• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce is hosting the 2024 GDC Awards

darrylgorn

Another fantasy... And all the negative shit that is flowing here just elevates her more and more, which leads to more hate. Nice feedback loop. I'd like to hear the coping strategies overly exposed/criticised people have.
Chill Relax GIF

All I said is that she's probably reading the thread. I find that humourous.

Last edited:
Her body is looking straight fire! 🔥

GG Alanaah, she been putting some work in!
If by work you mean paying a surgeon for a boob job then yes she certainly has.

She’s a stunner no doubt. I just find her annoying and the embodiment of people who claim to want to help with one hand then rinse the fuck out of fans with YouTube, twitch, patreon, twitter / ig, sponsorships with the other hand.

If lgbt, disabled people and other races have it that hard in the games industry then share some of your $1,000,000 a year you earn from AAA companies with them. As usual they stop being so self righteous when asked to actually put their hand in their pocket or even to miss out on paydays.

I do know she does charity streams which is good but they’re a fraction of what she earns (and most of the money donated is again from her fans not her) and that’s cool but she drones on like a fucking era poster most of the time so put up or shut up is my take on those sorts of people.

She also massively jumped the queue when it comes to her job because she is long term pals with Cory. Funny how that works eh.

Last edited:
Guaranteed she's reading this thread.
Of course she is because like the rest of the “influencers” she’s self obsessed. She might even make “content” out of this thread then it will turn into she is being bullied by big bad neogaf posters then it will be she’s had “death threats” on twitter with no receipts then it will be she’s “taking a break for her mental health” then it will be “I’m back” a week later with “I won’t let the haters win also here’s another tier of my patreon even though I already earn $20k a month from it but hey ain’t capitalism evil kids!!!”

They monetise extremely gullible people and are also as predictable as the sun rising in the morning lol.

WitchHunter

Banned
Chill Relax GIF

All I said is that she's probably reading the thread. I find that humourous.
If you check the video someone linked, she seems like a personality that needs the attention, but at the same time hurt by all the negative shit thrown at her. She also needs a father figure, because the way she reacts (like: "I'll wear whatever the fuck I want") insinuates she wasn't disciplined as a child or there were some family related issues. That's all I've deducted from 1-2 minutes (which can be total bs). Use your head when bashing someone.

If you need some meds my pedigree chum Darryl, I'm here for you. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Is she still a “game developer” at Sony Santa Monica? Barlog the simp probably gave her a raise after the layoffs.
Writing job at one of the very top AAA studios despite having very very little experience in said field or industry. She must have had some good shit on him from his previous “frat boy” days…

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Another fantasy... And all the negative shit that is flowing here just elevates her more and more, which leads to more hate. Nice feedback loop. I'd like to hear the coping strategies overly exposed/criticised people have.

Speaking as someone who was tumblr friends with her back in the day shes def reading this thread lol

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

She actually talks about some of the subject matter that some of you Andrew Tate loving fuckwits seem to struggle with.

She quite literally talks about the fact that the second she dresses in anything feminine, people start saying she's a slut, and criticising her... And that's exactly what's gone on in this thread.

She's stuck in an industry that's full of incels working in it... and also full of incels working in it who couldn't cope with being incels, and instead put on a dress and a wig and try to be her.

Fuck a duck, being a woman in video games sounds like a nightmare.

EDIT: also, fair fucking play to her for dragging the shit bag publishers and Geoff Keighley in her opening monologue.

Last edited:

FireFly

Writing job at one of the very top AAA studios despite having very very little experience in said field or industry. She must have had some good shit on him from his previous “frat boy” days…
This has happened with several "high profile" game journalists such as Greg Kasavin, Shawn Elliott, Luke Smith, Nick Breckon, Anthony Burch. Shawn Elliott went from reviewing games at EGM to being a level designer on BioShock Infinite, to becoming the co-lead designer on the latest BioShock.

