• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON |OT| Souls in the Shell

Sleepwalker

Done. Finished.
Difficulty was fine after chapter 2.
I never died in the arena and only couple of times in next chapters bosses.
My strength build was crazy effective.
I did had to sweat a bit but this is the build I found and game allowed me to do it.

Man. What a game. Great spectacle, terrible story and storytelling. I don’t understand anything as usual. But I felt attachment to some characters. Rusty my best guy. We need a sequel to learn how he ended up!

Youtubers rejoicing they'll get months of revenue from their bullshit lore/story theories lol

rofif

Banned
Youtubers rejoicing they'll get months of revenue from their bullshit lore/story theories lol
Wait for briefing, talk during deployment, end talk. Every mission. That was not a good story telling. Maybe the story is good? The idea is great

Sleepwalker

Wait for briefing, talk during deployment, end talk. Every mission. That was not a good story telling. Maybe the story is good? The idea is great
Oh no, I haven't played yet so I have no idea haha, I'm just saying we'll get an onslaught of lore videos for this game if the story is like this.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Haven’t had a ton of time to play, but I killed that stupid missile launching pile of trash can pooper scooper chapter 1 boss. :) What makes this good feeling suck? I hate the build I used to do it.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I've been playin this for a couple hours now,

The game is considerably easier than Sekiro and Bloodborne, you can just change your build on a checkpoint and melt the boss

Can anyone tried this build? I heard it completely melts anything in the game

P6EPaYF.jpg

Haven’t had a ton of time to play, but I killed that stupid missile launching pile of trash can pooper scooper chapter 1 boss. :) What makes this good feeling suck? I hate the build I used to do it.

The best way to defeat him is to use a dual plasma canon build and tank legs, i got the S rank on his mission pretty easily.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
can't believe I'm saying this but the 1st exclusive mission on NG++ feels literally impossible, no idea what to do even the tank is totally useless. I'm fully maxed out trying most OP setups I know of, nothing works

Last edited:

Fucking Bingo.

In fact, this is what irritates me about FROM games, the infinite amount of circle jerking AND the pretentious YouTubers that make a living around the BS lore of FROM's games.
That Vaati dude in particular is fuckin insufferable with that pretentious, overly dramatic "pause every other second" narration.

Again, I am a big fan of their work (FROM) but not a fanboy, the fact that they won't change their tune when it comes to actual explanation and a proper /normal way of story narrative since they've found their niche in the form of the free work the YouTubers put out for them is something that grinds my gears, I mean, it suits them well and they know it.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Fucking Bingo.

In fact, this is what irritates me about FROM games, the infinite amount of circle jerking AND those pretentious YouTubers that make a living around the BS lore of FROM's games.

That Vaati dude in particular is fuckin insufferable with that pretentious, overly dramatic "pause every other second" narration.

Again, I am a big fan of their work (FROM) but not a fanboy, the fact that they won't change their tune when it comes to actual explanation and a proper /normal way of narrative since they've found their niche and the the free work the YouTubers put out for them is.something that grinds my gears, I mean, it suits them and they know it.
I think what broke the camel's back for me was with Elden Ring and the whole George RR Martin publicity stunt, in the end ER just had a run of the mill "from software" world and lore lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think what broke the camel's back for me was with Elden Ring and the whole George RR Martin publicity stunt, in the end ER just had a run of the mill "from software" world and lore lol.
I personally really enjoy FROM game’s lore and story, my only problem is most of them we play as emotionless avatar. This is why I really enjoyed Sekiro story so much, we actually played as proper character.

rofif

Banned
By the way.
Here is a vid 1st(and last!) go at one of last bosses. I have to brag about it because I melted him in les than 90 seconds lol. I only have 1min recorded because of my mistake.
HUGE SPOILERS

Beginning of the fight, I shoot 2 stun needles at him. This is just after that.
it is 1st attempt, that's why I am so proud because I tilted and could not beat Balteus at the end of chapter 1.
Look how much has changed in 15 hours lol.
Btw, last boss melted all the same.

Edit: to brag a bit more, I’ve finished this guy by kicking him with a big pink tank. There is no better moment this year lol.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I've been playin this for a couple hours now,

The game is considerably easier than Sekiro and Bloodborne, you can just change your build on a checkpoint and melt the boss

P6EPaYF.jpg

The best way to defeat him is to use a dual plasma canon build and tank legs, i got the S rank on his mission pretty easily.
I used the tank legs and energy guns on my shoulder. Put points in energy weapons to boost those. Used a bubble gun and just nailed him with big energy shots. It’s not exactly my favorite build. Is kinetic energy mean shotgun damage?

The plasma shots from the shoulder took a huge chunk out of his health. I also had a bazooka in my right hand.

I’m playing the Arena before I continue. The Gatling gun does a lot of stagger damage. I’m just wanting a good build to get me to the credits.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
I used the tank legs and energy guns on my shoulder. Put points in energy weapons to boost those. Used a bubble gun and just nailed him with big energy shots. It’s not exactly my favorite build. Is kinetic energy mean shotgun damage?

