• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

Baliis

Pretty amazing how bungled this whole thing is. Haven't gotten an email about the watch and I never even got my copy of the game. I'm not really upset since I haven't had the time to play VLR yet anyways, but it's pretty impressive.

hayejin

Heres my response from Amazon.
Looks like one per order issue is Aksys problem.

I can see that you received Promotional benefit for Free Zero Time Dilemma: Bonus Watch under Order ID: XXXXXXCCXXXXCXXC. However, you're yet to receive promotional benefit or the new Bonus Watch in separate shipment for the other Zero Escape 3 Game.

Upon checking with available resources, kindly allow me to inform that our Business team is currently working with the Manufacturer on this issue; please be assured that no matter what, we will make sure that you get the Bonus watch at the earliest. I am personally following this up and once I have an update, I will contact you and inform you the same.

So my watch got shipped and I didn't get charged for anything on my credit card even though in my Amazon account it says my grand total for the shipment is 117 USD because of the import fee. Looks like the CSR did his job even though he forgot to send me an email notifying me.

grim-tales

Here's the email I got:

Hello,

Thanks for writing back to us with the order number xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

As promised, I've tried to issue for Import Fee Deposit refund for your order. But I've checked and see that your order hasn't been shipped yet.

Since our systems are fully automated we're not authorized to issue any refund before the order completely ships out of our fulfillment center.

In this case, I'll follow up with your order and will issue refund once your order completely ships out of our fulfillment center. I hope you understand my limitations here.

You will receive the email confirmation from us once the refund is issued. Thanks for understanding.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.​​

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Alagappan G.

So apparently I'll get a refund when it ships, and technically I'm getting it for free (or $5, or whatever)

I was told I need to contact Amazon as soon as my order ships to get a refund

Assuming that credit card charges thing doesn't change from 0.00 it hasn't atm

daveo42

Banned
Watch comes in the mail tomorrow. Still need to download the digital book, which has an insanely small available window (next Friday).

Sondar

Have any international Gaffers managed to get the watch shipped to family/friends in the US who will then reship to Europe? I was wondering how much it would cost to ship to the UK, as it would need to go in a small box to avoid further (if that's possible) damage.

Felldoh

My watches shipped yesterday with AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping, and they are currently out for delivery here in Canada! Both my watches are arriving today by 8pm, here's to hoping that at least one of them is in decent condition!

Will post pictures once I receive them

Mine shipped. On the chat now , hope all goes well.

I got on another chat (decided not to wait) since i haven't received the refund i was promised yesterday. The lady told me i could expect it by the time the watch got delivered (2 weeks from now) and i was fed false information.

Flandy

I never got my email for my Vita copy :\
I just talked to amazon support for the 3rd time and I was once again told that they'd get back to me ;_;

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon CS: Clay_ghost, thank you very much for your patience, I have issue your refund, it will reflect in your account in 3-5 business days.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit

Will update once i get the $ back .

Are you guys getting your refunds for the import deposits? I thought they said within 60 days or are we just supposed to request for the refund once the watches ship?

Everyone have different answers lol , i will lost a bit in the exchange but i just want to get it over with now. hope my money will be refunded soon and i get a working watch.

Felldoh

Are you guys getting your refunds for the import deposits? I thought they said within 60 days or are we just supposed to request for the refund once the watches ship?

Sondar

So what happens if the import deposits are refunded, but then my local customs office notice it with the value of $500.00 & charge me 20% vat & duty?

I know there's the whole 'mark it as a gift' & '$0.00 value' options, but if Amazon don't do that, what then? :/

Well mine shipped, and I've been charged the $90 I assume. What is the next step, speak to Amazon directly again and demand the refund? I looked through my e-mails earlier and saw that I actually got an Import Fee refund of 88 cents back on the 28th August for my order of Zero Time Dilemma so it seems that 2 months is the amount of time until they automatically refund that fee.

So what happens if the import deposits are refunded, but then my local customs office notice it with the value of $500.00 & charge me 20% vat & duty?

I know there's the whole 'mark it as a gift' & '$0.00 value' options, but if Amazon don't do that, what then? :/

Depends on the country, for the UK at least it'd get sent to HMRC for customs fees and then Royal Mail would hang onto the parcel until you paid the customs fee, only after you do that can you then fill out a form to dispute the charges and eventually (hopefully) get them refunded.

First post but I've been following this thread since the start. I ordered 2 copies (1 Vita and 1 3DS) and waited almost a month to get the games. I waited (somewhat) patiently for the watches and ordered them a few hours after I got the email. Originally I only ordered one copy and then added the second a few minutes after the first order so by chance my preorders ended up in two separate orders. I had to do two separate orders for the watches to get the promo applied correctly but I was so happy that it finally worked.