Saber

Gold Member
She quite literally talks about the fact that the second she dresses in anything feminine, people start saying she's a slut, and criticising her... And that's exactly what's gone on in this thread.

She's stuck in an industry that's full of incels... and also full of incels who couldn't cope with being incels, and instead put on a dress.

If you have being in a place full of woman, you can bet your ass that they are way worse than men calling out other woman, specially if that women has a tendency of showing skin and her assets for eye candy. Really, they go all out.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I have witnessed this two times myself.

Women talking about other women are fucking brutal.

The ladies would have take over this stupid fucking planet a long time ago, if they didn't spend so much time trying to bring one another down. Honestly, I've never seen men do the same thing in all the work environments I've been in. But in any team that's been predominantly women, there's always been some sort of drama between them. And it's frankly usually the talented, skilled and physically attractive ones that get the worst shit.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I have witnessed this two times myself.

Women talking about other women are fucking brutal.

Me too. My previous work place had 12 women, and I really suggest other men to hear what they say about other women. Its almost cruel.
They also say some stories of how other women behaves in women restrooms, and its surreal. Like I aways though men generally trolls our own restroom, but from their experiences uneducated women misses the mark by a large margin.

MikeM

being a mildly attractive gamer girl with huge tits got her where she is but don't you dare tell it how it is or you are an incel nerd who gets no pussy also women are opressed obviously
Have you worked with her previously? Maybe she is actually good at her job? Being decent looking is always a plus regardless of sex.

TVexperto

She's stuck in an industry that's full of incels working in it... and also full of incels working in it who couldn't cope with being incels, and instead put on a dress and a wig and try to be her.

Fuck a duck, being a woman in video games sounds like a nightmare.

EDIT: also, fair fucking play to her for dragging the shit bag publishers and Geoff Keighley in her opening monologue.
I disagree with you, the issue is that she got a job at Santa Monica not because she has experience writing games or is good at it, literally because she got connections and is a woman

KellyNole

I disagree with you, the issue is that she got a job at Santa Monica not because she has experience writing games or is good at it, literally because she got connections and is a woman

Connections are how a lot of people get jobs. Also, so what if someone wants to hire her? It is not like she hasn‘t been involved in the industry and knows the ins and outs of it. I am unsure of her role, but she may be able to provide some insights and be somewhat of a consultant.

For example, Miyamoto got a job at Nintendo because of his dad. He also wasn’t a programmer or game designer at the time. He was an artist and had some great ideas and learned a lot on the job to become who we know today.

Hudo

Connections are how a lot of people get jobs. Also, so what if someone wants to hire her? It is not like she hasn‘t been involved in the industry and knows the ins and outs of it. I am unsure of her role, but she may be able to provide some insights and be somewhat of a consultant.

For example, Miyamoto got a job at Nintendo because of his dad. He also wasn’t a programmer or game designer at the time. He was an artist and had some great ideas and learned a lot on the job to become who we know today.
He also had a degree in industrial design, which is not a bad degree to have for designing arcade games. So it's not like he didn't know anything about design or human-machine-interaction.

KellyNole

He also had a degree in industrial design, which is not a bad degree to have for designing arcade games. So it's not like he didn't know anything about design or human-machine-interaction.

And Alanah got a degree in mass communications. After looking up her role at Santa Monica, she was brought on as a writer. Her degree most likely involved writing. Hemingway and Mark Twain both started out as journalist before becoming famous fictional writers. She started out as a journalist directly involved in the video game industry.

Last edited:
Connections are how most people get jobs, so the issue appears to be the fact that she's a woman...
Ryan Clements from Podcast Beyond/IGN fame works at Riot Games, and worked at PlayStation previously. Do you have a problem with that?

The hate for Alanah is stupid, and there are much worse people to complain about in the industry. Is she perfect? No, but I don't think she deserves the hate she gets from here. I used to be much more annoyed by her then I am now (which has mostly dissipated). Plus half of you are yanking it while you complain anyway.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Misogynistic bullshit, coming from what I can only assume is a little boy.

