• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

//ARCANUM

Pretty disappointed about this whole situation. Amazon basically told me "oh well". Looks like it's time to cancel, and pick it up from PSN

the thing that sucks for me, is as I have prime, it means if I go digital I will be paying MORE than I would for a physical copy + a limited edition watch + whatever other mystery bonus they promised. such a bummer. :(

Hylian7

the thing that sucks for me, is as I have prime, it means if I go digital I will be paying MORE than I would for a physical copy + a limited edition watch + whatever other mystery bonus they promised. such a bummer. :(

Yeah, it really is.

I was planning on buying on Steam either way, but I really wanted to play this on a handheld, but if they're doing this shit, then I will have to play it on PC.

DNAbro

Since the chances are getting my 3DS version is incredibly low tomorrow, I'm now planning to also get Vita digital. I'm really hoping they get PSTV compatibility up by the afternoon because if they don't I guess I'm getting a digital version of 3DS and then selling the physical copy once it gets here.

Yes, i feel the same exact way. Stuck not being able to play on release day sucks though. I know it's a long shot, but i wish Aksys would give out digital keys to those who have to wait. Most of us have had it preordered for nearly a year, it would suck to punish the most loyal to the game.

Ibuki

Banned
Yes, i feel the same exact way. Stuck not being able to play on release day sucks though. I know it's a long shot, but i wish Aksys would give out digital keys to those who have to wait. Most of us have had it preordered for nearly a year, it would suck to punish the most loyal to the game.

Sadly that won't happen because they know we will be crazy enough to double dip.

Not sure a PR guy from Aksys has any pull to tell a major company like Amazon how to create two skus on peoples accounts from orders already placed and then to ship the items separately and eat the cost of shipping for their mistake. It's one thing to ask a company like Gamestop that deals with skus like this, has brick and mortar stores and deals in games exclusively to work with them at the last minute but I feel like this with aksys just saying stuff they didn't really have ironed out at the time.

This was pretty much precisely my point. As much as it sucks, consumers aren't in this situation because Amazon messed up, but because the pre-order bonuses were delivered damaged to Akysys seemingly right before they needed to get prepped for shipping to consumers. I'm sure Amazon is trying to work with Aksys to clear this up, but clearly it's not as easy as "just ship the game".

Shit happens, and Aksys seems like they're focused on making sure they do right by their customers, which is commendable, but I don't think that's reason to pile onto Amazon for not being able to magically untangle this cluster fuck.

Cody_D165

Banned
0NzCeFb.png

fuck

Double dipping on a digital copy it is

This is literally one game I cannot wait any longer than necessary to play. Not sure why EVERYONE is getting all these fucking mixed messages though.

Yasumi

Banned
Not sure why EVERYONE is getting all these fucking mixed messages though.

No kidding.
Hello,

I completely understand your concern regarding on when your Zero Escape 3: Limited Watch Bonus Edition- PlayStation Vita will be shipped.

I went to check the status of your order and confirmed that your item is being ordered and it will take time for us to prepare and pack it to be ready for the shipping process.

Rest assured you will get an e-mail confirmation once the item has shipped.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Frailen I.
Such a non-answer.

Zareka

I'd love for this to happen but it never will. This whole situation really sucks.

I hope by the time I wake up tomorrow this is all sorted. A couple extra days I don't mind waiting but the uncertainty is really getting on my nerves.

Etria

No kidding.

Such a non-answer.

Yeah, I received the same sort of response in the chat. They pretty much told me that they'd let me know when they receive confirmation. Didn't really answer the question about whether they actually had the stock or not. The rep also mentioned that it would take time since I have to consider that it is an international order.
Of course, that explains everything...

//ARCANUM

Update from Dan at Aksys:

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/747576836532535296

Still no updates from Amazon. I've emailed, texted and called. They HAVE the games, so in theory they should be going out on time.

And now an update on the official Aksys twitter. Things aren't looking good folks.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/747577597882576896

Amazon has your games. Other than that, no other updates. Whether or not they send them out on time is up to them, and they aren't saying.

Seems like they spoke too soon when saying we'd get our games on launch day.

Ponn

Banned
Update from Dan at Aksys:

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/747576836532535296

And now an update on the official Aksys twitter. Things aren't looking good folks.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/747577597882576896

Seems like they spoke too soon when saying we'd get our games on launch day.

Yea, the more and more I hear I don't think they bothered to really work this out with the retailers. It sounds more like they found out about the watches at the last minute, just up and said you know what just ship the games and we will get the watches to you later without really working out the logistics of that with the retailers going "say what now?". For a retailer like Amazon they don't make anything off of the preorder bonuses so thats a lot of effort, time and shipping costs for a freebie. Until I see it ships i'm assuming Amazon is going to wait for the watches before shipping. It's also not cool of Aksys to lay it out there like its Amazon's fault for this screw up shifting blame to them.

