_<;

Playing pranks, trolling people, thinking of other ways to toy with out emotions. Yup, real busy.

The idea of shelling out hundreds of dollars just because one is impatient is mind-boggling to me. If there's enough people in that mindset, no wonder F2P games are so successful.

It's not just for immediacy, having multiple consoles means you have access to all the games. Exclusives and so on.

As for F2P, yeah that's probably because of impatience...

Top Bottom