• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Aboard The Nintendo Direct HYPE TRAIN!!!

I am so ready for the Nintendo Direct this week! This is THE BIG ONE! We know at the very least Tears Of The Kingdom will be there so for me, everything else will be the cherry on top. And boy oh boy what cherrys there will be. ALL ABOARD!!!
3ls2jx0.jpg

What do you guys THINK will be shown (other then TOTK) & what do you guys WANT to be shown?

will be shown:
prime 4 teaser
prime hd remake
zelda windwaker/twilight princess pack
Kirby
new DK game
kid ikarus uprising HD
Mario baseball

Want to be shown:
new 3D mario
mario galaxy 2 hd
ocarina of time & majoras mask HD
Switch 2 teaser

*For those that think no Nintendo Direct or are party poopers, get on the train regardless. If it goes nowhere, you will end up where you were. If it goes full speed to its destination, ENJOY THE RIDE! *chris pratt mario voice* Letsa GO!!!

PHLFsFH.jpg
IDZSJKP.gif

UPDATE:
LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Can Nintendo keep the success going? Will they come out with a new hardware successor? Where is Pikmin 4 and the new Metroid Prime? Will Nintendo get cancelled by cancel culture for removing LGBT political messages in their Smash Bros stages? Find out on the next Dragonball Z!

kubricks

Not sure of the hype really. Tears of Kingdom is the only thing left I am actually looking forward to on the Switch.
But hey, it's been a while since the last direct. Surprise me.

Gorgyles

Banned
What's the odds of a new hardware announcement?

They certainly would be in a good position for a hardware reveal.

-Switch has made its money
-6 years since the previous entries of Zelda, Mario, and Mario Kart
-Retro hasn't release anything in 9 years

It all depends on how much foresight they had during the development of these games.
The last thing people want is a crossgen Tears or Odyssey 2
And yet we've been hit with crossgen launch titles several times in Nintendo's history

I am so ready for the Nintendo Direct this week! This is THE BIG ONE! We know at the very least Tears Of The Kingdom will be there so for me, everything else will be the cherry on top. And boy oh boy what cherrys there will be. ALL ABOARD!!!
3ls2jx0.jpg

What do you guys THINK will be shown (other then TOTK) & what do you guys WANT to be shown?

will be shown:
prime 4 teaser
prime hd remake
zelda windwaker/twilight princess pack
Kirby
new DK game
kid ikarus uprising HD
Mario baseball

Want to be shown:
new 3D mario
mario galaxy 2 hd
ocarina of time & majoras mask HD
Switch 2 teaser

*For those that think no Nintendo Direct or are party poopers, get on the train regardless. If it goes nowhere, you will end up where you were. If it goes full speed to its destination, ENJOY THE RIDE! *chris pratt mario voice* Letsa GO!!!

PHLFsFH.jpg
IDZSJKP.gif
Well I don’t see how Uprising could be done on a normal controller without some major tweaking. And the graphics would need a complete overhaul. But if they somehow overcame both those hurdles, it would be really great to have that game be playable on a normal controller with decent graphics. It just seems like a pipe dream.

I am excited for a new DK game tho. As long as it’s an internal-developed DK by Nintendo EPD, and an actual adventure/platformer and not some horrible gimmick like bongos or King of Swing, I am all for it.

An update on Fae Farm and Pikmin 4 would be nice. And I think spring is too crowded, but a port of Woolly World would be absolutely fantastic, and a welcome surprise..

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
All I really care about is more TotK info. Best case scenario would be if they launch a “Switch 4K model” alongside the game.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I do enjoy the people who think that after TotK Nintendo will cease to exist.
I don't think we'll TotK in the direct, I feel like they will announce it's own direct in the direct.

I would think it's time to show Metroid Prime 4, I don't think the remake is a real thing anymore. It seems to me like a dream similar to Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and Star Fox GrandPrix.

Hoping for Silksong shadow drop.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Nintendo is bigtime crudola to me now except for Metroid and Zelda, which are admittedly awesome.

Unless they bring back Fzero, Kid Icarus or Waverace or some good franchise that they killed off,

What's the odds of a new hardware announcement?
I think it’s all based on Tears Of The Kingdom. If they have a version of it ready to show for the new hardware, I think there is a great chance they’ll tease the new hardware and announce a date for the full reveal of the new hardware.

Drawing Motivation GIF

Guess I'm hopping on. Advance Wars 1+2 Shadow Drop or Bust!
I think the odds are in your favor 🎉
Well I don’t see how Uprising could be done on a normal controller without some major tweaking. And the graphics would need a complete overhaul. But if they somehow overcame both those hurdles, it would be really great to have that game be playable on a normal controller with decent graphics. It just seems like a pipe dream.

I am excited for a new DK game tho. As long as it’s an internal-developed DK by Nintendo EPD, and an actual adventure/platformer and not some horrible gimmick like bongos or King of Swing, I am all for it.

An update on Fae Farm and Pikmin 4 would be nice. And I think spring is too crowded, but a port of Woolly World would be absolutely fantastic, and a welcome surprise..
I remember people, including Nintendo, saying the same thing about Skyward Sword. But when games are needed, they will find a way. If it’s true that Nintendo is transitioning their new game development to Switch 2, its very reasonable to expect Kid Icarus HD coming to Switch. Your expectations are very reasonabl. I could see alot of these questions being answered this direct.

Moses85

TotK Switch Oled Console announcement
Some Games, nothing special, thats it.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think the Switch is winding down so I’m not expecting Prime remake/trilogy or 4 to show up. I’m expecting MK9 and Prime 4 to headline Switch 2’s launch.

I think TotK blow out, third parties, maybe Hogwarts Legacy, couple of smaller Nintendo titles like a Yoshi game or something.

Top Bottom