• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ampere Analysis: Console market 2022 review: Hampered by lack of hardware availability

Topher

Gold Member
It's not speculation.
Xcloud is tied to gamepass ultimate, and had around 10m users (people who played on xcloud).
With MS expanding xcloud data centers globally, they will need more xsx for these data centers.
They can't finish it that fast, or else they will have tons of issues with xcloud.

Unless you have an article or proof saying flatly that Microsoft is expanding xCloud globally then it is, in fact, speculation.

feynoob

You seem triggered by my trigger. You are full of copium, can’t handle facts it seems. Shouldn’t you be busy with school and work my guy? Or only when it suits you?
I am sorry, but I am not a fanboy like you.

What I have stated have been common sense, which you can simply do a search.

Just because I am busy with my studies, it doesn't mean that I can't post anything.
I just don't have time for that acquisition thread.

feynoob

Unless you have an article or proof saying flatly that Microsoft is expanding xCloud globally then it is, in fact, speculation.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebus...hnology-is-now-available-in-26-countries/amp/
Microsoft recently announced it would be launching its Xbox Cloud Gaming service (xCloud) in Brazil, Australia, Mexico, and Japan. This expansion means that the program is now available in 26 countries around the globe.

On September 30th, xCloud was made available to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers in Brazil and Mexico. One day later, the service was launched in Australia and Japan.

“Since cloud gaming is powered by custom Xbox Series X consoles, that means these games are being played on an Xbox in the cloud, bringing faster load times and improved frame rates to the gameplay experience,” said Catherine Gluckstein, Microsoft’s head of Project xCloud.

Topher

Gold Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebus...hnology-is-now-available-in-26-countries/amp/
Microsoft recently announced it would be launching its Xbox Cloud Gaming service (xCloud) in Brazil, Australia, Mexico, and Japan. This expansion means that the program is now available in 26 countries around the globe.

On September 30th, xCloud was made available to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers in Brazil and Mexico. One day later, the service was launched in Australia and Japan.

“Since cloud gaming is powered by custom Xbox Series X consoles, that means these games are being played on an Xbox in the cloud, bringing faster load times and improved frame rates to the gameplay experience,” said Catherine Gluckstein, Microsoft’s head of Project xCloud.

That's 2021, dude.

demigod

I am sorry, but I am not a fanboy like you.

What I have stated have been common sense, which you can simply do a search.

Just because I am busy with my studies, it doesn't mean that I can't post anything.
I just don't have time for that acquisition thread.
J6u0xBB.gif

I love it when fanboys always calls another person a fanboy and acting like they aren’t.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
How is it a respectable number? Xbox One, at this point, had sold 18-19 million consoles.

if Xbox Series is not able to surpass Xbox One despite (1) Game Pass, (2) buying Zenimax, (3) buying 13 additional studios, (4) Spending $10 billion in the division, (5) and selling a $229 console, how is that respectable?
Wii U sold less than 14 millions units. So 18 millions is respectable. Is it enviable, especially considering the investments taken by Microsoft? Maybe not. But there is bigger failures than that in the gaming space. They can find the games to do better like the PS3 did. But this is not looking good this year.

demigod

Imagine calling the person who shits on MS a fanboy.
There is a reason why I don't engage with fanboys.
Imagine pretending to be neutral.

They were already done with xcloud hardware late 2021, they were boasting about beating the competition in late 2021/early 2022. You think they put more hardware into xcloud again? You’re delusional like those fellas thinking they are holding back hardware now for Starfield. Keep coping.

feynoob

Imagine pretending to be neutral.

They were already done with xcloud hardware late 2021, they were boasting about beating the competition in late 2021/early 2022. You think they put more hardware into xcloud again? You’re delusional like those fellas thinking they are holding back hardware now for Starfield. Keep coping.
Mate I don't even have a xseries console, while I have a ps5d. I play primally on my PC, because I use my PC a lot.
I don't care about Sony or MS., Because it's a meaningless debate for me.

If you want to feel good about yourself, I bought more PS games, while I only have Bethesda games from Xbox side.

LOL Ampere again which for some reason is less reliable than Super Data. Though they did get one thing right, Xbox Series X supply issues not being resolved.

Ampere said that the Xbox Series was at 13.8 million by June (not end of June) which makes this 18.5 impossible. It also means that their 13.8 could be off by 1 million given the margin of error so they are ransacking their own numbers now.

