• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akiba’s Trip 2 announced for PlayStation 3, PS Vita Due Out November 7th

1377775826-4.jpg

Akiba’s Trip 2 is in development for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, Acquire announced in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. The game will launch in Japan on November 7 for 7,239 yen on PlayStation 3 and 6,549 yen on PS Vita.

An Akihabara-set sequel to Acquire’s 2011-released PSP game, its latest depiction of Tokyo’s Electronic Town promises to be a more realistic one. Compared to the previous game, more than two times the amount of real-name stores will appear. The hero will have a partner, and the story will change depending on who your partner is.

Kageyashi, the vampire-like beings from the first game, are not the main threat in Akiba’s Trip 2. Instead it is the mysterious organization called Magaimono, who are attacking people in Akihabara. But like the Kageyashi, Magaimono are sensitive to sunlight. Using techniques like “Unison Strip,” you and your partner will cooperate to take your enemy’s clothes off and bask them in sunlight, turning them to dust.

Real-name stores set to appear include Edion, Laox, Onoden, Radio Kaikan, Sega GiGO, Lammtarra, Yodobashi Camera, Volks, Akibaoo, and Sofmap.

The main character, who’s name is simply “Protagonist,” is an ordinary high school student who was leading a normal otaku life. He is fond of Akihabara. Caught by a mysterious organization, he is transformed into a Magaimono.

Confirmed partner characters include:

Sumiko Sagisaka (鷺坂登子) – voiced by Chiwa Saito – A childhood friend of the protagonist with a side-ponytail and wears short sportswear leggings. She is not particularly an otaku like the protagonist, but she is a member of the Akihabara neighborhood watch and knows the area well.
Shizuku Tokikaze (刻風雫) – voiced by Sachika Misawa – A purple-haired girl with braided cords. A mysterious power supposedly dwells within her, though what kind of power is unknown. She saves the hero after he is captured by a mysterious organization.
Souga Hidzuki (輝月宗牙) – voiced by Ryota Takeuchi – A middle-aged man with a goatee who stands as the enemy.
Pre-order bonuses include:

“Dokidoki Tokyo Onsen Monogatari” Drama CD
Special Booklet feat. Illustrations from Poyoyon Rock
“Special Clothing” DLC (Moe costume for the heroine)
Development is currently 85 percent complete.

Source

First PV

Famitsu article

UNISON STRIP!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Those preorder bonuses lol.

Vita version makes sense since its the place to be for perverted otaku games. No idea if this game actually falls into this category but at least the preorder stuff makes me think it does.

There’s an undressing move called “Unison Strip,” where you cooperate with your partner to take your clothes off.

DAY ONE
Although I guess I should ask how the first one was.

Seishin

Wow.

I never expected to see this getting a sequel.

This was the game where the main character went around Akihabara while ripping people's clothes off to see if they were vampires or something, right?

How did that even sell?

cj_iwakura

Wow.

I never expected to see this getting a sequel.

This was the game where the main character went around Akihabara while ripping people's clothes off to see if they were vampires or something, right?

How did that even sell?

It did pretty dang well if memory served. And no localization.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
An Akihabara-set sequel to Acquire’s 2011-released PSP game, its latest depiction of Tokyo’s Electronic Town promises to be a more realistic one.

I didn't realize that this was the sort of game that lived or died on the basis of its verisimilitude.

fek

When I saw the announcement of Dungeon Travelers for the Vita earlier today, I thought about other psp games I would like to see on the Vita and Akiba's Trip was the first one to come to mind, seriously.

RoyalFool

Banned
Surprised this got a sequel, not because of how niche it is - but because the first game was pretty bad, the concept was interesting but it ran out of ideas way too quickly and ended up being very repetitive.

you would use a special camera to (try to) detect which NPCs were actually vampires then rip their clothes off in combat so the sun would burn them to death. Had some interesting mob dynamics where you could trigger off some big fights - normally by pulling a girls clothes off then finding out she wasn't actually a vampire. It had some limited RPG style itemization (clothes, better cameras etc) and you could upgrade your de-clothing move-set. But that was basically it. I think the biggest charm (other than being able to see underwear using your magical perv-cam) was that it was set in a real world location, but given the PSP's limited graphical prowess it wasn't that impressive.

the only english review I could find for the original

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Loved the PSP one cant wait for this!

Laughed my ass off at seeing the metal otakus who give you insane amounts of exp.

It's a game where you strip clothing off of "vampires" (who are young girls/boys).

That it was and it was glorious. Though it was all ok since they burned to ash after being stripped.

Pleasedontcallthecops.

Lain

I kept hoping against hope that the first game would receive a localization.
I wonder if this sequel being on PS3 means it will have more chances to get one.

It looks a lot better than the original but I liked the character design of the original better.

I quite enjoyed the original. Come at me haters. If you like the way of the samurai games you can probably enjoy this game (although it's bit more linear but the story is also a bit more developed).

If you get the first one, make sure you get the rerelease plus version by the way. Has a lot more stuff and they fixed complaints with the original version. Also has full voice (anything plot related is voiced) which will help with understanding for those whose listening is better than their reading.

I was quite happy this game was announced. Hadn't heard anything from acquire for a while and was getting a bit worried. Looks like they haven't gone straight to cell phone yet (although akiba's trip was also released on cell phones).

tensuke

Wait, so you just go around Japan ripping people's clothes off?

I mean...I-I guess I'd p-play it...

Preordered the ps3 version. Hopefully that's the version without the problems. Hope they won't release a plus version again down the line because I will have to buy it.

Top Bottom