• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

RP912

Banned
NXT just lost it's mojo for a minute. It's starting to become background noise around these parts. Even my wife whose a big mark for NXT fell out of love for it. I dunno what it is...lack of Zayn? need of a extra hour? Nothing major going on in the promotion?

I fell for the hype honestly.

Kaladin

I've seen this feud twice before and Steen has always played the same gimmick in every promotion I've seen him in.

So?

The fact that they've done it multiple times elsewhere and are doing it again in WWE who btw is know for not rehashing indie stuff speaks volumes of how good these two are together.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So?

The fact that they've done it multiple times elsewhere and are doing it again in WWE who btw is know for not rehashing indie stuff speaks volumes of how good these two are together.

They do Cena and Orton a dozen times. Doesn't mean it's good for everyone.

somedevil

NXT just lost it's mojo for a minute. It's starting to become background noise around these parts. Even my wife whose a big mark for NXT fell out of love for it. I dunno what it is...lack of Zayn? need of a extra hour? Nothing major going on in the promotion?

Alot of people still enjoy it. Zayn is back now and they are building to the next pay per view. Plus using this topic as the judgement of NXT is not the best when they are in such demand they added another show for the start of the tour in Philadelphia.

Kaladin

NXT just fell into a rut because they didn't have a special to build to and had to tread water for a month.

They've got a special in May though and will be back firing on all cylinders soon.

RP912

Banned
Alot of people still enjoy it. Zayn is back now and they are building to the next pay per view. Plus using this topic as the judgement of NXT is not the best when they are in such demand they added another show for the start of the tour in Philadelphia.

hmmm Philly you say...

I'm not throwing the towel on the promotion, it just feels underwhelming at times. Maybe it's time to add another hour because they have a good roster but showcase the same damn guys ala WWE. It gets played out but dammit Enzo can take up thirty minutes though...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fact that people mark out about the NJPW version of this still gets me.

A lot of people still really like Okada. I've gone from liking Okada to being pretty 'eh' about him and I fear eventually I'll be, 'if they keep showing that this promotion is constantly about Okada then I'm going to end up hating him.'

Unless you mean Shinsuke and Tanahashi, which I think they have better matches with each other than Tana/Okada do.
Cena/Orton has always been bad. Steen/Zayn was always good.

I don't get the comparison.

Tanahashi/Okada are always highly technical, physical matches. Doesn't mean I'm not sick of seeing them personally. I don't get why it's an issue if I don't like NXT though. I didn't say the show is shit. I said, 'this is why I don't watch it.'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Orton and Cena do try every time they have a match, but the crowd is sick of it and it ruins any effort they put in. Hell it even gets me and I missed the first 2/3rds of their matches!

Crowds can make shitty matches great, great matches shitty, and good matches into unwatchable ones.

It's been pretty bland for the last month. Usually the quarterly specials are when it picks up. The Zayn vs Owens rematch just isn't as interesting as previous title matches, but maybe they'll surprise us.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I finished the final RAW of 1995 last night and have now seen in the past year or so The Year of Hell from both companies, well, except I still have a few Nitros to get through.

RAW...is actually pretty good in 1995. One hour to get the feuds over, squash some enhancement talent, have one or two real matches and the same number of segments. 1993 was uneven and started off weird. 1994 was a transition year with the commentary team always in flux but by 1995 they've got things down. Plus with the edition of INY instead of five PPVs to promote they had 10, only missing the ones between RR and Wrestlemania so RAW became the primary show in this year. In 1993 it was still Superstars and in 1994 it became more 50/50.

The PPVs on the other hand....yeah. Everything in between Royal Rumble 1995 and In Your House 2 is somewhere between the worst WWF ever put on and at best, bland. The end of the year is great though with two extremely strong shows in Survivor Series 1995 and In Your House 5, with two of my favorite main events of all time.

Goldust is finally here and he is the real harbinger of the Attitude era, even more so than KOTR 1996 Stone Cold.

Sephzilla

NXT has been in a rut since Wrestlemania. They're basically trying to hold their own until the next not-PPV where Zayn/Owens gets wrapped up. That and it seems like since they know Itami, Balor, and Zayn are not long for NXT, so they're trying to build up some newbs.

16BitNova

NXT has been in a rut since Wrestlemania. They're basically trying to hold their own until the next not-PPV where Zayn/Owens gets wrapped up. That and it seems like since they know Itami, Balor, and Zayn are not long for NXT, so they're trying to build up some newbs.

I think it would help if it was at least a half hour longer. Add some more promos. Get more story in there.
Also maybe another title?

somedevil

You know they are building up for
Itami vs Owens with the Japan tour coming up. Imagine them taping a title match in Japan for the tour when he wins the title in front of the home crowd with a GTS.

NXT has lost a lot of its luster and I think that has to do with the fact that they continue to have holding pattern shows and a noticeably weak roster at the moment.

NXT was built up by the fact they had so many people who were obviously not developmental and now that ratio is pretty even and it drags the shows down.

Personal stuff.

I think I'm shaving my head tonight. I don't want to be that guy that tries to hold on too long.

tumblr_msiczqHAAD1r0bwkso1_400.gif

Alucard

Banned
NXT has lost a lot of its luster and I think that has to do with the fact that they continue to have holding pattern shows and a noticeably weak roster at the moment.

NXT was built up by the fact they had so many people who were obviously not developmental and now that ratio is pretty even and it drags the shows down.

Neville was more important than we thought, friends.

How was LU tonight?

Meltzer on GFW

Jeff Jarrett has been contacting talent of late. We don’t know all the people contacted but if guys are good and not under contract with ROH or TNA, or guys whose contracts he knows are expiring, those are the guys he’s after. We’ve heard mixed bags on pay. Scott D’Amore and Sonjay Dutt are working with Jarrett from an office capacity as well. Dutt has been calling talent. Jarrett has offered at least some talent the possibility of 39 dates, although the company has noted they’ve got the 12 dates confirmed which were announced and the other 27 are dates not yet confirmed. They are now calling a ton of people, pretty much the guys in ROH without a contract are the key names we’ve heard, with Roderick Strong being the biggest name out of that group. Other names we’ve heard being talked with include Team 3-D, Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters. A key to this is going to be whether Jarrett or ROH winds up with the New Japan connection, because a lot of the talent wants to go to New Japan and will align with whichever company can get them there the smoothest

XenoRaven

I give Hulk and Savage a pass.

The ultimate example of hanging on too long was Manu Ginobli before he buzzed his hair.

Ambrose should start weighing his options. Maybe consider that transplant suregery.

Wwe news

The plan for Lana long-term right now is to be the female face of the company once her babyface turn is completed. At least that’s the long-term plan this week. Vince McMahon feels that part of the transition has to include a reveal that she’s really American. The plan is to keep the Lana name, although there has at least been talk of C.J. (Her real name is Catherine Jo Perry), with the idea C.J. makes people think hot blond because of the character Pamela Anderson played in “Baywatch.” What will be interesting if they do or don’t put pressure on her in that position to not post photos in social media of her still dating Rusev after they do the television break-up. Either way will be extremely telling of how they view the current audience and social media.

Evidently the disappearance of the curb stomp has to do with advice from the legal department, likely from the fallout of the concussion lawsuits. The move was also removed from his entrance video, and when they show clips from WrestleMania, the curb stomp is no longer the finishing move that laid out Lesnar and Reigns.

Top Bottom