XBX US NPD HW:
Jun-22: 260K
Jul-22: 247K
Aug-22: 251K
Sep-22: 288K
Oct-22: 261K
Nov-22: 730K

With Dec US LTD of Xbox Series is close to 10 million.

What you see added is 2.03 million since june. When added to their 13.8 million estimate until end of November, that means at start of December just using US numbers only Xbox Series LTD was at 15.8 million, obviously with December NPD it's going to be over 16 million LTD worldwide with JUST US NUMBERS.

That would mean between the rest of NA, UK, and every other country Xbox Series is sold in for over 6 MONTHS, PLUS whatever ALL countries sold in December, sold less than 2 million units in 7 months. That is the only way you can get 18.5 million.

If you actually believe that makes sense cash app me 10 grand and I'll send you instructions on how to teleport inside of your toilet from the roof of your house.

Just going back to that 16 million using ONLY US numbers, UK, Canada, and Mexico already move Xbox over 18 million alone over that 6 month period. That's not including rotw, or ALL countries in December which people seem to want to exclude that month for some reason but even if you did, that 18 million was already passed.

To break it down even simpler.

Ampere claims -13.8 million sales at start of June for global LTD.
NPD from June to end of November = 2.03 million.
Using Amperes base estimate LTD is now over 15.8 million.
December NPD will put Xbox over 16 million LTD globally, by how much is irrelevant.

That's only using US sales, for 7 months. Now do the same for rotw for 7 months of sales including two holiday months.

Last edited:

EN250

What "massive SX production choke point"? Anyone can buy an Xbox Series console at any time.

It's clear the S version is not the most desirable console, so they should be pumping as many units of the X version as they can, they only have forza bundles, more expensive and with a game already on gp

Would be a "valid" conspiracy theory if I think they're doing this on purpose, so they can claim being the underdogs and try to sway regulators with these kind of sales numbers, or that's too dumb to even think about it? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Imagine some of you guys discrediting Ampere Analysis, one of the most credible companies that consistently get numbers right, because it doesn't suit your narrative, and yet claim VG charts to be a reliable source instead. You guys are hilarious.

Has Switch wrong constant, had PS5 wrong 100% of the time when they tried to put out numbers before an official announcement.

I broke down how their number is literally impossible, it's only oddly recently that some boards are even taking Ampere numbers seriously because there's usually more reliable numbers elsewhere.

Go ahead and believe that Xbox sold less than 2 million units worldwide in 7 months if you want to, or remove the glasses and realize that in a real discussion the numbers hold no merit.

Also last I checked i don't see a single post in this thread saying Vgchartz is reliable. Where?

Ironically it you who's spinning what's not aligning with your narrative.

Last edited:

yazenov

Has Switch wrong constant, had PS5 wrong 100% of the time when they tried to put out numbers before an official announcement.

I broke down how their number is literally impossible, it's only oddly recently that some boards are even taking Ampere numbers seriously because there's usually more reliable numbers elsewhere.

Go ahead and believe that Xbox sold less than 2 million units worldwide in 7 months if you want to, or remove the glasses and realize that in a real discussion the numbers hold no merit.

Also last I checked i don't see a single post in this thread saying Vgchartz is reliable. Where?

Ironically it you who's spinning what's not aligning with your narrative.

Take 5 minutes off and see the usual suspects eating everything VG charts craps, and remove that Xbox rose tinted glasses.

Shipped or sold

Both, it has to have shipped and sold over 18.5 million by now, and by end of 2022. Sell through is likely globally because of S stuffing in DEC several hundred K higher than sold through but not much more because of a lack of X production.

If 16 million is for the US only through 7 months adding to XBS total LTD Rest of NA, UK, already bring that around 19 million in that 7 Month period, so add other strong Xbox locations, then rotw, you're clearly over 20 million, so I take it shipments must be around ~22-22.5 million by NOW because of S stuffing during Dec because of lack of X post-BF in US and UK, and ~20-21 million sold. Of course That's not including Feb since the month isn't over yet, but through Jan 2023.

Xbox got really lucky that they were able to coast somewhat in 2022 with no major releases. They got a break they have to make up for nd can't get away with again.

Also slightly relevant piece of information, Xbox was best selling console in Norway for 2022 oddly enough. Just reiterating that Xbox was given a one free pass on 2022.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
LOL Ampere again which for some reason is less reliable than Super Data. Though they did get one thing right, Xbox Series X supply issues not being resolved.

