• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Aboard The Nintendo Direct HYPE TRAIN!!!

Exede

All i want is a life sign of Metroid Prime. I... would accept the same teaser with the 4 again.... that's how much the waiting time has destroyed me

Nautilus

Banned
Season 2 Chocolate GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Season 2 Chocolate GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
I still can't believe how they didn't announce a new Mario to coincide with the release of the film
Beyond the fact that… it’s not needed. As the movie is clearly poised to do very well. And Mario games have no trouble selling.

They do still have time to announce a smaller-scale title, tho. 2 months is plenty of time

All I need is TOTK. Anything else is a bonus. I'd like an announcement for a new Pokemon remake game. I loved the Let's Go games so I'd be up for a Let's Go Johto game...or any kind of game based on G/S/C. I know it'll not happen but I can dream.

SCB3

Tbh if they do I'd expect to see

Zelda: TotK Gameplay - maybe extended
Metroid Prime 4 - Maybe Trilogy shadow Drop
Advance Wars 1+2 - Available Now!

Maybe's:
Silksong
Pokemon DLC (Though they tend to do these seperate and Pokemon Day is at the end of Feb)

Davevil

Beyond the fact that… it’s not needed. As the movie is clearly poised to do very well. And Mario games have no trouble selling.

They do still have time to announce a smaller-scale title, tho. 2 months is plenty of time
Nintendo doesn't need to make even more money besides the movie ? i doubt.
the movie + dedicated game combo would be astronomical.

Reactions: TLZ
Stop doing this to yourself.
it'll be shown alongside a teaser of game footage for Prime 4. I think Nintendo is keenly aware that they need to show Prime 4 when the Prime remake gets announced. I think they'll do it in tandem.

Regginator

If these are not going to be announced or shown gameplay then I'm gonna riot:

- Metroid Prime 4
- Zelda TOTK
- New 3D Mario
- Mario Kart new wave of maps
- DKC 3 (or should I say 6)
- Zelda OOT HD
- Fire Emblem Awakening HD
- Metroid Dread 2
- Ports from both Last of Us
- Skyrim 2: Double Trouble

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
it'll be shown alongside a teaser of game footage for Prime 4. I think Nintendo is keenly aware that they need to show Prime 4 when the Prime remake gets announced. I think they'll do it in tandem.

Not saying it'll never exist, but people have been saying "this is the Direct! this is the one!" about the MP remake / trilogy for about 4 years running.

anthony2690

Banned
But I am already aboard the Hogwarts Express!

I hope they finally give us a release date for BombRush Cyberfunk (I also really hope it is only switch exclusive for one week still)

As I want to play that game asap.

Not saying it'll never exist, but people have been saying "this is the Direct! this is the one!" about the MP remake / trilogy for about 4 years running.
Right, to be sure. But like I said, it's all about timing. They keep hearing about it because Nintendo keeps sitting on a finished product, which they've started doing a lot in this generation, to stagger their releases. It's all about optimal timing to drum up excitement for Prime 4. And space out Metroid releases now that they've brought the brand back starting with Dread.

Shifty1897

Okay but are we expecting an announcement today? They wouldn't wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to announce a Direct right?

Gambit2483

You know fans have hit peak desperation when they are hyping a Direct that hasn't been announced.

Nintendo's lack of communication can either be seen as they have something big planned for 2023 or they only have Zelda for 2023 and are trying to stretch things out as much as possible.

If it's the latter I fear this is going to be one of their worst years, despite having Zelda on the calendar.

Last edited:

Impotaku

I'll never understand this, people getting worked up & hyped about stuff that hasn't been announced then crying when nintendo doesn't give them what they made up in their heads. Look at the meltdowns over the switch 2/pro people assumed it was a done deal then got super salty when nintendo said shit about it lol.

Stop been so easily controlled.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
The hogwarts Express passes through the Nintendo direct.
Yup, figured if there was going to be a direct this week HW:L would be part of it.

On new hardware, starring Link and Mario, with Seamus’s morph ball as a pre order mount and it comes packaged with a demo for Metroid prime 4 AND an secret room added to the game where you can play all the Smash games….with 60 new characters.

Nautilus

Banned
I'll never understand this, people getting worked up & hyped about stuff that hasn't been announced then crying when nintendo doesn't give them what they made up in their heads. Look at the meltdowns over the switch 2/pro people assumed it was a done deal then got super salty when nintendo said shit about it lol.

Stop been so easily controlled.
Robot All Your Base GIF by The Yetee

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
But the Direct hasn't even been confirmed, right? :goog_relieved:

Reactions: TLZ

Lunarorbit

No dk. No metroid. No switch 2 plans.

Just advanced War for 30 minutes and then a 3 second clip of Zelda maybe swinging a sword. But it's blurry so there will be 5 months of speculation

No dk. No metroid. No switch 2 plans.

Just advanced War for 30 minutes and then a 3 second clip of Zelda maybe swinging a sword. But it's blurry so there will be 5 months of speculation
it could be a Mini, in all honesty. Especially if Zelda is getting it's owned media even closer to March. No Zelda in this Direct signals a Mini to me, since like we know already, the lineup first half is light outside of Zelda. Assuming Pikmin 4 is Q3/Q4.