Unfortunately, I just got my watches in the mail and they are both broken and the cases have tons of cracks. Both cases have small blobs of glue so I'm sure they were originally attached to the game. One watch has both(!) knobs broken off and rolling around jn the case and the other has tons of edge wear because it's been rubbing against the outer case pretty badly. I really believe that they just shipped out the "damaged in transit" watches and called it good.

AngryKirby

Neo Member
Hoping someone will help me out :/ I ordered the Vita and 3DS watch editions and received a single link to purchase a single watch. If I try to order two watches with that link, I'll need to pay $400 plus tax. I contacted Amazon via email and live chat and the results were SIGH. I was told that I only need to order one watch and the second one will be delivered separately without haing to order it. But another customer rep said I'll need to order the second watch to get it so I said fine send me a second link and that same person said no you have $600 credit in your account. I mean, I don't understand why they can't send a separate link for each watch order instead of saying crap like "order one we'll send two" or "Place an order for one and then place a second order for another" I mean what is going on here. The whole "order one we'll send two" sounds like BS. The order will be received by the fulfillment center, they'll see an order for one watch so guess what Amazon? They'll only send ONE watch. Anyone here had the same issue?

Update: I tried placing another order for the second watch and this is what my order summary looks like -___-

Items: $500.00
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Zero Time Dilemma: -$100.00

Total before tax: $400.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $35.50
Total: $435.50

So I'm going to be charged $435 for the second watch. Good job Amazon

LiK

Hoping someone will help me out :/ I ordered the Vita and 3DS watch editions and received a single link to purchase a single watch. If I try to order two watches with that link, I'll need to pay $400 plus tax. I contacted Amazon via email and live chat and the results were SIGH. I was told that I only need to order one watch and the second one will be delivered separately without haing to order it. But another customer rep said I'll need to order the second watch to get it so I said fine send me a second link and that same person said no you have $600 credit in your account. I mean, I don't understand why they can't send a separate link for each watch order instead of saying crap like "order one we'll send two" or "Place an order for one and then place a second order for another" I mean what is going on here. The whole "order one we'll send two" sounds like BS. The order will be received by the fulfillment center, they'll see an order for one watch so guess what Amazon? They'll only send ONE watch. Anyone here had the same issue?

every has the same issue. one watch per order. Amazon can suck mah balls. supposedly 3DS skus get the watches later but i dunno what's the difference.

Seems like everyone is getting theirs damaged. I'd be curious if anyone actually gets one in good condition at this point. I guess I'll see myself when my first one arrives today.

Sondar

Depends on the country, for the UK at least it'd get sent to HMRC for customs fees and then Royal Mail would hang onto the parcel until you paid the customs fee, only after you do that can you then fill out a form to dispute the charges and eventually (hopefully) get them refunded.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm in the UK & don't really think it's worth the risk, especially if the watch arrives damaged. Could be a lot of correspondence which might go on forever.

That's hoping that Amazon refund & hoping that UK Customs refund. :(

Vibed

Wow, I got the watch, and maybe it's this whole experience, but I'm quite irritated with this shoddy piece of work.
My watch has a scuff an on the glass clock face and the glass is unevenly inserted, with the left side sticking out. Very glaring.

At the least, the case doesn't have any cracks, just a scratch on the front corner.

Unless I feel like repairing it myself, I suppose I'll keep it on my shelf. Oh yeah, and I ordered just one copy of the 3DS version.

Why is Amazon so bad about this? Never seen such incompetence with them for anything else.

Amazon has always been bad about things like this. The thing is, usually most issues you hear are simple things that they just fix, but when it comes to anything other than replacing an item or a late package, then the easy results no longer apply.

"Shipping soon"

"Arriving by 8pm today"

It's 1:15pm.

That doesn't seem right. Haha.

Depending where you live, that could be normal.

I never got my email for my Vita copy :
I just talked to amazon support for the 3rd time and I was once again told that they'd get back to me ;_;

Same. Never got the email for the credit. I talked to an Amazon rep but they just told me to wait 48 hrs for a response. What a clusterfuck Aksys has created.

Shoyz

Got mine. The case has been completely smashed open, with some tape on the sides. Is there supposed to be a bottom to it? It was in a plastic bag.

And the watch is broken. It's missing a button, so I can't change the time. Unless I memorize the time difference, fittingly.

But this is definitely the original watches, isnt it? The date on my watch is June 9th, just before the games release date...

hayejin

It's really amazing to see the amount of money and headache aksys is causing Amazon.

