• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Discussion Thread [JP date = 4th June]

Sagitario

Skits are in? NIIIIIICE! Hopefully they're voiced for the American release! DotNW skits are the best! Vesperia's are really nice too...

Do we have any info. about the music/composer?

MotherFan

I'd like to see ToSDoTnW numbers too, I don't think it is over 450k total, which still is a good number for a low budget spinoff.

Aeana

Farore said:
Skits are in? NIIIIIICE! Hopefully they're voiced for the American release! DotNW skits are the best! Vesperia's are really nice too...

Do we have any info. about the music/composer?

Mitsuda is working on the game, although he probably hasn't done every song, if his past few projects are anything to go by.

From the latest entry on IE's blog, looks like the updated site has been uploaded on the servers at midnight (Japan time), and should be available on the 20th as promised. This update will include :

- a new trailer
- some gameplay movie(s)
- a release date announcement
- some "talk" (skits ? Talk about the game ?)
- new BGM(s)
- additional characters descriptions
- various infos

duckroll

Ydahs said:
What?! So early? I hope this game doesn't bomb :(

I wouldn't be too hopeful at all. This is a MMV published game, so it's important to keep expectations in check. They're not a big publisher and they definitely don't spend much on marketing and stuff at all.

Aeana

Actually... upon re-reading the thing, it looks like the date might not actually be the release date, but an announcement of an announcement. It's worded REALLY poorly "Release date revealed (3/6) in... 14 days" Sorry. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
Man, that's terrible. The announcement of announcement curse is spreading to smaller publishers too, wtf. :/

The best part about announcements of announcements is that since they inevitably get posted on GAF before most people check the webpages, most of us tend to experience them as announcements of announcements of announcements.

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
The best part about announcements of announcements is that since they inevitably get posted on GAF before most people check the webpages, most of us tend to experience them as announcements of announcements of announcements.

Lol. :(

What happens when other sites pick up on it and report is as "A poster on NeoGAF has revealed that..."? Is that an announcement of an announcement of an announcment of an announcement? :/

Ydahs

Aeana said:
There are also a ton of new gameplay videos in Gallery->Play movies.
Why are they so damn short?! So bloody annoying. I'd rather have three or four twenty second movies than a couple dozen two second movies.

Some notes on the videos:
Very low-quality! I really like the special effects and think the character models look pretty good. The art style is very attractive, though the battle environments seem pretty average (can't really judge too well from only two bloody seconds of footage).
The animations really flow and don't look clunky at all, though the anime art flashing before a special move is done looks kinda lame.

What I don't like is the enemies instantly disappearing after they've been killed. An animation would've been nice. Also, does anyone else think that the colors are too washed out? Most of the characters are dressed in pink, light blue, yellow, etc.

Oh, there's slightly longer videos in Gallery, with a Tales of Disco inspiration in the second. The battle system is a bit confusing becuase I can't read the Japanese, but it does look very interesting.

Also, BGM-2 sounds awesome! Any Gaffer willing to translate some of the new information? Hopefully once it's out in two weeks, we'll get some positive impressions from J-GAF! Oh, so it's not out in a fortnight?

duckroll said:
Lol. :(

What happens when other sites pick up on it and report is as "A poster on NeoGAF has revealed that..."? Is that an announcement of an announcement of an announcment of an announcement? :/

Brain cramp!

kenji

good things: the BGM 2-3-4 (mitsuda *_*) and the battles

bad things: Low quality images and videos or big downgrade? :( also horrible framerate on the battles :| i hope those are just video problems

Vinnk

Well when I played it at TGS the framerate was good. Unless they screwed it up since then, this is just the video.

yankee666

I really hope this game turns out to be good. The videos i saw on the site doesnt scream quality, it looks like a ps2 game, maybe is fault of the res of those videos, cause the images as i remember are different thing

Volcynika said:
I know they're short, but I put em on YouTube anyways:

Unfortunately they look realllllly pixelated, but I'm not sure if I can fix that, since I'm leaving for work shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1OJ_M0G-RA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8CAXEECGsU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgEAaiLP9Gw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSd69KJ57WQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_dLCW6gSpk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELWZz-U34so
Hmm Ydahs wasn't joking when he said they were too short :/
I can't tell what's going on either.. special attacks, prehaps?

Volcynika

SilverLunar said:
Hmm Ydahs wasn't joking when he said they were too short :/
I can't tell what's going on either.. special attacks, prehaps?

Yeah. I'll see what I can do when I get home, but it might not fix it. :/

&fmt=18

Put that at the end of the url, and you'll see them in "high quality", it's not a big difference, but see if it does make it even a bit better for you guys.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stumpokapow said:
No, the best part is when those GAF posts get linked elsewhere as news, and then someone links them back to GAF in typical GAF->Internet->GAF fashion. I'll let you guys do the math with this :p

EDIT: damn, Ducky beat me... but I still win :p

birdchili

does this have an open, explorable overworld? or is it more of the "paths between cities and dungeons" that's part of the new jrpg way?

birdchili said:
does this have an open, explorable overworld? or is it more of the "paths between cities and dungeons" that's part of the new jrpg way?
Overworld.

72351520080929_070906_8_big.jpg

duckroll

birdchili said:

There's an overworld, like Tales of the Abyss.

kenji

new trailer shows a good graphic, so it seems there wasn't a downgrade overall :D

really liked it, hype returns!

Urban Scholar said:
I could swear I've seen art like this before...somewhere, has this artist worked on anything that I may have come across?

Eureka 7, X'amd I would have said from the original art. But, from the most recent art it looks more like Fragile...

Twig

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
Eureka 7, X'amd I would have said from the original art. But, from the most recent art it looks more like Fragile...
Same artist as Eureka 7. I know nothing about X'amd. Same guy?

Top Bottom