• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash is in the final of the Pokémon Kalos League, can he finally win one for the land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Spoilers at the end of this post.

New thread since it finally happened: Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, after almost 20 long years, is finally one step away from winning one for the land and prove he is The Very Best, as No One Ever Was. Can he win?

For reference, he has never passed Top 4. Until now. He is in the final.
927850a78be828f4de7fb985972071833d3832df_hq.jpg

The Pokémon Anime is currently on the episode 37 of the "X, Y & Z" series, and the secod part of the Final match, Episode 38, is airing in a few hours.

Standing in his way, is Alain, the Pokémon trainer with a Mega Charizard X who has been a constant rival in this season.

Yet, Ash has an Ace on his team, a special Greninja (Known in the series as Ash-Greninja) who can bond with him and unlock Shonen Power similar, but not quite like, Mega Evolution!

2KkjANK.gif

Can Ash beat Alain and finally become the League Champion? Or is he still going to taste the bitter tangy taste of defeat?

Team #ItsHappening.

Some context for those doubting Ash:
This was the final round of Ash's semifinal match

https://youtu.be/ivyQqgUpvKY

A good refresher on Ash's current power level.

Edit: Dream is dead.
vZMbew6.jpg

He will lose and we will learn the lesson of having high expectations but its okay to not meet them. Thanks for the update though, will watch.

Best wishes.

Eusis

If he does then at least they waited until the animation was great enough to make it worth the wait.

Gvitor

lmao @ thinking Ash is going to win

I'm gonna say no.

Nope. And suckers like you will continue watching the series, never getting to see Ash win a chip.

He will lose and we will learn the lesson of having high expectations but its okay to not meet them. Thanks for the update though, will watch.

Best wishes.

This thread was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Believe.

Tuck

Pretty impressed with some of the gifs I've seen of this season - looks like the show got a budget bump!

Ash will lose.

I'd say an Ash win is a lot more likely, and the only thing holding me back is the anime's track record. Ash typically loses to rivals introduced in the league, and wins against consistent season rivals like Alain, especially if he has a track record of losing to them before the league (Which is the case with Alain). Also, while future episode previews don't spoil the winner, some details make more sense if Ash wins

Toki767

People should consider that the next region they're going to most likely doesn't have a Pokemon League.

So his odds of winning this one are pretty high.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fun fact: Alain's Japanese voice-actor most famously played Harry Potter in the JP dub.

But we all know everyone knows him as Yuya "Mr. Egao" Sakaki

Anyway, League rankings...

Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn > Kanto >>>>> Unova

XY is looking like it'll fit right between Hoenn and Kanto, biggest issue is we didn't get to see many of Ash's fights except for the main ones and both Shota and Alain were introduced as rivals pretty late---Johto on the other hand had the first confrontation with Gary while every person Ash fought in the Sinnoh League had been established throughout the series, Nando showing his might at the Grand Festival, Paul serving as Ash's main antagonist and moral-rival, and Conway being the wild-card. Hoenn had the same issue, Morrison popped up a few episodes before the league and Tyson popped up right at the league, but I really liked how the writers did a lot only using the Hoenn Pokemon plus that's my favorite Ash team.

Fuck Cameron. Fuck Unova. Fuck Best Wishes.

ZiZ

where can I watch this? is it on crunchyroll or funimation or some other streaming site?

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters
Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters
-Ash to Pikachu in 5 hours

Velcro Fly

Gonna be like Dale Earnhardt winning the Daytona 500 and Raymond Bourque hoisting the Stanley Cup all rolled into one.

Sandfox

I agree that it seems more likely that Ash wins because Alain is his "strongest rival who he has never beaten before", but I'm not confident either way lol.

Repost for new thread:

Two teams: Team #ItsHappening and Team #ItsNotHappening.
If Ash wins the finals, Team #ItsNotHappening has to use punishment avatars provided by Team #ItsHappening for one month.
If literally any other result happens (Alain wins, draw, Team Flare shenanigans or some other scenario), Team #ItsHappening has to use punishment avatars provided by Team #ItsNotHappening for one month.
Current team lineups:
#ItsHappening said:
Mendrox
everyday math
Desmond
Hyperactivity
ShadyPenguin
Blackleg-sanji1
Bubble
kyo2004
WildEagle18
Rrongfiel
The 3rd Children
Gvitor
Spinosaurus
mocolostrocolos
MANUELF
Ecliptor
Garuroh
Conan-san
SalvaPot
NCR Redslayer
Wiseblade
sorakirosaki
KimiNewt
darkmark1987
exfatal
Crimson_Echidna
FSLink
VGChampion
NSESN
Watch Da Birdie
MaximumSpider
Sou Da
Aaron Strife
MicH
Hashmal_Bringer_of_Order
Gartooth
Serpens007
Disxo
SeroTyler
EMT0
doop_
Demoli
Hollycat
NZerker12
Supaidaman
weshes195
Hopeford
exfatal
SalvaPot
#ItsNotHappening said:
Pop-O-Matic
Kyzer
Ryouji Gunblade
Rebel Leader
Chase17

Last call! Sign up now or keep your misguided expectations to yourself so you don't have to wear an embarrassing avatar when you're proven wrong!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well, Ash won the Orange Islands League, though the fact that he sucks so bad they had to invent a region not in the video games is pretty telling.

The orange island league was full of loses so by logic only the best loser would win

Repost for new thread:

Current team lineups:

Last call! Sign up now or keep your misguided expectations to yourself so you don't have to wear an embarrassing avatar when you're proven wrong!

The fuck? get me off of there. I never took any bet

Nah Ash won't win.

But seriously can the Pokemon anime have a new protagonist? Ash can't even beat the elite four. He's been losing for 19 years in the anime and he still hasn't beaten a single region. Ash is Trash.

Why the hell can't he win another league? Orange was an eternity ago.

It's not like they if he wins one, that's it, seeing as their seems to be countless championships. I was only a teenager when this show aired, and now I'm gone up with a full time job and mortgage.

The poor kid's been 10 for decades chasing that stupid win, give him and us another damn break! WTF writers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom