• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Discussion Thread [JP date = 4th June]

duckroll

Jaded Alyx said:
It's not an RPG.

Sure it is. It's a town simulation + RPG. There are tons of RPG elements in it, and MMV's site lists it as a RPG, while Rune Factory Frontier is just "Simulation".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
schuelma said:
Crystal Bearers should be removed IMO. If it does surface, its probably going to be something completely different anyways.

Eh... what they showed last year was already so different than the E3 2006 footage, and it looked... complete. o_0 I mean it has 3 seconds of in-game footage, but the world and characters looked pretty finalized.

If it surfaces in the next three years I'm thinking that's how it's gonna look. But I think it'll be earlier than that, two FFCC games came out this year alone. Square's obviously looking to build a franchise.

Desi

Now that I think about it. The King in MLAAK and the boy in Crystal Bearers share a lot of similarities. The outfits even look very similar. Maybe he grows up and gets a face tatoo.

duckroll said:
Sure it is. It's a town simulation + RPG. There are tons of RPG elements in it, and MMV's site lists it as a RPG, while Rune Factory Frontier is just "Simulation".

Fair enough but...how does that make sense?

duckroll

wsippel said:
Dengeki released a few new Fragile screens and artworks last month, though, as far as I know.

No, they didn't. That's exactly my point. They had a preview which introduced some of the gameplay mechanics, but instead of showing any NEW screens, they had SD drawings of what the gameplay elements MIGHT be like instead. All the screens were old. That's a pretty telling sign that they're in no way ready to show anything new in the game. Vaporware total.

Jaded Alyx said:
Fair enough but...how does that make sense?

I don't know, how does it not make sense?

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
No, they didn't. That's exactly my point. They had a preview which introduced some of the gameplay mechanics, but instead of showing any NEW screens, they had SD drawings of what the gameplay elements MIGHT be like instead. All the screens were old. That's a pretty telling sign that they're in no way ready to show anything new in the game. Vaporware total.

Eh, I don't care how long it actually takes to come out, just that it does. As long as we get small bits of information to remind us that it's alive, I'm cool.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Desi said:
Now that I think about it. The King in MLAAK and the boy in Crystal Bearers share a lot of similarities. The outfits even look very similar. Maybe he grows up and gets a face tatoo.

Face tattoo?

And in Ring of Fates you can buy a coat like the one in the Crystal Bearers trailer. It's the best coat in the game, IIRC.

I really, really find it hard to believe it's cancelled.

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
Eh, I don't care how long it actually takes to come out, just that it does. As long as we get small bits of information to remind us that it's alive, I'm cool.

I'm excited about Fragile too! I'm just saying, it's pretty much vaporware for now, until we see some sort of actual blowout. Better to concentrate on games that actually look like they've been in development for long enough to be released sometime soon!

Desi

Andrex said:
Face tattoo?

And in Ring of Fates you can buy a coat like the one in the Crystal Bearers trailer. It's the best coat in the game, IIRC.
that tear drop thing on his cheek.

So the coat is kind of popular fashion?

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm excited about Fragile too! I'm just saying, it's pretty much vaporware for now, until we see some sort of actual blowout. Better to concentrate on games that actually look like they've been in development for long enough to be released sometime soon!

Right, ok, I hear ya.

But still, I'm glad the Wii is finally getting some JRPG support. Actually I'm happy ANY next-gen consoles are getting JRPGs at this point considering I haven't been really happy with any of the currently released ones.

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
Right, ok, I hear ya.

But still, I'm glad the Wii is finally getting some JRPG support. Actually I'm happy ANY next-gen consoles are getting JRPGs at this point considering I haven't been really happy with any of the currently released ones.

I think it's great the JRPGs are starting to show up in full force too. It would be nice once we get back to the point of actually having lots of threads about PLAYING JRPGs instead of threads about why there are no JRPGs on XXXX system. :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
I think it's great the JRPGs are starting to show up in full force too. It would be nice once we get back to the point of actually having lots of threads about PLAYING JRPGs instead of threads about why there are no JRPGs on XXXX system. :lol

I'm just glad some one besides Mistwalker* is making them.

Artoon, cavia, feelplus

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
I guess Namco heard you: http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=10197

Duderz

Banned
Just read up on this game from the Famitsu thread. Sounds (and looks) great! Now there are three Wii games I'm looking forward to! (Oboro, Fragile, and now this)

agrajag

Banned
duckroll said:

It only makes sense. Market leader + JRPGS = makes sense. The curse of Yamauchi is waning.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not much stuff on the site yet, but I dig the logo.

That city screen reminds me of the entrance to Baticul.

king zell

arc.jpg

duckroll

Hope the site opens up more soon. Lots of sections there that can't be clicked on! It's the World Destruction site all over again. :lol

duckroll

http://www.imageepoch.co.jp/blog/?p=12#more-12

Mikage has updated his blog, talking about Arc Rise Fantasia. He's happy that it's finally announced and he goes on to say some interesting things.

- The visuals you see in the magazine are only 70% complete and not final
- Currently all cutscenes have no facial motion and are rather lifeless
- The team is working very hard to improve the visuals and the lifeliness of the event scenes
- Next month they'll be announcing the voice cast for the game

- Image Epoch has 4 production lines now: Luminous Arc development team, World Destruction development team, Arc Rise Fantasia development and Unannounced game development team

- There are sprite teams and 3D teams within Image Epoch, and the sprite teams will continue to work on DS hardware, while the 3D teams will work on Wii and PSP hardware

This is the first time he's mentioned PSP as a platform for Image Epoch games, so that's pretty interesting. It also confirms that Arc Rise is developed by a seperate team from Luminous Arc. It seems that the Famitsu article was referring to Mikage, the MMV producing and Mitsuda as "Luminous Arc staff" who are working on the game. Whew.

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
And they're other project, "Project DF", is probably for the PSP.

I dunno, I won't be too sure about that. The unrevealed game is definitely Niinou's game. It could be on PSP, but I'm expecting it on DS. I guess we'll see.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yay for direct feed. 70% huh? Can't wait for more media + a trailer in the future.

Atreides said:
I try to go to that link, and:
"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /game/coming/1216164_1407.html on this server."

:(

Could someone post the screens?
If you get a forbidden error, copy+paste or press enter in the address bar.

CrisKre

This is the type of quality I would expect Square_enix to bring to the wii. Marvelous is really building something good over in Japan, and their focus on wii will surely end up rewarding them in the long term. Pretty good business vision where almost ALL other 3rd parties failed. so yeah:

+1 Marvelous
-1 SE (for now)

Top Bottom