• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

I never paid more than retail for any amiibo. And i have them all. The only one i missed is the skyword sword one. Im hoping to find someone willing to trade for it.

I've been randomly checking Gamestop's site for the TP Link amiibo and noticed that it now says that a few stores near me have them in stock. This wasn't the case all day yesterday and earlier today. I called all three in my town that it listed. One store never answered. The other two had them, but they were still for pre-orders. I'm assuming that's the case for pretty much every store that has them right now, but it's worth keeping an eye on for the next day or so because I think pre-order customers have 48 hours to pick something up.

LiK

TP Link won't arrive until next Thursday. Shipping from GS is ass. Best Buy is pretty much the best retailer with how they handled the amiibos. They open preorders and sell until OOS and they ship super fast.

SeanR1221

I've been randomly checking Gamestop's site for the TP Link amiibo and noticed that it now says that a few stores near me have them in stock. This wasn't the case all day yesterday and earlier today. I called all three in my town that it listed. One store never answered. The other two had them, but they were still for pre-orders. I'm assuming that's the case for pretty much every store that has them right now, but it's worth keeping an eye on for the next day or so because I think pre-order customers have 48 hours to pick something up.

Called all the stores that had new ones listed. They all said pre orders were picked up except the one store. They had 2 but the woman said the customer called today and said they'll be in tomorrow 🤔🤔🤔 I don't know if that's allowed

Tomita

Huh. When I check the stores near me, it literally shows every GameStop shop near my zip code and doesn't have any details like "only a few left, hurry in soon!" I kinda think it's just glitching? YMMV. (I live around Everett, WA. I highly doubt all these stores have stock all of a sudden.)

KingBroly

Banned
Seems like some people over on reddit have gotten their SS Link amiibo already and the packaging was 3rd world...yeah...not looking forward to getting mine.

Huh. When I check the stores near me, it literally shows every GameStop shop near my zip code and doesn't have any details like "only a few left, hurry in soon!" I kinda think it's just glitching? YMMV. (I live around Everett, WA. I highly doubt all these stores have stock all of a sudden.)

Check the app if you can. That seems to be better. It lists all of the stores in the area, but actually has a green checkmark if a store (supposedly) has one.

Tomita

Check the app if you can. That seems to be better. It lists all of the stores in the area, but actually has a green checkmark if a store (supposedly) has one.

Okay, in doing so the App seems supposedly more accurate. It's super dumb I have to use an app though, damn it GameStop. ): But thanks for informing me / the thread!

It says my local store has some, so now I gotta debate if I wanna trust it or not, haha. Considering how pathetic my local GameStop is in particular, anyway.

leroidys

Sorry to say this, but they've already gone up on Best Buy. That doesn't mean they won't go up again, but with how all this amiibo crap is going, you never know.

They already went up on BB. Unless you're waiting for them to be sold individually.

You missed the preorders on bestbuy.

If you wanna be safe, they're still up at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Samus-Aran-Metroid-2-pack-Metroid-Series-amiibo/55791832

Well damn, thanks for the tips.

The whole GameStop TP situation seems a little strange. Usually on release day, stores have a few extra and people line up for them. Which is what I did at Best Buy for MM. It's crazy how every GameStop around me only had the amount for pre-orders. Not a single extra.

ag-my001

Mipha was just at Target, but in the time it took me to change the quantity (friend preordered the other three at Wal-Mart for me), they were gone.

SeanR1221

Mipha was just at Target, but in the time it took me to change the quantity (friend preordered the other three at Wal-Mart for me), they were gone.

Is she so popular because of some weird fish waifu thing 🙆🏻*♂️🤔🤔

LiK

Well, looks like MM Link is going for around $30-40 in eBay atm. Prices are staying fairly low from the huge amount of scalpers posting them. I dunno how some sellers have sold like 18 of them. How is that possible with an exclusive? It's a US seller too.

Is she so popular because of some weird fish waifu thing 🙆🏻*♂️🤔🤔

She became waifu from the trailer alone. People made fan art the day she was revealed.

I should get my SS Link in the mail today. Checking the Gamestop site and app this morning and none of the stores show as having any TP amiibo available. I wonder if it will ever go up on their site or get restocked. I wonder if any of these will ever get a restock of any kind.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wouldn't today have been a good day to show up at a GS at opening in case people didn't pick up their preorders?

zigg

Miraculously not smushed SS, but the sword is bent like crazy. I love amiibo.
There was a tip somewhere in this thread (?) about using hot water (?) to soften up bent bits so you could straighten them and they'd re-set as they cooled.

I think.

Don't rely on my memory.

Still no luck on Gamestop's TP Link. I do have an extra BB Majora's Mask if anyone wants to trade. I'll probably try to get a post on our BST thread in a while.

Amazon's SS Link came today...in a bubble mailer. I guess its a good thing I open them because...that's unacceptable. Amazon shouldn't be allowed to have amiibo any more. No preorders, prime exclusive, shitty shipping? No thanks.

It wont even let me leave packaging feedback on it ironically too.

Haha check out the huge bubble mailer they sent my Skyward Sword Link in

DDL4Zt9XoAANYzf.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I got lucky with Amazonn... ordered something else with it that fit with it perfectly in a box, and actually helped protect it. Sure glad I ordered that item with it!

LiK

i got the same as well. Shitty bubble mailer for a figure.

I plan on opening it but I'm pretty disappointed how warped the sword is. This is Marth levels of warping. Not sure if this is a general defect or Amazon had this in one of the hottest warehouses.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Call them or use chat.
Just complain that the item has been damaged due to poor shipping. Because they can't replace it they'll offer you up something.

I wish using the CEO email would actually help do something (I did it with a different order issue I had), but no. I just got a "sorry" reply (they even tried to call me) but all I really wanted was something to change. They didn't even offer compensation -_-

spookyfish

Amazon's customer service has been really shitty lately (based on others' experiences). It's actually never been that good to me.

Jawmuncher

I wish using the CEO email would actually help do something (I did it with a different order issue I had), but no. I just got a "sorry" reply (they even tried to call me) but all I really wanted was something to change. They didn't even offer compensation -_-

Amazon's customer service has been really shitty lately (based on others' experiences). It's actually never been that good to me.

It the past it has been good to me. But yeah lately the CS has been pretty bad. I think they either changed companies or made new rules. I have pulled teeth with them the last few times with nothing to show for it.

Credo

Allow me to echo how terrible Amazon's shipping has been for a while now. The last 3 limited/collector's editions of games I got from Amazon were sent in bubble mailers and were smushed horribly. If you're a perfectionist about quality, pay the premium and order from GameStop (as bad at that seems to many). It'll cost maybe $10 more, but they've always sent me everything in a box with air pillows or something else to keep the item stable. I would say go for Best Buy instead of Amazon, but Best Buy has sent the last 2 LE/CEs I ordered in bubble mailers, so they're slipping too.

I open my amiibos, so I'm glad I don't have to worry about the packaging being in great shape, but I seem to have gotten unlucky anyway. My MM Link came with a scratch/indentation on the front of his tunic and 2 discolored, silverish lines on his boot. Not like I can exchange it either. Feels bad.

Tomita

People have complained to Amazon about amiibo packaging before, but I think they just don't care. ):

My box got kinda dented, but I don't keep mine in their packaging, and the amiibo itself looks fine. My first amiibo with a sword, and it's not bent, yay! It just, like, slightly droops down at the tip if you're being super nitpicky. But it's also like 90°F outside so I lucked out there.

Top Bottom