Ampere said that the Xbox Series was at 13.8 million by June (not end of June) which makes this 18.5 impossible. It also means that their 13.8 could be off by 1 million given the margin of error so they are ransacking their own numbers now.

XBX US NPD HW:

With Dec US LTD of Xbox Series is close to 10 million.

What you see added is 2.03 million since june. When added to their 13.8 million estimate until end of November, that means at start of December just using US numbers only Xbox Series LTD was at 15.8 million, obviously with December NPD it's going to be over 16 million LTD worldwide with JUST US NUMBERS.

That would mean between the rest of NA, UK, and every other country Xbox Series is sold in for over 6 MONTHS, PLUS whatever ALL countries sold in December, sold less than 2 million units in 7 months. That is the only way you can get 18.5 million.

If you actually believe that makes sense cash app me 10 grand and I'll send you instructions on how to teleport inside of your toilet from the roof of your house.

Just going back to that 16 million using ONLY US numbers, UK, Canada, and Mexico already move Xbox over 18 million alone over that 6 month period. That's not including rotw, or ALL countries in December which people seem to want to exclude that month for some reason but even if you did, that 18 million was already passed.

To break it down even simpler.

Ampere claims -13.8 million sales at start of June for global LTD.
NPD from June to end of November = 2.03 million.
Using Amperes base estimate LTD is now over 15.8 million.
December NPD will put Xbox over 16 million LTD globally, by how much is irrelevant.

That's only using US sales, for 7 months. Now do the same for rotw for 7 months of sales including two holiday months.

Dude........the Xbox Series isn't selling great around the world (ROTW). It's doing worse than the Xbox360 and that console did about 45% ROTW (outside of North America). No way you think the Xbox Series consoles are doing close to 40% now ROTW.

Dude........the Xbox Series isn't selling great around the world (ROTW). It's doing worse than the Xbox360

It's not.

No way you think the Xbox Series consoles are doing close to 40% now ROTW.

I don't have to think anything, the post you're ignoring is using actual numbers leaked out month to month until December. There's a clear mismatch no matter how you try to spin it.

It's almost impossible going by the NPD leak. 16m is about right.

10m US
2m UK
4m rest of world.

Except your misreading the NPD leak, as i showed.

is Xbox as Ampere, same source as here, was at 13.8 million at start of june, then US numbers alone over 17 months puts the LTD at OVER 16 million.

Which means the Xbox would have to sell less than 2M everywhere else to hit 18.5 which is literally impossible.

You're not looking at gains. If US alone by end of Dec puts Xbox Series over 16M, than during that 7 MONTHS of sales, UK + Canada + Mexico at minimum puts it over 18m.

You can't just look at numbers and not pay attentions to where the gains were. Whatever number Xbox Series at in US LTD before June at the end of may, you have to add over 2 million to that by end of November, and then whatever it sold in December you have to add on top of that.

That's ONLY US sales in 7 months.

You then have to do the same thing with Mexico, Canada, and the UK which also have 7 months of tracking you have to add on top of THAT number.

THEN you have to add the rotw, across the same 7 months.

18.5 million is literally impossible. Xbox was in a completely different place using Amperes own numbers in June, and even they have Xbox with a near 5 million console gain from that number by end of 2022. This dismantles your own argument because from the NPD leak, from June to Nov Xbox sold 2.03 million in the US, its strongest country without counting December, meaning that even if you include December, Ampere using both their own numbers is saying that around ~3 million consoles sold outside the US.

But again, problem is, with 13.8 from the start of June, adding the next 7 months until the end of the year puts with ONLY US numbers, Xbox LTD OVER 16 million. So if you add ~3 million from Amperes estimates to that, that's over 19 million. So even though Xbox sold more than that outside the US, even using Ampere's numbers that's still close to 20 million and not 18.5.

Truth is, Xbox was closing in on 2 million in the UK, and over 7 months from June to December we saw a big uptick to LTD in the UK, add that and Canada + Mexico, and that's over 18 million.

You're seeing 4 million rotw, and 2 million in the UK, but you aren't looking at where it was 7 months ago before the end of 2022, which this report is getting the 18.5 number from. Xbox had substantial gains in each area from end of May 2022.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I lucked out and was able to get both consoles launch day. I’m already prepared to just pay resell prices for the next gen

Woopah

Depending what other games release in the next 10 months, I would expect software to rise this year. And I'd also expect PS5 and Xbox Series growth to offset Switch decline. So the overall industry should be bigger in 2023 than 2022.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kinda GIF

I have to agree with mckmas8808 mckmas8808 . Microsoft did give regulators a lot of numbers. Enough where we can get much closer estimates than before.

