• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce is hosting the 2024 GDC Awards

they look like OF pics
When / if she leaves SSM. I’d put money on her making 4-5x her salary if she done even a bikini shot only OF account at $20/month.

She doesn’t need to though between twitch, yt and mainly patreon (which is essentially OF for nerds when it comes to supporting hot people).

mansoor1980

Gold Member
alanahs-recent-stream-v0-utr6s8oeqcjc1.jpeg

Kacho

When / if she leaves SSM. I’d put money on her making 4-5x her salary if she done even a bikini shot only OF account at $20/month.

She doesn’t need to though between twitch, yt and mainly patreon (which is essentially OF for nerds when it comes to supporting hot people).
Some WWE diva did that recently. She left the company to milk dorks with an OF account and made bank.

Some WWE diva did that recently. She left the company to milk dorks with an OF account and made bank.
Yep. Although I bet she already makes in the multiple six figures per year between patreon, YouTube, twitch and freelance gaming work nevermind the SSM role so it would be a last resort.

She certainly plays the game well. Credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
This entire thread is just insecurity.

Its hilarious that on the one hand GAF complains about the decline in "attractive" women video game characters from Western Developers. But then when there is an attractive woman working in the industry, "She got her jobs because of her looks".
Give me a fucking break.

Exactly. Why has this thread even continued to 10 pages, and still appearing near the top of the Gaming section ?

GAFfers, leave the woman alone. If you're being called an incel, show that you're better, and just move on to discussing other things. Whatever you say here will not make a difference, to either her life, or yours.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Why has this thread even continued to 10 pages, and still appearing near the top of the Gaming section ?
That's partly my fault.
I stumbled on this thread and remembered my Patreon stuff from about 2 years ago.

Still, if you put yourself out there for the community yet refuse to communicate with them while they fill your pockets with money you're just a hypocrite.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
That's partly my fault.
I stumbled on this thread and remembered my Patreon stuff from about 2 years ago.

Still, if you put yourself out there for the community yet refuse to communicate with them while they fill your pockets with money you're just a hypocrite.

Aah, fair enough. I subscribe to the Patreon of just one Youtuber (PatologTV. In my opinion, by faaaaaaaaaaar the best, most cinematic, most well-prepared game playthroughs on Youtube). But i have never actually tried DMing the guy. Not sure if they are expected to respond to personal messages. But he is quite active and responds to messages put in his discord server or on a Patreon thread.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
I will check this guy out thank you!
Definitely do check him out. I mean, the man is superhuman in his ability to create excellent playthroughs. His mouse movement is so smooth, you would swear he is playing on a controller. Not to mention uncanny aim. And no commentary nonsense.

FYI I've had quick responses and great DMs with the Critical Drinker, the Act Man & Jake Baldino when I was on Patreon.

Those dudes care 🤠
Which is surprising given the amount of fan following they have. I am low key excited for the drinker's new short film about Ryan Drake.

Last edited:
Being chosen to host things like these begs the question whether she was hired by SMS to actually write or just to be a "face". Of course the industry wants presentable people to host these things, and she certainly qualifies, but I do think taking jobs like these actually undermines her credibility of being an actual "game dev". I'm not saying hosting an event does that, it's the combination of her media background, her looks, and lack of actual dev credits that makes me feel like she just doesn't quite represent what I'd call developers beyond having a title of one. It seems like she's there's to be a presenter. Could she be both? Sure. But when we only see the results of one it's hard to think she's anything else. Maybe once she can present her actual substantial and competent writing work in a game I'll think different.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Yes, she is still a developer. Without quotation marks. It's something compatible with being hot.
She does narrative stuff - that's not a game dev imo. But there isn't anything wrong with that, just like someone who does a music score isn't a developer.

Just like someone managing front end content is not a Web developer. Just like GRRM didn't 'develop' Elden Ring.

cormack12

Gold Member
Does she? So far, she's been credited as an accessibility consultant on Ragnarok.
I can try find the article but I think she was heavily involved in the lore/bestiary stuff - but then based on the tweet below she might only be writing for the new IP

God-of-War-Ragnarok_20221018085943-scaled.jpg

But tbf, she is actually qualified - while it may be a networking hire, she at least paid her dues writing for IGN etc. first and has a cert.

Hudo

I can try find the article but I think she was heavily involved in the lore/bestiary stuff - but then based on the tweet below she might only be writing for the new IP

God-of-War-Ragnarok_20221018085943-scaled.jpg

But tbf, she is actually qualified - while it may be a networking hire, she at least paid her dues writing for IGN etc. first and has a cert.

That's fair.

yurinka

She does narrative stuff - that's not a game dev imo. But there isn't anything wrong with that, just like someone who does a music score isn't a developer.

Just like someone managing front end content is not a Web developer. Just like GRRM didn't 'develop' Elden Ring.
At least in the industry, writers, designers, producers, artists, testers, musicians, audio designers, porters, etc. who work in a game are gamedevs. Not only programmers are devs.

In game companies have basically two separate teams working on a game: the gamedev team and the marketing team. In both cases -specially in the big ones- they have external support teams for each brand.

Even in case of CMs, particularly for GaaS where the input from fans regarding collecting feedback, issue reports and suggestions to keep improving the game in upcoming updates with fixes, tweaks, changes, rebalancing and additions, they are also included in the gamedev team.

At least in the companies I worked or have friends worked.

Last edited:
Someone find that post I made where she was doing that rockstar drink commercial and looked like she wanted to kill herself. That was hilarious.

Is Alanah Pearce one of those woke-ish gamergate kinds of game industry people?

Or does she love dolling it up not giving a shit? Just wondering as her pics are nice and slutty there. So I'm guessing she loves it.
She's an ex games journalist, used to work for ign. She's Australian working in California.

Aenima

Is Alanah Pearce one of those woke-ish gamergate kinds of game industry people?

Or does she love dolling it up not giving a shit? Just wondering as her pics are nice and slutty there. So I'm guessing she loves it.
No, she likes sexy characters in games. Men or woman. She also used to do cosplay.

Top Bottom