• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Chucker

I've decided to jump on even though my 5S isn't really showing it's age just yet.
Gonna go 64gb 6S, on AT&T.

Anybody know what a fair price would be for me to try to offload my 5S? Space Gray, ATT, in the official Apple leather case since day one, no scratches, box etc is included.

I'm part of the naked club and hate putting cases and screen protectors on my phone. A good compromise for me could be this Sena pouch below. I'll probably get it in black. Just something I can slip it in when I'm on the go.

I can't go without an life-proof/otterbox case..I drop my phone way too much.

Mortemis

Banned
Getting scared because T-Mobile says my sister's iPhone is being processed still and she's really excited to get it Friday. Mine shipped Sunday but they're all being shipped to separate areas.

Basically have the exact same situation. I put her hopes down when she first ordered it since it was rose gold, but it would suck if mine came and she's still chilling with her barely working 5s.

Guess this means I'm not getting it Friday from reading the post in this thread. Unless they are delaying it since I'm on the bay area and it would mean it would get here from where they're shipping super early.

amykEze.jpg

Red

Verizon is being real shitty about me canceling service. They immediately disconnected our accounts, which means we are no longer able to access My Verizon. I need to get a copy of the termination bill in order to get Tmobile to cover our fees. We are signed up for paperless billing, which on Verizon means getting an email with an amount due and directions to log into My Verizon for the full account info. But I can't log into My Verizon, right? So I call to try and figure out how I can get a copy of the final bill, and after being put on hold for five minutes am told they cannot assist me because I am no longer a Verizon customer.

burgerdog

I ordered from the apple store app + verizon and my phone has yet to ship. It's still telling me that it's going to arrive on the 25th, though. Has anybody with that order combo had their phone ship yet?

Aurizen

I wonder if I would get it on time If buy it now haha.

2GB RAM, 3D Touch, better camera, 4K video, new aluminum body, tougher glass...

Try to get informed before making that kind of post, yeah?

How tough the glass is and how will 4k compare to the Note phones? the 6S+ is only 1080p display so it isn't true 4k right?

derek212

Verizon is being real shitty about me canceling service. They immediately disconnected our accounts, which means we are no longer able to access My Verizon. I need to get a copy of the termination bill in order to get Tmobile to cover our fees. We are signed up for paperless billing, which on Verizon means getting an email with an amount due and directions to log into My Verizon for the full account info. But I can't log into My Verizon, right? So I call to try and figure out how I can get a copy of the final bill, and after being put on hold for five minutes am told they cannot assist me because I am no longer a Verizon customer.

When I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T I first made sure T-Mobile was fully paid up. Then I went to AT&T and they did the rest for me. They ported the number and I also think they spoke to an T-Mobile rep also to make the change on their end. That was it ! I didn't have to tell T-Mobile anything but just make sure the bill was paid up. I think may not be 100% correct but you might have lost your number and also might have to sign up as a new customer for T-Mobile which you lose all the benefits from switching over.

Red

2gigs boss.

2GB RAM, 3D Touch, better camera, 4K video, new aluminum body, tougher glass...

Try to get informed before making that kind of post, yeah?

He's been in this thread a few times saying the same shit over and over, ignore him. Enough people have wasted time responding to this troll.
When I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T I first made sure T-Mobile was fully paid up. Then I went to AT&T and they did the rest for me. They ported the number and I also think they spoke to an T-Mobile rep also to make the change on their end. That was it ! I didn't have to tell T-Mobile anything but just make sure the bill was paid up. I think may not be 100% correct but you might have lost your number and also might have to sign up as a new customer for T-Mobile which you lose all the benefits from switching over.

I'm already on T-mo. They ported my number directly from Verizon, and told me all I needed to do was provide them a copy of the paper bill listing my termination fees. But I was signed up for paperless billing, which means I never received a full copy of the bill, but only a monthly balance and directions to log onto My Verizon in order to view the full bill. Now that I am locked out of My Verizon, I cannot access the bill, and Verizon is not cooperating in order to give me one.

Rootbeer

Banned
Mine still hasn't shipped, hah. But I live in a very populated area, so I think they'll ship it last minute. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't ship till Weds.

