• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are PS5 exclusives the flag bearers of Ray-Tracing this generation?

Are Sony games/exclusives the flag bearers of Ray-tracing for this coming generation?

• Total voters

Nickolaidas

Shh 🤫. Hide that QUICK!! It goes completely against today’s rhetoric, you might actually get banned for that, that game doesn’t exist, because if it did, that would mean XSX has already shown the most impressive example of Ray Tracing and we just can’t have that right now smdh
You're so funny.

Except that you're not.

I don't think that anyone here actually believes that XSX is a bad console. The basic argument is that Halo infinite looks like shit and did XSX a major disservice.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

if we based on recent showcase and consider their first party studio capabilities..yes

..for now

unless ms keep screwing up like halo infinite did

Last edited:
For consoles, it could. We have seen zero footage running on an actual Series X. It's all been on PCs running specs "comparable" to the XSX. Last gen, we know how MS overshot those comparable specs with XBO HW, with most launch games getting downgrades. And in Forza's case, it was all in-engine, running on God knows what PC. No mention of comparable specs in that vid.

Journey

Banned
You're so funny.

Except that you're not.

I don't think that anyone here actually believes that XSX is a bad console. The basic argument is that Halo infinite looks like shit and did XSX a major disservice.

That’s like Xbox fans focusing on Godfall because it looks like shit, while ignoring everything else that’s great on PS5. Halo isn’t doing a disservice, did you actually play the game? What if it’s a 10/10 because it’s actually a fun game with a great campaign Story and multiplayer? Isn’t it weird how we switch the focus to whatever best fits our agenda? Halo wasn’t the graphical flagship for Xbox (Riddick) it wasn’t for 360 either (Gears of War) but now suddenly it’s doomsday for Series X because it doesn’t look the best? Halo never did, it’s about how much fun we had with the game and it’s mechanics that revolutionized FPS’ on consoles. Of course we wanted it to look amazing, no one is saying they expected it to disappoint graphically, but it’s not going to affect how amazing UE5 games will look on Series X and multiplatform games performing better due to the extra horsepower.

Xbox Series X will be the best place to play Halo Infinite, 4K/60 FPS and HDR. Could it have looked better? Sure, but those asking for 4K/60 HDR should check themselves, because even the PC has a hard time with that requirement. Should we go back down to 30fps and never break the cycle?

Rage on warriors, but make up your minds.

Nickolaidas

That’s like Xbox fans focusing on Godfall because it looks like shit.
Godfall isn't the most renown IP of PlayStation. It is a nobody's game which can afford to be the epitome of mediocrity.

Halo is a symbol and deserves a LOT better than this.

oldergamer

No, for the most part sony didn't have a lot of interest in pushing RT. they will use it for certain special effects, but i don't expect we will see entire games using it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Nope stuff will look infinitely better on PC and Xbox will do the same in the console realm.

• LOL
Reactions: MrS

Warnen

No one said that but you just said PC will look better & Xbox will do the same. I'm asking you to show some indication that Xbox will do the same.

Besides the Xbox Series X being more powerful hardware? Guess I don’t have any. It’s a graphical effect not magic. If one system with the proper hardware can do it, the other with better hardware can do it as well.

Jesus the console warring horse shit has to stop at some point right?

Besides the Xbox Series X being more powerful hardware? Guess I don’t have any. It’s a graphical effect not magic. If one system with the proper hardware can do it, the other with better hardware can do it as well.

It really depends if there's something that's making RT more difficult on the more powerful hardware. Remember issues with the dev kits can affect RT performance as well.

onQ123

Xbox Series X does not have better hardware it just have higher compute FLOPS numbers PS5 has the better rendering output I been telling people this for months

I mean why else would DMC:SE not have RT at launch on the Xbox? Heck before the delay Halo Infinite was supposed to get RT via a patch. Hardware isn't everything.

At the moment we have seen more demonstrations of RT from Sonys 1st parties than Microsoft. I'm not saying it's the hardware that's the problem but the GDK was known to cause some issues as stated by Digital Foundry.

Last edited:

geordiemp

When asked for evidence to back your power with no proof claim, you complain about console warring.

RT takes allot of power, not just TF power also effective Caches with fast access to data for BVH.

Show dont tell.

Last edited:

GHG

This didn't age well.

I suspect there's a lot more to come in the next month or so as well.

As a wise man once said:

CRHSh6BWEAAMicU.png

Closer

If you ignore whatever is happening on PC space, then I mean, yes, you can say Sony 1st party are flag bearers. Otherwise, it's just selective Focus.

reinking

Gold Member
SOME PCs will have better. Some of us scrubs are at least a year away from having a fancy GPU upgrade that can pull off better rtx/performance than the consoles.

Ogbert

They’ll make a big deal out of it. At the same time, none of their graphical showcases will run at 60fps.

Warnen

Look at you being passive aggressivly negative about ps . How unusual. Its a joke at this point reading ur posts. 😅😅🤣🤣

Nah just salty I paid for a broken game, wounds take long to heal. I expect more from a 1st party game then floors and texture not loading in.

Top Bottom