//ARCANUM

So I preorder this game a year in advance, and I probably won't get it on time.

I think at this rate, we'll be lucky if Amazon ships the game separately from the watch *at all*. I think Amazon is gonna wait for the watches to arrive in 2+ weeks before they ship. That's my hunch anyway. Meanwhile, there appears to be a 0% chance of getting a physical copy any time soon unless you had a GameStop preorder (and even then, some people's aren't being fulfilled).

//ARCANUM

Yea, the more and more I hear I don't think they bothered to really work this out with the retailers. It sounds more like they found out about the watches at the last minute, just up and said you know what just ship the games and we will get the watches to you later without really working out the logistics of that with the retailers going "say what now?". For a retailer like Amazon they don't make anything of of the preorder bonuses so thats a lot of effort, time and shipping costs for a freebie. Until I see it ships i'm assuming Amazon is going to wait for the watches before shipping. It's also not cool of Aksys to lay it out there like its Amazon's fault for this screw up shifting blame to them.

Yep. As "awesome" about the situation as Aksys has seemingly been, I think this whole thing is coming down to them saying things they shouldn't have said because they really couldn't control it.

I preordered the Vita copy of the game at ebgames in Canada, they are only getting in 2 copies of each version, and they haven't gotten it in yet. Does seem like they're getting enough for preorders + 1, because they had one preorder each for Vita and 3DS before I preordered mine.

I don't blame Amazon, not at all. They didn't force Aksys to mess this up, and while Aksys has been trying to fix the situation, they and only they broke it in the first place.

//ARCANUM

I don't blame Amazon, not at all. They didn't force Aksys to mess this up, and while Aksys has been trying to fix the situation, they and only they broke it in the first place.

yeah i was definitely in the "not aksys's fault" side for a while. but now that the real story seems to be coming out.... it actually seems like Aksys over-promised on something they couldn't really guarantee.

Eblo

This is the true decision game that we must play. Do we wait out the time period it takes for our watch edition games to get here, which increases the risk of encountering spoilers, or do we instead play it safe with digital copies at the expense of either no watch or the extra costs of having two copies? Neither decision is inherently right or wrong. this is truly meta

Im with you. Aksys confused Amazon with seperating the shipments and now theyre unsure of what to do. This isnt on Amazon at all.

Hylian7

I'm 90% sure I just fixed the problem for EVERYONE ON AMAZON that was affected by this.

I called again today (for the third or fourth time on this problem) and talked to a CS rep from Amazon. I explained the situation, told him what Aksys (the publisher) said on social media regarding the issue, how they were trying to reach Amazon, the whole nine yards. He understood and made sure they would be shipping the items seperately as Aksys stated, and is going to make sure it happens and of course talk to the higher ups about it as well.

Carl D. from Amazon, you may or may not be reading this, but you are a god among men. He also said "I have also been looking forward to this game sir, so I completely understand. Have you played the first two games?" I told him I had, and he said he only played the first one because he didn't have a 3DS at the time. I told him he should really play VLR before he plays this game.

So basically I may have possibly caused the domino effect to get this fixed for all Amazon customers that got screwed, and a fellow ZE fan fixed it.

DNAbro

I blame whoever was driving that truck(or whatever they were shipping it in) that caused the watches to get damaged in the first place.

yeah i was definitely in the "not aksys's fault" side for a while. but now that the real story seems to be coming out.... it actually seems like Aksys over-promised on something they couldn't really guarantee.

I'm used to it. :v I was one of the people who pre-ordered VLR "too late", didn't get the watch I was promised, and they just kinda said "lol sorry"

NoRéN;208529475 said:
Aksys has been pure class in this situation.

By seemingly announcing a 'solution' to the problem without even confirming with the retailer that it was possible? How in the world is any of this Amazon's fault??

This is the true decision game that we must play. Do we wait out the time period it takes for our watch edition games to get here, which increases the risk of encountering spoilers, or do we instead play it safe with digital copies at the expense of either no watch or the extra costs of having two copies? Neither decision is inherently right or wrong. this is truly meta

Wait. I want that watch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if amazon will offer some form of compensation for this. Like free shipping or extra prime.
I was wondering the same thing, especially for those of us who pre-ordered last year in July back when it was first confirmed with Prime. Though I really don't feel like playing the blame game with anyone, it's just unfortunate coincidences among both parties. As long as we get that "bonus" that was mentioned, I don't feel the need to be all "hey Amazon, you should compensate us for waiting!"

I'd honestly be much more annoyed if I wasn't already busy with Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but considering how story-heavy the series is, I'm just hoping to not run into spoilers via here or Twitter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm 90% sure I just fixed the problem for EVERYONE ON AMAZON that was affected by this.

