• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Koppai

Nabbed it. Thanks LINEGaf

Female Corrin is the only one left now. I'm really sad Amazon stopped doing the 20% discount. I wonder if they lost a lot of money on it or something? They'll probably lose a lot of business with amiibo fanatics I'm imagining since GCU is king now.

Really wish Gamestop would get their shit together and get a better rewards system/work out that horrible shipping problem.
They stoppes discounts on Limited Edition and figures. So Best Buy is the only one left.

Will pick up MM and TP when I get off work. :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I signed up for a free trial of Prime. I feel like such a sucker.

So since Female Corrin will go up 28 days from today, and Amazon probably will pull this exclusive shit with her, too, I'm gonna hold off on cancelling until I order that Amiibo. It'll practically be my reminder to cancel, heh. And I'll get free two-day shipping to boot, which is the only nice thing about getting free Prime for SS Link today.
If it's like Amazon Canada cancelling doesn't actually cancel your membership, it just cancels your auto-renew.

Piscus

Sigh. My impulse and lack of knowledge made me buy this amiibo. Dag nabbit. There's too many Zelda amiibos already.

You could sell it to a non-Prime gaffer. I'm sure they'd love to take it off your hands, haha.

edit: To all the people without Prime, Reddit had this to say about bypassing the "Prime" requirement:
"Just add it to your wishlist. From there, you should be able to add it to your cart and checkout."
Not sure if it works, but worth a shot if you don't have Prime.

Frogstep

Oh fuck right off, Amazon. This was the only Link out of the 3 I was really going for and they do this bullshit.

You could sell it to a non-Prime gaffer. I'm sure they'd love to take it off your hands, haha.

edit: To all the people without Prime, Reddit had this to say about bypassing the "Prime" requirement:
"Just add it to your wishlist. From there, you should be able to add it to your cart and checkout."
Not sure if it works, but worth a shot if you don't have Prime.

Tried it. Didn't work for me. :(

edit: Got someone to try and do it for me but unfortunately it seems to be gone now. Fuck meeeeeeeeeeeee!

kunonabi

Oh fuck right off, Amazon. This was the only Link out of the 3 I was really going for and they do this bullshit.

Tried it. Didn't work for me. :(

edit: Got someone to try and do it for me but unfortunately it seems to be gone now. Fuck meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yep, I'm officially screwed on both MM and SS Link. Completely unacceptable from all parties involved.

Tomita

No luck going into the wild. Also, the selection in general where I am really sucks. Always see Daisy, Waluigi, the hippo chick from Animal Crossing, and Tom Nook. Maybe Mario; that's it. Been that way for months. And GameStop literally had one amiibo. It's just ridiculous out there now. ): Honestly I'm not going to bother trying physical retailers anymore. Strictly online for now on. I really wanted Majora's Mask, but at least I got Skyward Sword on Amazon earlier. (Sorry to those who didn't. I'd be in your boat if I didn't have the student trial of Prime.)

kunonabi

No luck going into the wild. Also, the selection in general where I am really sucks. Always see Daisy, Waluigi, the hippo chick from Animal Crossing, and Tom Nook. Maybe Mario; that's it. Been that way for months. And GameStop literally had one amiibo. It's just ridiculous out there now. ): Honestly I'm not going to bother trying physical retailers anymore. Strictly online for now on. I really wanted Majora's Mask, but at least I got Skyward Sword on Amazon earlier. (Sorry to those who didn't. I'd be in your boat if I didn't have the student trial of Prime.)

My Best Buys only got like 2 MM Links each so they were pretty much sold at as soon as the stores opened so hitting retail in my area is pretty pointless too.

kunonabi

On a more positive note, TP Link is fantastic. tons of detail, face looks good, good amount of sculpting, sword is straight, and the paint job is super clean too. I really want to see some pics of SS Link when he is finally in people's hands.

On a more positive note, TP Link is fantastic. tons of detail, face looks good, good amount of sculpting, sword is straight, and the paint job is super clean too. I really want to see some pics of SS Link when he is finally in people's hands.

Agreed! picked up my preorder today from EB Games, these things are like gold! nothing to purchase for walk-ins just enough allocations for preorders.

Fuzzy

A couple of quick pics of mine.

yrC3mIr.jpg

5MTk4N6.jpg

Got Majora Link in the mail, Skyward Link ordered on Amazon, and Twilight Link missing because fuck Gamestop shipping prices and their very small pre-order allocation

So wait SS Link went up. Didn't Amazon have Corrin player 2 as well?

Female Corrin's next month

Fuzzy

So wait SS Link went up. Didn't Amazon have Corrin player 2 as well?

