• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 42 wrestlers of Legends of Wrestlemania game revealed

Grecco

Demolition, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Owen hart, Mick foley ? the list is missing a bunch that should have been there.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Overall its a good roster but some guys like Arn Anderson and Michael Hayes (who I both love) are better known in their NWA days in the 80's. They both have been with the WWE for years but are involved with booking and creative at this point. BUT, so is Steamboat and some of his best matches (non Flair) were in the WWF, I'm surprised he didn't make it. To bad there's no Psycho Sid Justice, 2 time WWF/E champ and headlined a couple of 'manias. Definetly more legend worthy than Koko or Kamala. I'm surprised there's no Hillbilly Jim or George the Animal Steele either.

Crateman said:
Tsk tsk tsk...

And they dare to put "Legends" on the title...

He works for the competition. Of course he wouldn't be in.

jangotangos said:
No Snuka? No Sid? No Steamboat? No Savage? No Hall? No Nash?

NO BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um...Snukas in it.
Sid was never any good
Steamboat I have no idea what happened there.
Savage will NEVER be in a WWE product
Halls a waste
Nash works for TNA.

medrew

adamma666 said:
I haven't watched any wrestling in the past, hm, 15 years, but wasn't Lex Luger kinda important back in the days? or did something important happen to him too, like the stuff with Randy Savage or Chris Benoit? I would have liked to see Lex Luger in the game.

The only way Luger wouldn't have gotten in if he was deemed worthy would be because his royalties were too high or he did something personally to Vince and his family. Elizabeth did die of a drug overdose when living with him but I don;t think that is anywhere near extreme enough for Vince. Heck they let Jimmy Snuka in the game,

Hmm. If it's decent it might be worth picking up so that I could re-create "The Heenan Family" and dominate the competition.

It's got Mr. Perfect (Curt Hennig) too, he was always my fave. He was in one of the past few mainline WWE games as well, but with this version you could place Bobby Heenan in as his manager and re-create the glory days of his Intercontinental Title reign.

The only thing it's missing is "The Genius" Lanny Poffo, but since he was Macho Man's Brother I suppose he's probably blackballed too.

No Natural Disasters!?!? I loved Earthquake and Typhoon :(

Earthquake_Wrestler_RIP_Typhoon_WWF_WWE_Wrestling.jpg

The lack of Tatanka hurts as well. . .

tatanka.jpg

I miss old wrestling and its awesome simplicity.

Dwayne

With JR re-announcing the WWE Macho Man DVD set yesterday, I think perhaps there has been a turn around on the Savage issue. Fingers crossed for DLC ;)

Solid roster really, I hope the gameply is good. Plus its awesome this game has the old stage enterences and Ceasar's Palace.

Kingpen

play by play is Jim Ross and King Lawyer

I love the roster, but am not convinced in the least bit about the gameplay. I think 2009 in a very good product, why could they have not just copied that exact engine?

Kingpen

play by play is Jim Ross and King Lawyer

I love the roster, but am not convinced in the least bit about the gameplay. I think 2009 in a very good product, why could they have not just copied that exact engine?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've heard you can import most if not all of the SDvsRaw 09 roster into this game, giving you a roster of 100 possible wrestlers.

Also, Sid is not a great wrestler but he was a far better worker than either the Ultimate Warrior or Diesel. As someone who is a former WWE and WCW heavyweight Champion and has headlined a couple of wrestlemanias, he deserves some consideration. Disagree at your own peril and hope he doesn't have immediate access to a pair of scissors.

Razor Ramon was awesome, I always though Scott Hall could have been a big time world champion if not for the substance abuse.

As for Owen Hart, his wife will never allow the WWE to use his likeness in video games, figures or basically anything they need her release for. She hates them. Its a shame because Owen was so awesome.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dr. Zoidberg said:
It should have been Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura. (I can dream)

They should have gotten some old Bobby Heenan/ Gorilla Monson samples and used thoughs. Every wrestler listed (save SCSA and the Rock) they've called their matches, it could work. That was a great team.