Yes

I’m playing the Arena before I continue. The Gatling gun does a lot of stagger damage. I’m just wanting a good build to get me to the credits.

Each enemy has a particular weakness to a type of damage.

The game is basically Pokemon but with mechas.

NoobSmog

Fyi weapon damage is the first icon above a weapon, wasn't sure which icon it was until after i finished the game :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Have to hit right after contextual help then all the way down, it cycles down to the icons at the top.

P6EPaYF.jpg
I use the main hand since its the only explosive weapon primary that has a lot of ammo, it's good if you're going explosive, not op or anything. Songbird is really powerful at dealing stagger damage, almost too powerful but still feels fair. Stay the hell away from the stun needles if you don't want to completely break the game though. I couldn't do one of the last bosses fast enough for an s rank so I finally tried them out. Completely busted, both for stagger damage and actual damage. Obviously if people want to make the game easier though, go dual stun needles and don't look back! Doesn't matter what else you use.

I honestly wonder if they wanted to make the stun needle like the sword you get to use on storm king or the serpent hunter for rykard in elden ring, but they completely forgot to nerf the damage outside of the boss fight.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Fyi weapon damage is the first icon above a weapon, wasn't sure which icon it was until after i finished the game :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Have to hit right after contextual help then all the way down, it cycles down to the icons at the top.

I use the main hand since its the only explosive weapon primary that has a lot of ammo, it's good if you're going explosive, not op or anything. Songbird is really powerful at dealing stagger damage, almost too powerful but still feels fair. Stay the hell away from the stun needles if you don't want to completely break the game though. I couldn't do one of the last bosses fast enough for an s rank so I finally tried them out. Completely busted, both for stagger damage and actual damage. Obviously if people want to make the game easier though, go dual stun needles and don't look back! Doesn't matter what else you use.

I honestly wonder if they wanted to make the stun needle like the sword you get to use on storm king or the serpent hunter for rykard in elden ring, but they completely forgot to nerf the damage outside of the boss fight.
Time to disable that auto-update.

hoarfrost stomp

simpatico

Been working on builds and possible strategy in my head the past couple days. Don't really play on weeknights because my brain is blown out by that time. Sign of a quality game though. I'm gonna wreck Balteus's shop Friday night or Saturday morning. I just know it. I've got a flawless strategy cooked up.

NoobSmog

I'm going to post a couple things here that I only learned after finishing my first playthrough that I wish I knew earlier. At least I still have a decent amount of stuff to do though.

For the FCS part, if you have a high close-range assist value, you're weapons will auto target even if the target goes offscreen. This is extremely helpful in close range fights as your mech will spin completely around and still hit targets as long as they are close to you.

If you use energy weapons, your generator affects your damage and charge rate! Make sure you have a generator with high energy firearm spec if you are using energy weapons.

And lastly, every weapon has a different damage multiplier for when enemies are staggered. It's called direct hit adjustment when you toggle display on weapon stats. Really wish I knew about this one sooner when I was testing weapons out.

YukiOnna

I'm going to post a couple things here that I only learned after finishing my first playthrough that I wish I knew earlier. At least I still have a decent amount of stuff to do though.

For the FCS part, if you have a high close-range assist value, you're weapons will auto target even if the target goes offscreen. This is extremely helpful in close range fights as your mech will spin completely around and still hit targets as long as they are close to you.

If you use energy weapons, your generator affects your damage and charge rate! Make sure you have a generator with high energy firearm spec if you are using energy weapons.

And lastly, every weapon has a different damage multiplier for when enemies are staggered. It's called direct hit adjustment when you toggle display on weapon stats. Really wish I knew about this one sooner when I was testing weapons out.
Adding onto that, this is worth considering

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

What kind of impact does your generator have on kinetic/explosions? I get what you’re saying about energy. If you’re not focusing on energy then your generator can be at a lower grade? I’ll mess with it and see what I can make.

Meifu

After
one shot chapter 3 boss not sure if he was just dps check but was so cool. This is after prob 10 to 12 combined hours on balteus and sea spider and that motherfucking warrant officer

NoobSmog

What kind of impact does your generator have on kinetic/explosions? I get what you’re saying about energy. If you’re not focusing on energy then your generator can be at a lower grade? I’ll mess with it and see what I can make.
I think you only have to worry about your generator for energy weapons. I tested a pulse rifle with different generators and it was doing 400 dmg with one, and 490 with the other.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think you only have to worry about your generator for energy weapons. I tested a pulse rifle with different generators and it was doing 400 dmg with one, and 490 with the other.
Thanks. I’ve got a question. For tank legs, can you play the entire game with them equipped? I wanted to try out the SONGBIRDS, like you said, and I destroyed the sweeper from the trailers.

NoobSmog

one shot chapter 3 boss not sure if he was just dps check but was so cool. This is after prob 10 to 12 combined hours on balteus and sea spider and that motherfucking warrant officer
That warrent officer was the biggest wtf, is this guy supposed to be this hard fight for me in the game.
Thanks. I’ve got a question. For tank legs, can you play the entire game with them equipped? I wanted to try out the SONGBIRDS, like you said, and I destroyed the sweeper from the trailers.
They should probably be fine but someone else should probably answer this, I was using bipedal and reverse joint the whole game. But on one of the last bosses, I literally did not know how to dodge their attacks and ended up trading with them on damage, I SHOULD have switched to tank legs if I was going to do that, but didn't, lol.

