• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you playing FF16 demo in Graphics or Framerate mode?

Graphics or Frame Rate mode

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m playing in Frame Rate mode and it still looks incredible… amazing!

I started the game in graphics mode but I couldn’t take it for more than 15 seconds of walking.

30FPS is absolutely unplayable for me these days. I’d rather there not even be an option and for the dev to focus their optimisation efforts for 60FPS only because there isn’t a display in the world that doesn’t support 60hz.

40fps could totally be a standard option though because I actually feel the responsiveness is acceptable whereas 30FPS just feels utterly unplayable so May as well not exist for me.

Last edited:

Hugare

Graphics is the ideal one, imo

Game looks very blurry in Performance, and it doesnt hold a stable 60, not even close.

Quality looks much better and holds 30 fps much better in comparison. It also has very good motion blur (imo) and framepacing.

It also has great input delay. Feels like a Souls game on consoles, that usually run with Vsync off to have better input delay. They managed to get that feeling with vsync on, somehow.

Luipadre

Quality. Outside of the 15 fps eikon battle it feels great. The motion blur is high quality but its too much. I wish i can reduce the intensity of it

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm not playing the demo, but intend to play in graphics mode in the final release, unless there's an improvement in the resolution for the framerate mode in the launch version or if it comes in via a patch. As much as I like 60fps gameplay, I already would appreciate the art assets a lot more at a sharper resolution.

I hope Rebirth can reach the heights of FF7R on PS5 which achieved 1512p locked 60fps, 2160p locked 30fps.

Last edited:

Rush2112

Banned
I usually favor performance but 4k looks really nice and I just let my eyes get used to it. The frame rate was smooth and only stutters was at the starting castle courtyard.

GymWolf

I'm gonna try graphic mode, i hate uncapped, unstable framerate more than i hate 30 fps.

Does anyone has good ingame hdr settings for this one?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Whatever gives me the lowest possible framerate.

AdorableHarmoniousCowrie-size_restricted.gif

Aion002

Graphics. Didn't even try the perfomance mode.

Most games at 30fps feels sluggish these days (RE8 and Cyberpunk are unplayable to me at 30 frames) However, FFXVI is one of the exceptions, I dunno what they did but the game played perfectly for me in graphics mode.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Any way of improving smoothness in non-game picture mode on LG G2 OLED? Game mode does feel better but loses brightness.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It’s gonna be a tough one…

Teslerum

Graphics mode.

Near locked 30fps vs an unstable performance mode. Though that may already be fixed if the news above is true that's an older build.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Will start with graphics and stay there if performance is too blurry and spotty. If performance mode is good, then 60 of course
I am fine with 30 and I think it's way too big of a topic this gen, to the point that it clouded peoples brains. 60 60 60 60 oh shut up

Last edited:

Shtof

Game looks very blurry in Performance, and it doesnt hold a stable 60, not even close.

Quality looks much better and holds 30 fps much better in comparison. It also has very good motion blur (imo) and framepacing.

It also has great input delay. Feels like a Souls game on consoles, that usually run with Vsync off to have better input delay. They managed to get that feeling with vsync on, somehow.
I agree with this guy, it is blurry, but on other hand... who cares if it is blurry when it is smooth like butter?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Man 30FPS is hard to digest on an OLED, and I am usually not very sensitive about these things. Had to change to performance to be able to play.

StueyDuck

I'm only gonna get the time to play this demo tomorrow, what is the recommended play, fps or fidelity? is the 60 dip dramatic?

Quantum253

For those playing on graphics, walking around didn't feel like walking in mud? Everything seemed slow and sluggish. I'm not a 60 PFS purist or anything, but it did feel different

Quantum253

I thought that was the motion blur? Moving the camera around the open rock area blurred out the background and made Clive have this weird static blur around his body/head. It hurt the eyes at first

Quantum253

i know but i was just curious on the general consensus now that people have had fair time with it, first impressions last and so on.
For me, I didn't like the sluggish feel of visual, but didn't like the jitter/blur of the twitchy camera movement in performance. It probably will time to get used to

Top Bottom