Also I missed Ss Link
It went up as a Prime-exclusive in the US. Scroll up to see when. Canadians got it as a preorder back in April. Corrin P2 will probably go up on release day in the US, July 21st.

The_Kid

It went up as a Prime-exclusive in the US. Scroll up to see when. Canadians got it as a preorder back in April. Corrin P2 will probably go up on release day in the US, July 21st.

Ah cool.

Well at least I only have to pay scalpers for one Amiibo.

Haha also apparently I forgot Amazon De charged me for Twilight and Majora so now I have two of each. Shrug.

LiK

Keep an eye out on Japanese import shops. Sometimes they restock amiibos before other regions. If you don't care about packaging, get those.

JJH

I Gamestop next town over has Twlight Princess Link amiibo in, but still at work for another two and half hours.

giphy.gif

Well, I missed SS Link. Huge bummer, but I guess it was bound to happen. I've done really well with amiibo up to this point. Got my MM Link and it's wonderful. TP Link is apparently on its way...

What's this Discord server I've heard about? Any chance I could get in?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Email notifications aren't real-time so they're worthless.
Yeah it does. Which is why I had amiibo news twitter. Sending me notifications on my phone. Cannot rely on amazon for that. Got burnt on black Friday with their worthless notification system.

Yeah it does. Which is why I had amiibo news twitter. Sending me notifications on my phone. Cannot rely on amazon for that. Got burnt on black Friday with their worthless notification system.

Damn it i should have signed up for this.

Now i have to be super lucky and find someone that would trade me. Coz there is no way im paying more than retail for it

Tomita

Picked my GameStop link and a guardian amiibo. They had all the botw releases at my gamestop

Lol I'm so annoyed at how lame my GameStop was. Literally just one amiibo in the whole damn store. Think it was Daisy.

There were two Rider Link's behind the counter but, since they were behind the counter and all, I figured they were pick-up's or something. And then there was nothing else alongside them. Such a joke. But, you know, there's plenty of DC and Marvel Funko Pops, cause that's what a video game store needs, is comic book merchandise. :p I think the generic "nerd" section was bigger than the Nintendo section at the store.

I didn't realize they had these 3 all set as exclusives for today I though it was just BB. Guess I'll wait for restocks this feels like the first few original releases NOA shorting demands as usual. Usually the import ones aren't to bad but pricing is still pretty high guess they got shorted all over?

Same. I mean, I knew Best Buy and GameStop had exclusives, but Amazon with Skyward Sword? Nintendo doesn't mention that on their amiibo webpage, and usually they seem to indicate when stuff is exclusive in my experience.

Sushigod7

I didn't realize they had these 3 all set as exclusives for today I thought it was just BB. Guess I'll wait for restocks this feels like the first few original releases NOA shorting demands as usual. Usually the import ones aren't to bad but pricing is still pretty high guess they got shorted all over?

Fuzzy

You guys should really read the OP. Diggeh keeps it updated with all the info you need, including dates and retail exclusives.

RedBoot

LOL, totally forgot about SS Link. I wasn't specifically looking to get it, but I probably would have if I'd seen it in stock.

This is a good trial run for Corrin next month, though. I know what to expect now.

JJH

I'm new to amiibos. How often do they get restock? Or do they ever? I'm mostly looking for the new Link amiibos that were released today. I snagged a Twlight Princess and Skyward Sword, but really wanting the MM Link. Thanks in advance.

Sushigod7

You guys should really read the OP. Diggeh keeps it updated with all the info you need, including dates and retail exclusives.

True but seems like with this it wouldn't have helped.

I'm new to amiibos. How often do they get restock? Or do they ever? I'm mostly looking for the new Link amiibos that were released today. I snagged a Twlight Princess and Skyward Sword, but really wanting the MM Link. Thanks in advance.

The first few waves took about a year to get restocks. The BotW ones just got restocked that only took 3 months I'm not sure there is a easy answer. There have been a few that have never been restocked but most at least got it once.

Tomita

I do read the OP, I just forgot Amazon even had exclusives so I thought Skyward wasn't an exclusive, especially when I didn't see it mentioned on Nintendo's site before. Sorry?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYI Wal-Mart has Champion amiibo preorders up right now. I really can't decide if I wanna buy them or not, especially with Mipha's...weird face, lol. I also just started playing Breath in the WIld a week ago, so that doesn't help.

ag-my001

Do we know what the Champion amiibos do? I don't remember anything listed from the data mining that hasn't been accounted for.

Auto recharge of skills, maybe?

Top Bottom