• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

ricard0388

Neo Member
KBTrfD2.png

I made the watch purchase selecting the gift option, that way you hide the price in the package.

You could add a message and add a gift wrap to make it an actual gift.

Of course, it depends on your country import laws/tax/customs, but this worked for me and my freight forwarder before.

Segnaro

Guys. Guys. So I got my Same Day Shipping watch.

Except it was packed in a padded enveloped and there are a couple giant cracks on the box. Collector's item my ass.

What do I do now? Talk to customer service? Ughhhhhh

Mine also has a crack. They probably all had one in the warehouse before it was shipped.

Here's mine:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nHGKnf6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uqW3fKc.jpg[/IMG]

If you guys have issues with chat CS, you should probably call and talk to a live person. Seriously, they can get even more done than just having a limited amount of things they can do/say. Chat should only be for quick fixes, since I don't think many of these guys have access to a lot of information as the actual call centers do.

I'll have to call I guess. It's nice being able to do work and talk to support via chat, but it's clearly not working.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you need to place the order first before you talk to someone about getting the import fee thing cancelled?

Or should I just wait and hope they add this international option.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to call I guess. It's nice being able to do work and talk to support via chat, but it's clearly not working.

Yeah this is definitely one of those situations where you would want to talk to a live person... Doing it during PST business hours will get you someone one local to the area as well, which can also help.

Just got both of my watches. One has a small crack amd both have various scuffs and scratches on both the inside and outside of the dome. One was taped and one was not. The one the wasn't still had that glue blob on the dome from where it was attached previously. Lol. Whatever. I got my watches, I'm done.

Also came in fantastic Amazon bubble mailers.

check your watches. One of mine came with the band popped off.

https://twitter.com/damnskippyyo/status/774090397052088320?s=09

Remk

So....

After about five different CSR, 90 minutes in chat repeating myself and being lectured on how import fees are assessed and how Amazon did nothing wrong and that I should just pay or GTFO.

I managed to get a refund for the original order...

And I'm tapping out, I wanted that watch but fuck this nonsense :/

chrono01

Just got both of my watches. One has a small crack amd both have various scuffs and scratches on both the inside and outside of the dome. One was taped and one was not. The one the wasn't still had that glue blob on the dome from where it was attached previously. Lol. Whatever. I got my watches, I'm done.
Wait, what? Seriously? Doesn't this further confirm that the watches they're sending out now were/are part of the original batch that were "damaged"? You know, the ones that were supposed to ship originally with our Watch Edition? If so...

No, I'm not going to start that paranoia here, we've gone through enough. ;_;

Wait, what? Seriously? Doesn't this further confirm that the watches they're sending out now were/are part of the original batch that were "damaged"? You know, the ones that were supposed to ship originally with our Watch Edition? If so...

No, I'm not going to start that paranoia here, we've gone through enough. ;_;

they probably are. if you click on my tweet you'll see my broken watch from the case with the glue blob

Got my watches from Gamestop- both cases are cracked, and one band popped off the watch. Both were shipped in boxes, but the padding inside was woefully inadequate. :/

Just chatted with cs... I had two games in my order, but only credit for one watch. I've been told I'll get another e-mail with more credit eventually. Ugh, what a mess this is.

Lan_97

watch damage or case damage. or both?

Case scuffs and cracking, one of the clear plastic case supports broken off. The watch was loose inside the case, and its difficult to determine whats actually real damage to the watch. The band is intact though and the watch is functional.

Managed to solve my problem by sending the item to my sister in Australia, paying 6$ shipping. She will come to Italy next month, thank god...
Now I asked Amazon CS about my second watch, let's see what happens!

I just noticed something for those who are abroad have have ordered the watch go to your order and check the invoice at the bottom for me at least it shows credit card transactions are 0.00. Did Amazon alter orders so no charges happen? Or am I mistaken?

dgco86

I just noticed something for those who are abroad have have ordered the watch go to your order and check the invoice at the bottom for me at least it shows credit card transactions are 0.00. Did Amazon alter orders so no charges happen? Or am I mistaken?

My invoice says $0.00 as well. It seems my watches have just shipped so I guess I'll need to monitor my credit card and see if Amazon removes the hold or proceeds with the charge. Fingers crossed for the former, obviously.

I was charged =/ will contact them tomorrow or Sunday to remind them of my refund.

Meia

So way back when we're told they can't ship the watches out because the shipment got damaged. Now people from amazon are getting their watches.....and they're damaged.

Did Aksys just say "fuck it" and start giving people the original broken watches and not bother with new ones or something?

What!? So the watches being sent out now aren't even new watches? They are just the "acceptable" quality watches from the first batch, and actually have not just sustained case damage, but hinge/band damage as well? WTF Aksys!!?