On top of the credit, refund, returns, and cs headaches Amazon is going through, how about a commission on 500 dollar item orders Amazon has to pay out to affiliates whose links were in effect when some people placed the watch orders?

I don't understand - I ordered a Vita & 3ds copy from Gamestop and got 2 watches, why is Amazon saying you're only allowed one watch per customer?

Emailed them about my second watch.

Said I'd get another Email about it in 24-48 hours after the first one is shipped. Weird. Glad I'm getting both though.

Got mine. The case has been completely smashed open, with some tape on the sides. Is there supposed to be a bottom to it? It was in a plastic bag.

And the watch is broken. It's missing a button, so I can't change the time. Unless I memorize the time difference, fittingly.

But this is definitely the original watches, isnt it? The date on my watch is June 9th, just before the games release date...

Unbelievable. So Aksys have been outright lying to us all this time and have decided to just ship all the broken crap and fob it off as being Amazon's problem. This needs to gather more attention so that gaming media can pick up on it.

Seems like everyone is getting theirs damaged. I'd be curious if anyone actually gets one in good condition at this point. I guess I'll see myself when my first one arrives today.

My second watch was fine. Just the case has a small crack and scuffage.

"Shipping soon"

"Arriving by 8pm today"

It's 1:15pm.

That doesn't seem right. Haha.

Mine shipped at 446pm and i got it around 8pm

KiraFA37

I just got off the chat with Amazon support regarding the import fees I need to pay for the watch, note that I already have it ordered and that it was in transit before I started this chat, and I have some good news for us EU people:

Subham: Thank you for waiting KiraFA37
Please be assured as the import duty fee will be refunded back to you.

Me: How will this exactly work?

Subham: As we have faced this issue we have added data to our system and the import duty fee will be refunded back to all the customers who has purchased this game.

Me: Will it also refund the part I paid with some leftover gift card money I had on my account?

Subham: Yes. It will be refunded back to you.

Me: Okay well that answers my questions completely, any info on when this refund will happen?

Subham: We are still working on this as there are lot many customers who has bought this product. So this might take few days to be processed. We will notify you as soon as we will refund you back the full amount.

Hats of to Amazon for the amazing support so far.

Flandy

Same. Never got the email for the credit. I talked to an Amazon rep but they just told me to wait 48 hrs for a response. What a clusterfuck Aksys has created.

Did you get your copy launch week? Mine only arrived 2 days late so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Order was marked as completed a long time ago

I just got off the chat with Amazon support regarding the import fees I need to pay for the watch, note that I already have it ordered and that it was in transit before I started this chat, and I have some good news for us EU people:

Hats of to Amazon for the amazing support so far.

Let's hope they come through. Will be glad when this is over.

Did you get your copy launch week? Mine only arrived 2 days late so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Order was marked as completed a long time ago

Yup got my copy at launch week around the start of the weekend. My Vita copy has the sticker that says it is the copy with the bonus watch.

If that was the case they should've just held onto my copy.

chrono01

I joked earlier in this thread, about the watches being sent out being part of the original damaged batch, and there's more and more evidence of this actually being the case. I'm at a loss for words. All of these headaches, all of the frustration, for nothing. If Aksys had just sent these watches out in the first place, despite being damaged, none of us would have had to deal with these duty charges/additional shipping costs a lot of us are going through right now. Ideally, it would have been preferred to receive new/undamaged watches, but we can't even get that, despite waiting several months for Aksys to fix the issue. They couldn't even give us the full/proper DIGITAL artbook, without removing content, and that was supposed to be our bonus "We're sorry for the wait!" gift. :/

I haven't contacted Amazon about my watch yet, I'm going to wait the weekend and see how things are Monday. I've only received one email/credit, despite having two copies ordered.

Needless to say, this will be the last Aksys game I support. I'm finished with them. This whole debacle is embarrassing.

Vitacat

Aksys is a bad company.

However, I can't fault Amazon - they certainly did right by me. I basically got the game + watch (perfect condition, phew) for free, plus $10 Amazon credit to boot. Feel bad for everyone here who is still dealing with Aksys's shenanigans, but my game is now over with the good ending.

This thread needs more Picard fail gifs.

So sorry for my international friends.

I have a watch arriving today and an extra one tomorrow. I'll take pics when it arrives.

Plus, there's a good chance I'll be giving the extra one away to one of you that got screwed over. :)

milkham

One came today

Tz9iEU5.jpg

post pics, tweet it at them.
Maybe Schreier will do another post about this on Kotaku

Top Bottom