• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of being a hobbyist photographer who likes cycling, a person might describe themselves as a Nikon shooter who likes riding Giant bicycles, accept no substitutes.

Have you heard someone actually talk like this?

Just got back from a great day. Saw battleship, thought it was alrightish. What bothered me most was the UMURICA shoot everything attitude, since the aliens didn't really seem aggressive until the navy started shooting at them.
It was Australian air force that saved the day though, so that was nice
. They also killed the actor I went to see the film for 30 minutes in =/ Best/worst part was either
when they were shooting based on the tsunami beacons and I realised they actually WERE playing battleship
OR
when they used the museum ship, as if that would really work and be full of ammo -_- but the old blokes helping was funny, I'll admit
. Went to karaoke after that, came home and died.

For a second there I thought you meant you went to see it for Neeson. That guy's erratic as. One minute he's in awesomesauce Taken and then in pile of shit Clash of the Titans.

I don't remember
the australian air force bit.
:s

I just went and read the wiki... apparently there was a post-credit scene! I missed that.

No offense to anyone who has but I don't know why people would willingly hand over $16.50 to see Battleshit.

The Avengers on the other hand!

They're the same movie. (My opinion is indisputable as I have seen both and I am me)
They both have amazing action sequences and effects, great comedic timing and plenty of deus ex machina.

I guess Avengers does have superheroes so it's cooler by default.
If only Taylor Kitsch was a superhero..drool.

Honestly, I kind of want to see the Avengers again.

No, scratch that, I really want to see the Avengers again.

I saw it again today! (in 3D this time, barely worth it)

midonnay

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Taylor Kitcsh was Gambit in the wolverine movie.

Hulk stole the show...

couldn't stop laughing when
he smacks Thor for no fucking reason

They're the same movie. (My opinion is indisputable as I have seen both and I am me)
They both have amazing action sequences and effects, great comedic timing and plenty of deus ex machina.

I guess Avengers does have superheroes so it's cooler by default.
If only Taylor Kitsch was a superhero..drool.

I saw it again today! (in 3D this time, barely worth it)

tumblr_lp9iyrLPBO1qi5uyeo1_500.jpg

Edit: Damn you mid!

I saw it in 3D too. By accident, I just went to the closest showing and it turned out to be 3D. Definite waste of time

For a second there I thought you meant you went to see it for Neeson. That guy's erratic as. One minute he's in awesomesauce Taken and then in pile of shit Clash of the Titans.

I don't remember
the australian air force bit.
:s

I just went and read the wiki... apparently there was a post-credit scene! I missed that.

I knew it! The lights never came up, and I was telling people to wait but no one listened ;.; damn it.

wasn't that obvious
but the flag was on the side of the planes, and I think they said something token like 'just in time ay mates'.

Neeson was too awesome for this film. He really felt like the token 'face everyone knows' actor :(

maladroid

west coast only played the first quarter and literally tanked the next three to prevent injuries on a cow patch of an oval.
I had no idea (was just going by scores). I don't think I've ever seen GWS play. Might see 'em next week, though. I wonder who'll be the first team to beat the Eagles.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Taylor Kitcsh was Gambit in the wolverine movie.

Hulk stole the show...

couldn't stop laughing when
he smacks Thor for no fucking reason

Oh yeah! I guess I tried to remove that film from my memory.

He exhausted his acting range doing Riggins's one or two facial expressions and two or three voices.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

probably true and he will always be Riggins to me anyway

wasn't that obvious
but the flag was on the side of the planes, and I think they said something token like 'just in time ay mates'.

Ah I completely missed that somehow.

Dead Man

Dude, hate on Marky Mark all you want, but don't hate on him for this.

Also, why the reference to Steam fanboys?
GET OUT OF MY HEAD! The Big Hit was a brilliant film. Bust some caps!
Hey I love me some Marky Mark but the Max Payne movie was a waste of everyone's time.

Also I was referring to any GOG thread becomes a battlefield for Steam fanboys to call anyone buying a game from GOG cunts since they said that massively discounted games are hurting day one sales of games. Which is true in a way but the GOG guys never meant it as Steam being bad, on the contrary they regularly say it is the reason why the PC gaming industry is so alive.
I haven't really seen that, must have been lucky so far.

He exhausted his acting range doing Riggins's one or two facial expressions and two or three voices.

Indeed. Dude is not pretty enough to get by with a lack of talent.

midonnay

both expansion teams making their opposition look silly this weekend it seems....

the Suns ahead of the kangaroos by a couple of points nearing half time.