These numbers might be close but I doubt the Series sold close to 30 million.

I don't know what Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin is doing but we know for 100% a fact that 18.5 by the end of 2022 is the MOST that the Xbox Series consoles have sold. Eddie has just gone crazy for some reason.

What "massive SX production choke point"? Anyone can buy an Xbox Series console at any time.
This is wrong, where I work we get skids of PS5 and recently received our first skid of series X in nearly 2 months, it has not been in stock anywhere in my city.

Major electronic big box store warehouse.

In Ontario right now.

Last edited:
I'm fine with those Xbox numbers, its been like a perfect storm, Sony released big games. Supply issues, while PS Got over their supply problems. I'm just not worried about America, believe they will end up close here when it all plays out.

Topher

Gold Member
This is wrong, where I work we get skids of PS5 and recently received our first skid of series X in nearly 2 months, it has not been in stock anywhere in my city.

Major electronic big box store warehouse.

In Ontario right now.

It isn't wrong. You can buy directly from Microsoft right now, including Canada.

Edit:

And Toronto has plenty of Xbox Series X at Best Buy that you can pick up.

Fm63OQD.png

Last edited:
It's not.

I don't have to think anything, the post you're ignoring is using actual numbers leaked out month to month until December. There's a clear mismatch no matter how you try to spin it.

Except your misreading the NPD leak, as i showed.

is Xbox as Ampere, same source as here, was at 13.8 million at start of june, then US numbers alone over 17 months puts the LTD at OVER 16 million.

Which means the Xbox would have to sell less than 2M everywhere else to hit 18.5 which is literally impossible.

You're not looking at gains. If US alone by end of Dec puts Xbox Series over 16M, than during that 7 MONTHS of sales, UK + Canada + Mexico at minimum puts it over 18m.

You can't just look at numbers and not pay attentions to where the gains were. Whatever number Xbox Series at in US LTD before June at the end of may, you have to add over 2 million to that by end of November, and then whatever it sold in December you have to add on top of that.

That's ONLY US sales in 7 months.

You then have to do the same thing with Mexico, Canada, and the UK which also have 7 months of tracking you have to add on top of THAT number.

THEN you have to add the rotw, across the same 7 months.

18.5 million is literally impossible. Xbox was in a completely different place using Amperes own numbers in June, and even they have Xbox with a near 5 million console gain from that number by end of 2022. This dismantles your own argument because from the NPD leak, from June to Nov Xbox sold 2.03 million in the US, its strongest country without counting December, meaning that even if you include December, Ampere using both their own numbers is saying that around ~3 million consoles sold outside the US.

But again, problem is, with 13.8 from the start of June, adding the next 7 months until the end of the year puts with ONLY US numbers, Xbox LTD OVER 16 million. So if you add ~3 million from Amperes estimates to that, that's over 19 million. So even though Xbox sold more than that outside the US, even using Ampere's numbers that's still close to 20 million and not 18.5.

Truth is, Xbox was closing in on 2 million in the UK, and over 7 months from June to December we saw a big uptick to LTD in the UK, add that and Canada + Mexico, and that's over 18 million.

You're seeing 4 million rotw, and 2 million in the UK, but you aren't looking at where it was 7 months ago before the end of 2022, which this report is getting the 18.5 number from. Xbox had substantial gains in each area from end of May 2022.

I genuinely don't understand what your talking about? It sounds like your just making stuff up.

I genuinely don't understand what your talking about? It sounds like your just making stuff up.

You don't understand because you aren't actually reading the post.

I don't know what Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin is doing but we know for 100% a fact that 18.5 by the end of 2022 is the MOST that the Xbox Series consoles have sold. Eddie has just gone crazy for some reason.

Except you're making this up.

These numbers might be close but I doubt the Series sold close to 30 million.

I never said it sold 30 million, why are you making up what I said? Also MS didn't give regulators numbers, they gave them percentages, which where shady and have been debated over here and many other places, which now all of a sudden some people have conveniently forgotten.

They gave the regulators the percentages versus Playstation. We have the numbers for the Xbox, Xbox 360, and estimated Xbox One. Just do the math.