_Ex_

Gold Member
I'm scared to browse this thread due to avoiding spoilers, but I'm playing AC6 right now. Long time fan of the series, this has not been disappointing thus far. I only started playing it yesterday (my PS4 copy finally came in). This evening I reached the Strider boss which I understand is a rite of passage. I'm for it, this is REAL GAMING SON.

Great post. I wondered why my mech was spinning at close range sometimes.

YukiOnna

Hit my 2nd wall with Chapter 4 final boss. I can do Phase 1 pretty consistently, but Phase 2 is a toss-up. Ultimately my hand gave out so shall try tomorrow.

Awesome fight though.

SJRB

Gold Member
Would you guys consider Climbing the Wall to be a difficulty spike? I haven't been able to play much the last couple of days but that mission just sucker punches me, can't even make it to the wall. Probably doing something very wrong but not sure what.

This is a game that takes a bit to get in the groove of things, you can't just sit down and play for like 20 minutes.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Would you guys consider Climbing the Wall to be a difficulty spike? I haven't been able to play much the last couple of days but that mission just sucker punches me, can't even make it to the wall. Probably doing something very wrong but not sure what.

This is a game that takes a bit to get in the groove of things, you can't just sit down and play for like 20 minutes.

A head on approach is not recommended. Start over the left flank and work from there.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Done. Finished.
Difficulty was fine after chapter 2.
I never died in the arena and only couple of times in next chapters bosses.
My strength build was crazy effective.
I did had to sweat a bit but this is the build I found and game allowed me to do it.

Man. What a game. Great spectacle, terrible story and storytelling. I don’t understand anything as usual. But I felt attachment to some characters. Rusty my best guy. We need a sequel to learn how he ended up!

Edit: according to trophy list, only 6,7% of people finished the game so far… or at least this ending
Apparently you have to replay the game another 2 times to get the hang of the story.

You get new missions in the 2 consecutive runs.

Lmao, I've been playing on Hardcore Mode this whole time, damn I'm good! I didn't realize that most of these OS upgrades are automatically applied rather than equipped, been literally playing the entire game with only Assault Armor unlocked (no upgraded repair kits, no kick, no dmg mitigation, nothing!), currently on chapter 4, Easy Mode starts *now* 😂

Edit: I legit feel like I'm playing God Mode now, this is too good 🥳

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
The game is a bit strange. The boss fights and the battles are fun especially the boss fights are 9-10 for me. The rest of the game is somewhere between 6-7.

And the presentation at -10. Dry texts before and after the missions. The characters don't even have pictures like in MGS. Then they still talk during the missions, 99% of which I do not get, because I'm just busy with survival.

The difficulty level is also way too high. In Souls games I could level up or get npcs/players to help and in Elden Ring I could go somewhere completely different. Here I am forced to do this one boss now. Which doesn't even have a savepoint before the boss room, so I have to do the whole level again. If I want to continue playing later.

The world looks quite boring and a lot of things are repetitive. The tinkering with the mech is a bit fun, even if I wish it was a bit clearer and easier to understand what all the stats mean exactly.

I'm currently stuck on the Bullethell boss (Balteus) with the fire sword. I've never gotten it down below 30%, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

MikeM

This game is far more technical than I thought it would be. Here I an stuck at Balteus trying to cheese him with a tank build. Got him down to 1/4 health a few times lol

I've noticed in From games there's no point in continuing to play once I go on "tilt". Put it down, come back in a couple hours. Every morning since release I've felt like I leveled up during my first morning session. In true RPG fashion, you can't truly level up without sleep. I'm stuck on Balteus too, but I know I'll crack him eventually. Game is fantastic, I'm thinking it's worth my finally upgrading the ol CPU just to get that locked 60. Need all the help I can get.
That's exactly how it goes. There is only so much "learning" you can do, and then you have to process it all. It's really cool and from games are the only ones I have to do that with

saintjules

The game is a bit strange. The boss fights and the battles are fun especially the boss fights are 9-10 for me. The rest of the game is somewhere between 6-7.

And the presentation at -10. Dry texts before and after the missions. The characters don't even have pictures like in MGS. Then they still talk during the missions, 99% of which I do not get, because I'm just busy with survival.

The difficulty level is also way too high. In Souls games I could level up or get npcs/players to help and in Elden Ring I could go somewhere completely different. Here I am forced to do this one boss now. Which doesn't even have a savepoint before the boss room, so I have to do the whole level again. If I want to continue playing later.

The world looks quite boring and a lot of things are repetitive. The tinkering with the mech is a bit fun, even if I wish it was a bit clearer and easier to understand what all the stats mean exactly.

I'm currently stuck on the Bullethell boss (Balteus) with the fire sword. I've never gotten it down below 30%, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for providing this. That sucks that there's no save prior to the boss. Hopefully I can manage when I get a chance to play this at some point.

Top Bottom