• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Aboard The Nintendo Direct HYPE TRAIN!!!

Woopah

Some random guesses/theories

First party

• Advance Wars 1+2 release date
  • 2D DK announced for Summer
  • F-Zero Remaster coming 2023
  • Kid Icarus Remaster coming Spring 2023
  • TOTK trailers and dedicated Zelda Direct announced for March
  • Xenoblade 3 DLC
  • GB/GBA on NSO

Third party

• New Mana game this year
  • DQ III HD this year
  • Final Fantasy XI remake
  • Super Bomberman R release date
  • Dynasty Warriors 10
  • Something Castlevania related
  • Batman trilogy

You know fans have hit peak desperation when they are hyping a Direct that hasn't been announced.

Nintendo's lack of communication can either be seen as they have something big planned for 2023 or they only have Zelda for 2023 and are trying to stretch things out as much as possible.

If it's the latter I fear this is going to be one of their worst years, despite having Zelda on the calendar.
They had a Direct in September, announced something at TGA in December, and are now having another Direct in February. Its their normal level of communiation, not a lack of it. So it doesn't really tell us anything about their plans

Gambit2483

They had a Direct in September, announced something at TGA in December, and are now having another Direct in February. Its their normal level of communiation, not a lack of it. So it doesn't really tell us anything about their plans

i should clarify that I meant their lack of communication for 2023. Outside of Zelda, one major game, we still have no idea what they are doing for 2023.

Draugoth

Gold Member
There was some journalists from a while ago that one of the reasons Nintendo skipped E3 is because they have almost no games to show this year.

Woopah

i should clarify that I meant their lack of communication for 2023. Outside of Zelda, one major game, we still have no idea what they are doing for 2023.
Oh sure, but again that's normal. This time last year we only knew about Splatoon 3 and Zelda as major games (with the latter getting delayed), and then they announced a lot more games that released in the same calendar year.

Same for 2021, when the only major game we knew about when we entered February was 3D World + Bowser's Fury, and 2020, when we only knew about Animal Crossing.

Having said that, I do expect 2023 to be more like 2021, and not as stacked as 2022.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Who's gonna tell him
frozen GIF

Fearing the inevitable Zelda delay. Has a mainline Zelda game ever NOT been delayed past the initial dates given?

Hoping for Switch ports of Wind Waker/twighlight princess and Metroid prime trilogy HD! Hoping for something Gamecube related like a collection or additions to NSO......none of these will likely happen though.

My fav thing has been getting all these old games from wii/wii u because u missed out on all of them, even though they're overpriced at $60.

Woopah

Fearing the inevitable Zelda delay. Has a mainline Zelda game ever NOT been delayed past the initial dates given?

Hoping for Switch ports of Wind Waker/twighlight princess and Metroid prime trilogy HD! Hoping for something Gamecube related like a collection or additions to NSO......none of these will likely happen though.

My fav thing has been getting all these old games from wii/wii u because u missed out on all of them, even though they're overpriced at $60.
TOTK was originally given a 2022 date, so the obligatory Zelda delay is already out of the way!

ACESHIGH

Banned
Looking forward for third party miltiplat announcements like fatal frame. We need the whole series in modern platforms.

What if...

the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-the-legend-of-zelda.gif

but also...

giphy.gif

and just a bit of...

6b89514813dd21d9df04abcd868ead9e826f672a.gif

1 minute of Zelda and 39 minutes of farming stuff + Zelda has farming stuff now.
40 minutes general Direct, not a mini or partners so all that is very much possible. The only thing that gives me pause is they said only first half of 2023 BUT none of those will be their big holiday release so, great chances.

EDIT: They actually said “MOSTLY focused“ on the first half of 2023. EVERYTHING IS FAIR GAME. LETS GO!!!!

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are so desperate to get more information about Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. It's coming out in May, and I would rather discover shit in the game then have marketing spoil the surprise for me.
Because our idea of what this game even is at this point is the same overworld with an added sky which isn’t that exciting. I want them to hype me up (without spoiling). I want to see how the graphics are updated and what the world will be. And some MUSIC. Is there classic dungeons now? Tease it. THATS what I want to see. Why this is better then breathe of the wild. And if the game is as big as the first one, they can show plenty without spoiling ANYTHING.

OK here is my list of most anticipated announcements in the worst possible way:

Metroid Card Battle!
Mario Odyssey battle rush mode
Zelda….direct announcement for April
a new fire emblem
a new xenoblade (side story)
1 2 switch 2!
Donkey Kong: Cooking Papa!
NSO expansion: VirtualBoy
1 more thing…Splatoon4!

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

OK here is my list of most anticipated announcements in the worst possible way:

Metroid Card Battle!
Mario Odyssey battle rush mode
Zelda….direct announcement for April
a new fire emblem
a new xenoblade (side story)
1 2 switch 2!
Donkey Kong: Cooking Papa!
NSO expansion: VirtualBoy
1 more thing…Splatoon4!

You forgot Fzero.. musou

I think the whole situation will be very interesting. So many rumors.

If there is not a strong second half of 2023, I am convinced that Switch 2 or new hardware is launching between October 2023 and March 2023. Especially after that report the in January, Nvidia executives were meeting regarding possible new hardware with manufacturers.

I saw this article from a TCL TV executive regarding new OLED TV's. It says within four months or longer they can have product ready to ship. If that is true. I don't see why Nintendo couldn't ship new hardware in November 2023 if they wanted too. It doesn't mean they will. But, I think they could.

Top Bottom