Lunarorbit

it could be a Mini, in all honesty. Especially if Zelda is getting it's owned media even closer to March. No Zelda in this Direct signals a Mini to me, since like we know already, the lineup first half is light outside of Zelda. Assuming Pikmin 4 is Q3/Q4.
Oh, I was just being a dick cause I've been disappointed in Nintendo for the past few years

Kataploom

Gold Member
I try to avoid many YouTube channels I used to frequent these days because of constant rumor mongering and now I see that in GAF... Yes, Nintendo Direct is coming by this date, but forget about "leakers", they're always setting unreal expectations which ALWAYS, literally ALWAYS, ALL THE TIME, EVERY SINGLE DIRECT drives to disappointment even if the games presented look good, they always go for the obvious: Guesses of old IP returning... But what about if they start "reporting" about any new IP we don't know until they're announced? Those are the ones they can't guess because they're not leaking shit, just making things up for clicks and can't think that furher.

Damn that HL port is looking... quite distinct... Exotic I'd say, not bad.

more farming games & kirby spinoffs that I don't want !
FTFY

I still can't believe how they didn't announce a new Mario to coincide with the release of the film
They'd rather focus on a single thing at the same time, they know the strength of their IPs and it could get into a marketing mess if one starts cannibalizing the other... That's my assumption. Also, they have Zelda right at the corner, that alone negates any possibility of a Mario game coming out soon lol

Trunx81

I´m expecting a 25 minute Direct.

- Zelda Trailer with new footage (5 Minutes, including 20sec of new footage)
- Pikmin 4 (18 minutes)
- Mario Kart - new tracks from the mobile game (1 minute)
- Laughing in our face (1 minute)

What I HOPE for:
- Baten Kaitos Remaster
- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- Metroid 4 Trailer and Title
- Advance Wars Launch
- F-Zero GX Recharge

It's detrimental to their fiscal year HW forecast (even if they've reduced this year), to reveal new hardware which won't be releasing this year, as they've stated in the earnings call prior.

If we're getting Switch II, we're getting a reveal in Jan/Feb and release in March/April, 2024 I mean.

vj27

Banned
i need to sell my oled switch , thanks for the reminder
I’m ngl I’ve almost done that a couple times last year. Pokémon does nothing for me even though I somewhat enjoyed arceus. First Pokémon game I didn’t dislike. I’m a Zelda and Metroid guy, bought my oled with dread and played THE SHIT out of it, having that an halo infinite made me feel like a kid again. Lol anything sci-fi I’m all over it tbh.

Praying they show SOMETHING about Metroid prime 4 though. Because after that Zelda game comes out and I beat it I genuinely do not know what else to play with my switch.

I heard that Kirby game was really good maybe I’ll get that this year on a sale, I just refuse to spend $50 on it, hopefully Nintendo stops being Nintendo so I can grab it for like $30.

MAtgS

The point of the movie is to create new Mario fans. All existing Mario games will be new experiences to them. What Nintendo should be doing is selling a Switch bundle with multiple Mario titles included: like Kart 8 and 3D World.

But I'm also half-expecting Mario Warriors.

Last edited:
The point of the movie is to create new Mario fans. All existing Mario games will be new experiences to them. What Nintendo should be doing is selling a Switch bundle with multiple Mario titles included: like Kart 8 and 3D World.

But I'm also half-expecting Mario Warriors.
I agree with the bundles, that seems like a no-brainer. My basic point was really just that Nintendo doesn’t *need* to release a new game to coincide with the movie. It would be cool if they did, but the movie will do $1 billion+ handily, and I don’t think the main point of the movie is to bring in new fans. I think the movie is just make a really good movie that your audience wants to see, and hopefully make some money, and yeah hopefully it’s so popular that maybe some new users start playing Mario.

The best entry point for new Mario players is NSMB U Deluxe. And then graduate up to Odyssey or Mario 3D World. The best chance for that is to just start implementing Player’s Choice pricing on old catalogue titles that have been out for years. Nintendo’s never waited this long into a console cycle to do it before. Seems like now is a good time, with the console starting to reach market saturation and YoY declines.

Last edited:

MAtgS

I agree with the bundles, that seems like a no-brainer. My basic point was really just that Nintendo doesn’t *need* to release a new game to coincide with the movie. It would be cool if they did, but the movie will do $1 billion+ handily, and I don’t think the main point of the movie is to bring in new fans. I think the movie is just make a really good movie that your audience wants to see, and hopefully make some money, and yeah hopefully it’s so popular that maybe some new users start playing Mario.

The best entry point for new Mario players is NSMB U Deluxe. And then graduate up to Odyssey or Mario 3D World. The best chance for that is to just start implementing Player’s Choice pricing on old catalogue titles that have been out for years. Nintendo’s never waited this long into a console cycle to do it before. Seems like now is a good time, with the console starting to reach market saturation and YoY declines.
It just hit me that they could do a bundle with 3D All Stars. That's how everyone gets their 2nd chance to buy that collection.

Top Bottom