I called again today (for the third or fourth time on this problem) and talked to a CS rep from Amazon. I explained the situation, told him what Aksys (the publisher) said on social media regarding the issue, how they were trying to reach Amazon, the whole nine yards. He understood and made sure they would be shipping the items seperately as Aksys stated, and is going to make sure it happens and of course talk to the higher ups about it as well.

Carl D. from Amazon, you may or may not be reading this, but you are a god among men. He also said "I have also been looking forward to this game sir, so I completely understand. Have you played the first two games?" I told him I had, and he said he only played the first one because he didn't have a 3DS at the time. I told him he should really play VLR before he plays this game.

So basically I may have possibly caused the domino effect to get this fixed for all Amazon customers that got screwed, and a fellow ZE fan fixed it.

Not sure if it's really that simple mate as they have to make sure all skus and stuff that's registered within the system checks out. I think you're just being hopeful considering how complicated and convoluted distribution can actually get.

DNAbro

Okay here is a thought. How much do you guys expect the watches to cost separately? Since I'm getting it digitally now, I'm basically paying 32$ to get the watch (hopefully).

Hylian7

Not sure if it's really that simple mate as they have to make sure all skus and stuff that's registered within the system checks out. I think you're just being hopeful considering how complicated and convoluted distribution can actually get.

It's miles further than I have ever gotten with any other Amazon CS rep, so I think that's certainly something for what it's worth.

He did say it would probably arrive a day late since it's too late in the day.

DasFool

I'm on the verge of cancelling my 3DS preorder and just waiting for the Steam release instead. The watch looks killer but it's not the worth the extra wait and hassle when I'm not even going to play the 3DS version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay here is a thought. How much do you guys expect the watches to cost separately? Since I'm getting it digitally now, I'm basically paying 32$ to get the watch (hopefully).
A while back, Aksys was selling the 999 watch separately on their online store for about $5.

...though in 2012, they sold the VLR watches for $20, BUT, they were selling them for Hurricane Sandy relief & the money went towards the Red Cross.

I attempted to cancel my (regular) Amazon Vita preorder tonight as it said it was shipping on 06/28 with delivery on Thursday 06/30 but the cancellation failed because it was getting ready to ship... so maybe it really does ship tonight?

DNAbro

A while back, Aksys was selling the 999 watch separately on their online store for about $5.

...though in 2012, they sold the VLR watches for $20, BUT, they were selling them for Hurricane Sandy relief & the money went towards the Red Cross.

huh, ahh screw it's not worth it. Cancelled my order. I don't know what the extra thing will be but I don't really care that much. I'll buy the watch when they sell it separately. No need to spend more money than I have to.

I emailed Amazon. Got a typical copy/paste reply with pretty much no useful info on the matter. At least this happened though:

"You get your order once in stock, I've upgraded the shipping speed to one day at no charge so that once we've the item, your order will be served on priority basis and we'll ship your order immediately."

Yay, I guess?

Extremely disappointed in both Aksys and Amazon. I feel like they are both at fault here. I know it's probably stupid of me, but I took Wednesday off so I'd have a full day to play ZTD. It was my most anticipated game of the last few years, but now it looks like I'll either get it late Wednesday or not even until Thursday. They really dropped the ball with this one. Debating getting a digital copy, which I will probably do, but it sucks that the hardcore fans are the ones most likely affected by this and shelling out the extra money to get a digital copy so they can actually play this on time. 😠

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Welp. Yeah I'm going to call around to see if I can find a physical copy locally tomorrow and go digital if I can't. Going to sell the copy I get from amazon whenever it arrives.

I'm chatting with amazon now and they're telling me it will be delayed a few weeks. FEW WEEKS.

Amazon should realize that customers will most likely cancel their orders if that's the case. I would imagine it would be more beneficial for them to ship the watch and games separately.

Amazon should realize that customers will most likely cancel their orders if that's the case. I would imagine it would be more beneficial for them to ship the watch and games separately.

This is probably what the hold up is... amazon probably doesn't want to ship them separately and would rather "delay" it until the watches come in.

Basically I will have to wait for weeks before I can play this err? Even worst as I ordered from Amazon but I am located overseas... I seriously doubt that there will be shipping the game 1st, logistics will be an issue. =(

It stings to cancel the order after placing it nearly a year ago, but I figure if I have to wait it will be on my own terms. I'll most likely be picking this up from somewhere else.

And Aksys is selling the watch separately again?

If indeed it's going to take weeks, I'm straight up cancelling the fuck out of my pre-order, going digital, and writing an email to Aksys to talk to them not just about this, but that I have been screwed over twice so far because they couldn't manage watch production/projection. Once is an honest mistake, twice is general incompetence.

Top Bottom