I'm so excited to see how well i'll adjust to the 6S Plus coming from a Nexus 5. I think I will manage, but if I have to I'll return it and get a 6S. Going to try my best to not do that though, as I really like the extras the Plus models have to offer.

For me, going from a 4S, this is going to be, like, incrediballs.

It will be like waking from a nightmare. I know because I still have a 4S laying around I use sometimes for game stuff (secondary accounts etc.), it's a real chore dealing with the severe unresponsiveness of it. It was only a mild issue in iOS 7 but became really bad in iOS 8 and iOS9 is barely any better (though I do feel it's a TINY bit improved)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Guess this means I'm not getting it Friday from reading the post in this thread. Unless they are delaying it since I'm on the bay area and it would mean it would get here from where they're shipping super early.

amykEze.jpg

Something is funny with the rose golds. My other device has a tracking number but for some reason rose golds seem to be stuck at processing according to the Internet.

Not sure if it is a T-Mobile issue or an Apple issue.

Hattori

Banned
Why would people buy this, when the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are the EXACT same thing! Other than two tiny improvements, and a 100$ higher price tag, nothing has changed with the 6s.

Isn't the 6s still running on a gig of ram? Anyway tiny improvements aren't worth the upgrade in my opinion. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and its good enough for me.

So same thing as last year's model, just with 3D touch? And 1GB of RAM (is this 2011)?! Pass!

...lol

I've decided to jump on even though my 5S isn't really showing it's age just yet.
Gonna go 64gb 6S, on AT&T.

Anybody know what a fair price would be for me to try to offload my 5S? Space Gray, ATT, in the official Apple leather case since day one, no scratches, box etc is included.

Depends on the size. High-end is $175-$200, low-end is $115-$130. That's just for the phone. You'll get more for including accessories/chargers, but not from sites like Gazelle.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yep, some woman on Twitter just her iPhone delivered early (by accident, I presume). She ran the Geekbench scores, and the single-thread performance is ridiculously fast... much faster than the iPad Air 2.

Something is funny with the rose golds. My other device has a tracking number but for some reason rose golds seem to be stuck at processing according to the Internet.

Not sure if it is a T-Mobile issue or an Apple issue.
You know, call me silly but I wouldnt be surprised if this wasn't intentional. Apple did engineer the iPhone 6 box to take exactly 7 seconds to open. I wouldn't be surprised if later this week they ask suddenly switch to shipped and arrive all on the 25th.

Also, any links for the "stuck in processing"? For the rose gold?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
You know, call me silly but I wouldnt be surprised if this wasn't intentional. Apple did engineer the iPhone 6 box to take exactly 7 seconds to open. I wouldn't be surprised if later this week they ask suddenly switch to shipped and arrive all on the 25th.

Macrumors has a separate thread for each carriers preorders. Go check out their T-Mobile thread to find the latest info.

Aurizen

Why would the screen resolution dictate what resolution it can record in? Yes, it records in real 4K, 50Mb/s encoding

hmm i would think to get the true 4k experience you would need a screen with the right resolution to match it. I've read articles saying true 4k are on big screen TV's and stuff.

Aurizen

Man, the iPhone 5s was a pretty great phone based on Geekbench. That A7 powah.

yeah even compared to the iphone 5 it has a lot of power kinda mad I got the 5 and never waited... now I'll get the 6s and only the S models from now on because of this.

I don't understand the bolded. What does the time it takes to open the box have to do with the estimated delivery date? Or anything, for that matter?

SegaShack

FYI Staples has IPad Air 2 models for $150 off this week. I got myself the 64GB Space Grey model, really enjoying it (my first tablet). It will help me hold over with my iPhone 5 for a while. I ended up cancelling my 6S+ Preorder and will hold off until I can get it when I renew my contract.

hmm i would think to get the true 4k experience you would need a screen with the right resolution to match it. I've read articles saying true 4k are on big screen TV's and stuff.

On the iPhone screen, it'll use that extra resolution so you can zoom into the video and it'll keep the same level of detail

Otherwise, yes, the benefit is watching them on a 4K TV. Or, if you're one for "future proofing," that. It's absolutely not devalued by only being watched on a 1080p cellphone screen

Multicore is as fast as air 2
Single core is 40% faster than air 2

eqmmxai.gif

Top Bottom