• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Zalman

OoT Link is amazing. I wish we got OoT Zelda as well. Hopefully in the future.

Here are the boxes:

CrSFCh-UAAEB80H.jpg
CrSFGYmUkAEXXu1.jpg
CrSFI8KVUAAcrmR.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, I can't believe it, they made the 8-bit Link amiibo. Cannot wait to tell my friend about the new Zelda amiibo, he's gonna want them all

ALSO POOCHI AMIIBO AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS SO ADORABLE & THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR MAKING IT

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I might just get Wind Waker Link via that double pack & be content with that instead of Smash Toon Link.

Edit: Reminder that Picross 3D 2 supports amiibo, which can unlock 9 additional puzzles if you have them all:

- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach or Toad
- Bowser
- Yoshi
- Link
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- Dedede

Tomita

Are they really still not selling the Wolf Link amiibo separately? ): I desperately want it for the upcoming Breathe of the Wind, but not for the scalper price of $24.99.

Those new Zelda amiibo though!!! I am definitely buying the Wind Waker and Ocarina ones. And I'm buying at least one Breathe of the Wild amiibo, so... That's a lot of amiibo I gotta buy next year.

zroid

Banned
Are they really still not selling the Wolf Link amiibo separately? ): I desperately want it for the upcoming Breathe of the Wind, but not for the scalper price of $24.99.

Those new Zelda amiibo though!!! I am definitely buying the Wind Waker and Ocarina ones. And I'm buying at least one Breathe of the Wild amiibo, so... That's a lot of amiibo I gotta buy next year.

Given Nintendo's track record of making prompt announcements regarding amiibo, I don't think it's something to worry about yet. It will probably get a standalone release alongside the BOTW amiibo.

Bayonetta X Cloud are going to be so limited X have a short print at this point
Or my triple pack idea to finish the smash series might happen
The fuck you so quiet for Nintendo 🤔

Will buy the ocarina of time link :D

Tomita

Given Nintendo's track record of making prompt announcements regarding amiibo, I don't think it's something to worry about yet. It will probably get a standalone release alongside the BOTW amiibo.

Probably, but it's been months since it originally released, so I'm kinda worried they'll forget about it cause NoA logic. Maybe when the new game gets a more definite release date they'll mention a separate Wolf Link amiibo finally.

Credo

I had taken a pretty firm stance on not buying doubles of characters I already owned, but I may have to soften that stance for the Link amiibo. The 8-bit Link is a no-brainer. I just hope I'm able to get my preorder in on Amazon this time without waiting too long.

_SAKY_

I had taken a pretty firm stance on not buying doubles of characters I already owned, but I may have to soften that stance for the Link amiibo. The 8-bit Link is a no-brainer. I just hope I'm able to get my preorder in on Amazon this time without waiting too long.

I'm with ya on Ocarina and 8bit Link. Still on the fence about to on toon Link and Zelda.

zroid

Banned
I got lazy and never picked up Toon Link Smash version soooo this dual pack is just what the doctor ordered. I must have Toon Zelda regardless.

I can't dig this without Diggeh ;-;

I really like the new Zelda series amiibo, I think I'm definitely in for 8 bit...Im hoping they wont be too hard to come by so I can hopefully get them all on sale lol

Also *washes hands* dem new amiibo cards. I'll be trying to update that thread so we're up to date.

SaviourMK2

Windwaker and Ocarina look fantastic, not gonna be getting the NES one, I just hate how 8-bit figures look in 3d format

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, thanks to Prime, ordering all the Zelda amiibo dropped from $50 to $40.

Poochy is already "temp out of stock", damn...

ZeroX03

Banned
Toon Link is best Link.

Tetra is best Zelda, shame that we got the Princess instead but still a great design.

Skyward Sword runner up for both.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The Zelda Amiibo boxes.... soooo nice!! Darn, more Amiibo cards to (eventually) get :p I hope Europe makes a new album that matches the other 4!

Also, did anyone notice that the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo featured was different? Think they plan on making that kind?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap, Poochy is now "currently unavailable". Though since we've got 5 months, guess that'll change.

Considering how smoothly things were going with Amiibo lately this is pretty surprising, especially the AC cards selling out so quickly. I wonder if it's Nintendo scaling back production or Amazon wanting fewer?

Jawmuncher

Considering how smoothly things were going with Amiibo lately this is pretty surprising, especially the AC cards selling out so quickly. I wonder if it's Nintendo scaling back production or Amazon wanting fewer?

I wouldn't look much into it. The preorder allocations are probably small to not have another Lucas situation at Amazon. But I bet come back.

I don't see these being like smash.

I wouldn't look much into it. The preorder allocations are probably small to not have another Lucas situation at Amazon. But I bet come back.

I don't see these being like smash.

That's what I was thinking too. I didn't think the AC cards were that popular to sell out so soon.

They do have the Zelda amiibo up on Amazon Japan but shipping to the US for all 4 is 5800 yen. I'll wait!

More Japan exclusive Animal crossing amiibo cards coming up.
This time, a full series!

Each pack will contain 2 cards from a possible 6, and they will each have one of the following illustration cards aswell (not an amiibo card)

http://imgur.com/d2weFY2

in partnership with Sanrio, the Sanrio characters will not show up, BUT they will give out furniture.

Link here.

Nintendo japan with the images to the actual amiibo cards that are included, aswell as the series package.

Get to work on the OT Diggeh!

Top Bottom