So you already admitted that you made it up when you claimed that they told regulators Xbox sold 18.5 million but you're still doubling down on avoiding indisputable data with make believe.

MS did not give any percentages to come up with a guess on LTD, the Ampere data is being discussed precisely because it's not in line with what people thought before and people are wondering if they should pivot.

Remember, this is the same Ampere that has XBox at 12M end of 2021, 31.8 in 2022 before June, and now 18.5. Yet says last year Xbox sold around 8 million consoles.

Last I checked 12+8 was 20, so as I said, they are screwing up their own numbers.

Again, just US sales alone, using Amperes previous number of 13.8, US NPD leak sales I posted earlier for every month from June to November 2022, is over 2 million sales, just US ONLY.

13.8+2 is 15.8. December we don't have numbers but we know it's more than 200k. That's 16 million LTD for Xbox Series.

So if in 7 months US alone makes Amperes 13.8 number, become 16M. How can they possibly think the whole rest of the world sold less than 2 million units to sell 18.5 across 7 MONTHS?

This is incredibly simple to understand, you won't address it because it goes against worse numbers.

Again

XBX US NPD HW:

Add this to Amperes own 13.8 million LTD estimate for Xbox consoles at start of June, that adds over 2 million to the total making Xbox global LTD MINIMUM 15.8 million. December puts it over 16 million regardless and that's ONLY US. Rest of NA and UK clearly put it over 18 million across the same 7 months, and you STILL have rotw sales to add over that same 7 months.

This is not disputable, you can believe solid NPD numbers leaked out or you can believe a company with a mixed track record because you want Xbox sales to be lower than they actually are.

Last edited:
I never said it sold 30 million, why are you making up what I said? Also MS didn't give regulators numbers, they gave them percentages, which where shady and have been debated over here and many other places, which now all of a sudden some people have conveniently forgotten.

Typo I meant 20 million. I doubt the estimates are off by that amount.

Typo I meant 20 million. I doubt the estimates are off by that amount.

Explain to me the logic of believing that from June to December 31st 2022 all countries outside the US sold LESS than 2 million Xbox consoles? That's 7 months including 2 holiday months.

Everyone knows that doesn't make sense, the 18.5 is impossible.

for microsoft, if the number was good, they'd say it. so...

Actually Microsoft (Phil?) said they wouldn't reveal the numbers even if it was good. Nadella changed the focus of how sales were reported internally across the company years ago.

I personally don't agree with that strategy, and think that's going to backfire on him long term and lead to scrutiny for several Microsoft products, but currently outside of leaks, or an approved response don't expect them to give any sales numbers even if Star Field sold 30 million consoles in one week.

In fact, that's likely why we haven't gotten new Elder Scrolls Skyrim numbers yet. It has to be way above that 30 million years ago, and I think even Todd Howard said that but never gave numbers.

Side-effect of being acquired by Microsoft.

Explain to me the logic of believing that from June to December 31st 2022 all countries outside the US sold LESS than 2 million Xbox consoles? That's 7 months including 2 holiday months.

OK didn't know you thought it was less than that.

:messenger_winking_tongue:

Just kidding I'm sure Microsoft will update us with sales if it's tracking ahead of the XB1. If they don't then the estimates are probably correct.

Thirty7ven

Banned

The only thing keeping your bs afloat is MS hiding the numbers. Hell that’s the whole point isn’t it?

The only thing keeping your bs afloat is MS hiding the numbers. Hell that’s the whole point isn’t it?

I posted confirmed numbers.

You can keep running away from them but when you add the numbers I posted from NPD to Amperes 13.8 million from june it already puts the Xbox LTD ww with no other countries for 7 months, at over 16 million. Xbox cannot have sold less than 2 million worldwide from june 2022 until dec 31st 2022 across every other country but the US.

You can evade this all you want sand say it's BS despite those sales numbers being confirmed NPD numbers leaked out, but it only shows you can't possibly address the elephant in the room that these numbers are wrong. It doens't matter if we don't know the full numbers from MS, what we DO know is that it's not 18.5 million.

Just kidding I'm sure Microsoft will update us with sales if it's tracking ahead of the XB1.

Xbox one is in the back at this point, the question is now whether the Xbox Series is tracking ahead of the 360 still. Xbox One was only ahead of the 360 until mid 2015 or so. They have swapped places entirely now.

Top Bottom