Because she has big tits, it means she can’t possibly have any skills or qualifications that would have landed her that job? It had to be down to the fact she’s a hot chick?

Fuck me.

What’s your degree in?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

"Writing" job. Word is she didn't even do that. They couldn't even get her to write flavor text on items, she just sat on Twitter all day. Complete PR hire from HR who didn't really do anything.

Hudo

And Alanah got a degree in mass communications. After looking up her role at Santa Monica, she was brought on as a writer. Her degree most likely involved writing. Hemingway and Mark Twain both started out as journalist before becoming famous fictional writers. She started out as a journalist directly involved in the video game industry.
And now what? I am not trying to argue against you or anything. And also: Alanah is credited in GoW as accessibility consultant. She's not credited as a writer.

I just wanted to add that Miyamoto had more than "his father's connections" (could you give me a source on that?). And Yokoi himself recognized Miyamoto's skill, which is why he was allowed to direct and design an arcade game on his own even though he was still a junior.

Last edited:

digdug2

Misogynistic bullshit, coming from what I can only assume is a little boy.

Because she has big tits, it means she can’t possibly have any skills or qualifications that would have landed her that job? It had to be down to the fact she’s a hot chick?

Fuck me.

What’s your degree in?
Quit trying to belittle TVexperto TVexperto just because they don't agree with you. You talk a big game about misogyny, yet here you are assuming someone else's age and gender while also trying to embarrass them based on their education level. Now, that's some bullshit.

KellyNole

And now what? I am not trying to argue against you or anything. And also: Alanah is credited in GoW as accessibility consultant. She's not credited as a writer.

I just wanted to add that Miyamoto had more than "his father's connections" (could you give me a source on that?). And Yokoi himself recognized Miyamoto's skill, which is why he was allowed to direct and design an arcade game on his own even though he was still a junior.

No arguing just discussions. Yes she was a consultant on GOW, but she was hired by SMS As a writer.

Miyamoto was initially rejected by Nintendo because they weren’t hiring designers.Through his dads connections he got an interview with Yamauchi. Miyamoto brought some toys he made to the interview and he was hired based on that. Like most connections, you don’t get the job because of the connection, just an opportunity. If it wasn’t for his dad, he wouldn’t have had the opportunity. If it wasn’t for his skill wouldn’t have landed the job.

I don’t know why SMS hired Alana, haven’t read a story on it, but her connections got her in the door. She may have had great interview and that is why they hired her Is all I am saying. Brought up Miyamoto to show connections help, even with the greats who aren’t in the exact industry they would eventually take jobs in.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Quit trying to belittle TVexperto TVexperto just because they don't agree with you. You talk a big game about misogyny, yet here you are assuming someone else's age and gender while also trying to embarrass them based on their education level. Now, that's some bullshit.

🤣 I drag the dude for misogynistic bullshit and you feel you have to defend him… as well as talking about gender and using they pronouns.

You sure you’re on the right forum, dude?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This entire thread is just insecurity.

Its hilarious that on the one hand GAF complains about the decline in "attractive" women video game characters from Western Developers. But then when there is an attractive woman working in the industry, "She got her jobs because of her looks".
Give me a fucking break.

Some folks like their attractive women nice and safe on a screen, rather than all dangerous and exciting in real life.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lame. I was expecting something more dramatic.

Dramatic eh? Alanah was pretty chill we just talked about ricer cars

but here's a fun fact

She used to live in Max Scoville's basement. very scandalous I know

I mean she's not especially beautiful is she? She's a woman, an ok looking one, that is a gamer, and that attracts attention on its own, but she doesn't rise above basically normal for me, never especially got all the hots for her (except that's expected with horny gamer guys and basically any woman)

Alanah_Pearce_-_GDCA_2022_2_%28cropped%29.jpg
I don’t think there’s much argument about her looks. That’s not the best pic of her. When she’s done up she’s quite the beauty imo of course. It’s more the grift (then acting holier than thou) people have an issue with.

Top Bottom