Why else would there be adhesives and such a consistent reporting of damage? Wait, weren't the watches sold at Anime Expo fine?? Why do we get the damaged watches?? Where is the 999 port??

Why won't this just end!? ='(

So way back when we're told they can't ship the watches out because the shipment got damaged. Now people from amazon are getting their watches.....and they're damaged.

Did Aksys just say "fuck it" and start giving people the original broken watches and not bother with new ones or something?

seeming that way. when they announced that they got them, it was all out of the clear blue. one day it was manufacture needs to send them, then the next it was theys in our warehouse, yall!

duckroll

Wow, looks like the Aksys Nightmare continues for Zero Escape fans. Is there truly zero escape from this? My puns are so bad!

grim-tales

I havent got a "new" link but Amazon said "Don't worry, go ahead and order and we'll refund the import fees", fingers crossed I guess...

dgco86

Might wanna check your invoice again. Mine now shows $570.45 where it used to say $0.00. God damn it.

EDIT: Just got an email from customer service. Remember, the 2 customer service representatives before (not counting Matt H.) told me that I should be entitled to 2 watches so I should hold on to my order. Now I've got 2 watches on the way and a $570.45 charge on my credit card. I guess I've got no choice but to email Jeff Bezos to get this mess resolved.

Hello,

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding that has occurred. This bonus offer is limited to one per customer, so even though you ordered more than one Zero Escape 3 you should have only received one promotional code.

To view the restrictions for this promotion, visit the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/promos/

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Arun R.
Thank you.
Amazon.com

Dwayne

So, I contacted email support. They said they'd waive the fees. I ordered, and talked to chat support because I was having problems with my address. They said "There is no reason why we would waive import fees, taxes and shipping and no one should do that."
I sent through order and contacted email support to get them to waive the fees. I get a reply "we've issued promotional credit to make up for the postage" - uh no.
So I email again - "Please waive the import fee as you have already promised in a previous email. Please stop messing me around. I don't want promotional credit, I want both fees waived." No reply after a few hours. I'm getting nervous, there's a $107 USD fee charged to my credit card and nothing is happening.
So I jump back on chat support.

"I'm sorry for the incorrect information you received.
If an item is shipping to international country, we're unable to remove import fee
Orders that are shipped to countries outside the U.S. may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and fees charged by the destination country customs authorities."

Get out. It's only got import tax on it because you've put it up for $500 for some insane reason. Further discussion.. and then suddenly, the sun comes out. They say there's nothing they can do now, but the moment that it ships, they'll refund the entire order. I get the person's name and ask them to send me their promise, because at this point I need it in writing to make sure it happens. They give their name and have followed up with an email confirming the promise. I also asked for them to ship it in a box as I had heard reports of smashed watch cases from it being shipped in padded envelopes. They said they'd make sure it is.

It's almost worth celebrating at this point, this may well be the last time I have to contact them. But this whole hassle today should never have had to have happened, what a total pain in the ass. Hope everyone else has an easier passage than this!

LAA

I havent got a "new" link but Amazon said "Don't worry, go ahead and order and we'll refund the import fees", fingers crossed I guess...

Let me know how it goes. Not keen on paying at all, even if it will be refunded later. Hoping another link comes soon. Honestly what a screw up though.

Remk

So I woke up to this:

Hello ------,

My name is -------- and I'm from Amazon Marketing Team!

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you thus far.

I certainly understand that your concern is regarding the Order # ---------- with the item "Zero Escape 3: Limited Watch Bonus Edition- PlayStation Vita ".

I'm so sorry to know that you haven't received the promotional benefit or the new Bonus Watch along with the game. We didn't expected this would happen.

My humble request to you, please go ahead and place the order as you received the promotion, in case if you are been charged for the import fee or shipping charges, I'll personally follow up on the issue and wave-off the import fee or the shipping charges once the order is placed.

Here's the link of the watch on our website:

https://

Once you place the order, its not required to contact us back, as promised, I'll personally follow up on the issue, verify your account and do the needful to you.

Yeah... no
Excuse me if I distrust a promise of a personal follow up sent from the generic Amazon CS emailer, and there is no way I would go for a scenario where I'm paying 85 fucking dollars for a free item even if I there is a refund,

Also this came two hours after the order refund confirmation arrived so technically I'm not even eligible anymore.

This whole thing has been a clusterfuck

g11

I returned my copy of the game about a month ago thinking they'd never work this whole thing out and got my refund. Then yesterday I get the same link you all are getting, so I guess I'll technically get the watch for free in the end so I can't be too mad if it's in shitty condition when it gets here. What a strange, strange turn of events...

My watch got shipped this morning. Afternoon now and still haven't received a refund email like i was promised. Will give it till tomorrow until i contact CS again.

Top Bottom