No IRS either :(. This game needs DLC badly.

truly101 said:
Also, Sid is not a great wrestler but he was a far better worker than either the Ultimate Warrior or Diesel. As someone who is a former WWE and WCW heavyweight Champion and has headlined a couple of wrestlemanias, he deserves some consideration. Disagree at your own peril and hope he doesn't have immediate access to a pair of scissors.

If Sid was in you could simulate his gruesome broken-leg injury. Of course they'd have to implement some rag-doll physics to accurately portray that flopping foot. (Check Youtube if you're interested in seeing it.)

Souther

Banned
Vince McMahon is a piece of trash. THE END!

No Savage means this game already FAILS!!

You cannot have a legends of Wrestlemania game without one of the greatest wrestlers ever.

I hope this game fails miserably.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dr. Zoidberg said:
If Sid was in you could simulate his gruesome broken-leg injury. Of course they'd have to implement some rag-doll physics to accurately portray that flopping foot. (Check Youtube if you're interested in seeing it.)

No....no.....I've seen it so no. Whats Funny about that whole thing is Steiner and WCW were still dumb enough to go through with the scheduled finish instead of the quick pin. Sid gets kicked and stomped for 10 minutes after the break. Sid's wrestling in Lawler's Memphis organization and is still on friendly terms with Vince from what I hear so I'm kinda surprised he's not in. Then again, Steamboat presently WORKS for WWE and is considered on of the greatest wrestlers of his era and he's not in it. Course you need Savage for Steamboats best feud.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So how is the gameplay ?

Mrbob

Where is Ricky Steamboat? :/

Those Macho Man promos are comedy gold. Also a time when the intercontinental championship actually meant something too.

Savage vs. Steamboat at WM3 was one of the most epic matches in wrestling history. The fact these two are not included in a Legends of WRESTLEMANIA game is criminal.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I should have asked Foley when I ran into him yesterday why he wasn't in the game...

HiResDes said:
yes and where the hell is Ultimo Dragon, Doink, and Vader...Sting might be a nice addition as well, though he is still wrestling for TNA.

Why would Sting be in it? HE's never worked for WWE, let alone been on a wrestlemania!

Ultimo had a cup of coffee in WWE

Vader's best days were in WCW
Doink? Really? Come on now.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Souther said:
I just wanted to point out to everyone is that the following games are the greatest wrestling games ever.

WE SNACK ON DANGER! DINE ON DEATH!!

WWF SuperStars Arcade!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgaxE7ALfLA&feature=related

and motherfuc*** Wrestlefest!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO529MYnous&feature=related
Other than no mercy/wrestlemania 2000, these are the greatest wrestling games ever made. I've always wondered why a developer hasn't tried to remake a new game using engines similar to this and Mat Mania.

HiResDes

Outcast2004 said:
Why would Sting be in it? HE's never worked for WWE, let alone been on a wrestlemania!

Ultimo had a cup of coffee in WWE

Vader's best days were in WCW
Doink? Really? Come on now.

Sting was in the WWE, he had the U.S belt in 91' after beating Steve Austin, he has history in the federation...The same way Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, and a bunch of other wrestlers got their start in ECW.

HiResDes said:
Sting was in the WWE, he had the U.S belt in 91' after beating Steve Austin, he has history in the federation...The same way Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, and a bunch of other wrestlers got their start in ECW.

No he wasnt. Sting has NEVER been in WWE.

NWA, WCW and TNA
He has ZERO history in the fed, at all.

Really is it that hard to wiki something?

The US belt was an NWA/WCW. The one on WWE TV is a US belt in name only.

You list Foley, Austin and Jericho...well they all made their names for themselves in WWE. Sure they got their start in ECW and WCW...but their fortunes were made in WWE. STING HAS NEVER SET FOOT IN A WWE RING PERIOD.

Forkball

I just don't get the point of this game. It's not like we haven't played as Bret Hart or The Rock recently in a video game (heck, weren't these guys in SvR 2008?). It seems to be entirely nostalgia driven and I don't see the SvR fanbase being wowed by anything in this game.

Top Bottom