• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you playing FF16 demo in Graphics or Framerate mode?

Graphics or Frame Rate mode

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fbh

Played in framerate.
It can get pretty blurry during combat but it does feel much smoother. Outside of combat the performance isn't great but the image looks a lot sharper.

The drop in overall quality as soon as combat starts is quite jarring though:
Here the scene when the character is talking to you
P3Ltf1R.jpg

and then a second later when combat actually starts:
pbiu7Cg.jpg

It's the first game I've played that does this (or at least in such a notorious way)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Played in framerate.
It can get pretty blurry during combat but it does feel much smoother. Outside of combat the performance isn't great but the image looks a lot sharper.

The drop in overall quality as soon as combat starts is quite jarring though:
Here the scene when the character is talking to you
P3Ltf1R.jpg

and then a second later when combat actually starts:
pbiu7Cg.jpg

It's the first game I've played that does this (or at least in such a notorious way)

I think the director or someone said that they're aiming to have the combat be at least a solid 60 but said they can't guarantee the rest of the game will be as well.

Looks like a heavier DRS kicks in when the game sees you in 'combat mode'. A unique approach to say the least.

I'd just use the Quality mode in this, personally. The town traversal frame rate gets pretty choppy from what I've seen.

Reactions: Fbh

nikos

Graphics mode is unplayable. Frame rate mode looks soft and still doesn't feel great but I'm definitely using that.

Last edited:
Graphics mode is unplayable. Frame rate mode looks soft and still doesn't feel great but I'm definitely using that.
Graphics mode isn’t unplayable im loving it - feels pretty smooth as well - only thing I don’t love is the motion blur is actually intense, it never usually bothers me in games but there’s a ghosting effect

Last edited:

FingerBang

I tried the frame-rate mode but switched to graphics after noticing the framerate's inconsistency. I have a VRR TV, and it still sucked. I might go back to it if the final code is better, otherwise, the graphics mode is more than playable.

Quantum253

Graphics mode isn’t unplayable im loving it - feels pretty smooth as well - only thing I don’t love is the motion blur is actually intense, it never usually bothers me in games but there’s a ghosting effect
I know it's a demo, but hopefully that can be patched soon. Moving the camera is making Clyde look like he's distorting time and space and becomes extremely distorting. I played another game to make sure it wasn't me and everything was fine, started playing FF demo again and the blur kills my eyes

Dibils2k

always Graphics, unless i play it and find it very choppy

this game is not like that so i am sticking to graphics, i didnt buy a next gen console just to play 1080p 60fps games... go buy a PC if you want 60fps at all cost

Ferdimage

Might give graphics a go, I tend to go straight to performance, as GOW and Forbidden West looked nice enough and was buttery smooth.

It's an old build so maybe it will improve but combat drops the resolution and it seriously looks like 720p or something. It's good that it sticks closer to 60fps in combat but it can still tank even at such a low resolution.

I think I'll wait for the PC version as some of the assets are seriously beautiful looking.

Dzab

It's an old build so maybe it will improve but combat drops the resolution and it seriously looks like 720p or something. It's good that it sticks closer to 60fps in combat but it can still tank even at such a low resolution.

I think I'll wait for the PC version as some of the assets are seriously beautiful looking.
Do we have confirmation that it's an old build?

I enjoyed the demo, just looks a bit soft, fps isn't the best, and the motion blur is strange. Worst case scenario I'll wait for the PC version

mopspear

I'm playing on performance and the Eikonic battle section felt like it was always running at 60 MEGAPOWER but sometimes it felt like it went down much lower around the castle part of the first part of the demo. The swamps ran fine though. Maybe all that foliage it didn't like. I only have a 1080p TV and the game already looks so nice that I don't know if I'd switch to Graphics Mode. I value consistency in frame rate a little so maybe if it gets bad later on with the full game, I'll try it out.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Playing in performance mode but they have to lock the frame rate more than this with a later build or day one patch. Really, really uneven so far. Also I want to see more of 40 fps mode as standard in every game! Why they don't do that :_

xion4360

the framerate mode is too inconsistent for me, and does look significantly blurrier than quality mode so im playing quality.
I usually play through games in quality the first time through to see it at its best, and then switch to performance for post game stuff.

Top Bottom