• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys Games links Twitter with more Zero Time Dilemma artwork, teases new information

redhood56

Banned
I think we could get anything from Christmas Day( as previously mentioned) to New Years as
that's when vlr happens

Hylian7

I think we could get anything from Christmas Day( as previously mentioned) to New Years as
that's when vlr happens

December 25th (VLR spoiler):
Is the day the Mars Mission Test Site begins, which would make the most sense as that's what this game covers. New Year's Eve was when Radical-6 escaped.

redhood56

Banned
December 25th (VLR spoiler):
Is the day the Mars Mission Test Site begins, which would make the most sense as that's what this game covers. New Year's Eve was when Radical-6 escaped.
True but I think if we don't get anything Christmas New Year's Eve seems likely too.

khaaan

After being caught masturbating, 'zero time' is the fraction of a second during which a person may simultaniously wipe themselves off, pull up and fasten their pants, reach for the TV remote and change the channel. Usually they end up holding their dick staring at their mother (who pretends not to notice, natch) whilst some hiseously graphics 'erotic' video plays at full volume in the background. As time always seems to just stop at the moment said parent's eyes meet aforementioned masturbator's, this period of time can also be 'zero time'.

-Urban Dictionary

I've figured it out guys.

Edit: You come across lots of fun things when looking this stuff.

Epidemiology: The time at which a particular condition being studied–eg, AIDS-is first identified or diagnosed Types Delayed ZT–the condition is diagnosed by others and referred to a center where a study is being performed, and prompt ZT–if the diagnosis is established for the first time

Edit: Edit:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1412032938/?tag=neogaf0e-20

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO?

Hylian7

True but I think if we don't get anything Christmas New Year's Eve seems likely too.

Yeah, definitely. I think Christmas makes more sense at this point though. They could gain tons of good press by releasing the big thing on Christmas. Since it will probably go out on social media/YouTube, they just have to set it up to automatically release that day.

participant91.jpg

Awesome art.

Can't freaking wait. I beat 999 two years ago but I need to buckle down and play VLR: Extreme Escape Adventure.

I mean I don't have a problem with it, but it's kind of generic compared to the other games.

Ah well, still hyped. Hopefully it won't be as end-heavy as every single other Uchikoshi game and actually have good pacing.

Eblo

Worth noting that this art shows Sigma posing like
old fart Sigma in the director's office:

latest

Hopefully the rule will be unmarked VLR/999 spoilers. Heck, I wonder if it should be by default.

I'd like that, but there will still be people saying stupid shit like "You can play VLR before 999" or "You don't have to play the other games before ZTD" so newcomers will waltz in and miss out on experiencing the games firsthand.

Hylian7

Hopefully the rule will be unmarked VLR/999 spoilers. Heck, I wonder if it should be by default.

I don't really think that's a good idea. Just like with VLR, tons of people will be getting into the series through all the news threads for this game, and probably go pick up 999 and VLR as a result. For many it will be "Okay, this looks cool, should I get 999 and VLR first?" and the answer of course is a yes.

also

Banned
It would have been nice if they could have secured Nishimura one more time for consistency's sake, but the less exaggerated style that the new artist (do we have a name yet?) has seems to be a good fit for the tone they're going for.
He looks like someone that just came from a football match and not someone who's involved in a crazy murder mystery horror story that makes you question your own morals. His design is just too plain.

Nachos

I'd like that, but there will still be people saying stupid shit like "You can play VLR before 999" or "You don't have to play the other games before ZTD" so newcomers will waltz in and miss out on experiencing the games firsthand.
There's also the matter of the title not mentioning that this is Zero Escape Vol. 3, so I could see some people coming into the thread, not knowing that this is the third entry in a story-intensive series.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So hyped for this. I think I'll re-play different versions of the first 2 games to get me up to speed on the plot. (iOS 999 and Vita VLR.)

redhood56

Banned
Zooming into the picture I see an 18 on one of the arms and on the red logo on his shirt it looks like it says XYIII. I'm not to sure about the logo though, it gets blurry.

Hylian7

The image and spoiler text below are both 999 and VLR spoilers.

I found this on /v/ and thought it was interesting, even though there are some huge discrepancies in it.

Even with the obvious discrepancy of the fact that Brother would have to be alive and older at the time 999 happens, it's still very interesting regardless. I think this might be somewhat close.

BkBpPEZ.png

Tizoc

Upon looking at that promo image again, I was wrong. That's gotta be
Sigma
. Still wondering why they're only calling him Participant 9, though.

Oh! Unless they're trying to avoid spoiling people who haven't played VLR... Maybe? Did they ever try to hide that Clover was Clover? I think I remember people not being sure if the pink-haired girl from the trailer was actually her.
Isnt sigma the 9th letter in greek alphabet?

The image and spoiler text below are both 999 and VLR spoilers.

I found this on /v/ and thought it was interesting, even though there are some huge discrepancies in it.

Even with the obvious discrepancy of the fact that Brother would have to be alive and older at the time 999 happens, it's still very interesting regardless. I think this might be somewhat close.

BkBpPEZ.png

**brain explodes**

pbayne

I wonder if his name corresponds to his bracelet number and the nonary game will be similar to the first?

Didn't they say 9 was the best number to have in the first game?

Ehh.
Sigma
looks just fine. I've been a fan of the new art so far even if I did love the old stuff.

He's still recognizable and he's still hot. Everything else is up to the artist, heheh.

Top Bottom