Salazar

One of those shot at Robina Town Centre was a bystander.

Hope the police shut the fuck up with the "the public are not at risk from gang on gang violence" garbage.

I don't believe it is unless we actually have 2 random teams going. I know a few are out and about tonight.

I am sadly also going to have to bail. My parents surprised me with a family friend's birthday a half an hour ago, and I think attendance is mandatory =/ I'm really sorry.

How does next monday sound as a make up? I'm sure more people will be around then.

Yagharek

oh. Was it different in 3ds version? I'm playing that one and it was pretty cool mechanism.

Also, when do I get this horse to ride on?

Omikron

Streamed max Payne a but earlier. I think I suck at the game. Old age catching up with me. Remember not dying as much as I am.

Streamed max Payne a but earlier. I think I suck at the game. Old age catching up with me. Remember not dying as much as I am.

It was always a F5 -> 30 seconds -> F8 fest. MP2 has a better difficulty curve without enemies popping out of nowhere and hitting you with a bullet to the face from 100m away before you even see them.

Catch of the day seems to have a G27 wheel, shifter and pedals for $209 + shipping. No idea if that's a good price.

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=48145

Edit: Turns out the direct links to posts on the @AusGAF Twitter account work whether you're on a mobile or desktop browser, and it shows in the appropriate one (when on a mobile device it redirects to the mobile site), so there's no need to change that as I suggested earlier. It actually functions pretty well.

Kritz

Banned
Good to see you using the correct usage of GB, and not Gb. :)

Technically a gigabyte (GB) is defined as 10^9 bytes, or 1,000,000,000 bytes. A gigabit (Gb) is defined as 10^9 bits, or 1,000,000,000 bits. And, of course, a byte is 8 bits. So a gigabyte is eight times larger than a gigabit.

Conversely, many people believe that a gigabyte is 1024 megabytes, which is incorrect. A gibibit is 1024 mebibits, which is 1024 kibibits. The difference is that gibibits are 2^30, where a gigabyte is 10^9.

Thing is, nobody actually uses the binary prefix names, so people use the 1000 / 1024 thing interchangeably. Mostly because "kibibit" is a dumb name. There is an XKCD comic about that somewhere.

And I couldn't be bothered seeing which one the link used anyway!

Technically a gigabyte (GB) is defined as 10^9 bytes, or 1,000,000,000 bytes. A gigabit (Gb) is defined as 10^9 bits, or 1,000,000,000 bits. And, of course, a byte is 8 bits. So a gigabyte is eight times larger than a gigabit.

Conversely, many people believe that a gigabyte is 1024 megabytes, which is incorrect. A gibibit is 1024 mebibits, which is 1024 kibibits. The difference is that gibibits are 2^30, where a gigabyte is 10^9.

Thing is, nobody actually uses the binary prefix names, so people use the 1000 / 1024 thing interchangeably. Mostly because "kibibit" is a dumb name. There is an XKCD comic about that somewhere.

And I couldn't be bothered seeing which one the link used anyway!
Cod corrected me today over my over lazy usage or Gb as it looks better when written than GB which just always makes me think of garlic bread.
Stupid pizza store inventory system >_<

Fuck that. In my day 1MB (megabyte) was 1024KB (kilobyte). I'm not changing usage to kibi/mibi/etc just because of dodgy arse hard disk manufacturers and their perversion of the truth.

(For those who may not know the difference, according to hard disk manufacturers 1GB (1 gigabyte) is 1000MB (1000 megabytes), and 1GiB (1 gibibyte) is 1024MiB (1024 mibibytes), but this is a relatively new thing brought on because the hard disk manufacturers would label a disk as 160GB and us nerds would complain it showed up as 152GB, before that 1GB was 1024MB to everyone with a lick of sense)

Omikron

Fuck that. In my day 1MB (megabyte) was 1024KB (kilobyte). I'm not changing usage to kibi/mibi/etc just because of dodgy arse hard disk manufacturers and their perversion of the truth.

(For those who may not know the difference, according to hard disk manufacturers 1GB (1 gigabyte) is 1000MB (1000 megabytes), and 1GiB (1 gibibyte) is 1024MiB (1024 mibibytes), but this is a relatively new thing brought on because the hard disk manufacturers would label a disk as 160GB and us nerds would complain it showed up as 152GB, before that 1GB was 1024MB to everyone with a lick of sense)

Truth speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom