• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kibibit sounds like a Turkish dessert.

I lied, deek. That pic is of me. Shan can confirm.

Yup, now you can see why I didn't say hi.

Oh hey, if I go to that presentation will I be the only undergrad there? Because that's happened when I went to see interpreting presentations, and it was rather uncomfortable.

Gazzawa

Hi Aus Gaf

Thought I would introduce myself since I will be moving there permenantly this autumn.
Ive been an aussie citizen since I was 10. Moved to Perth from ireland when I was 7.
In ireland now finishing my degree.
all i can say is fuck this game cannot wait to be free of this place. All i ever wanted to do with my life was hit up the beach everyday and have friends around.

I feel pity for Ireland as a nation as they do not know the joy of having a tim tam after a pack of twisties whilst casually dropping a C bomb infront of their own parents.

Peace
say hi - I need frendzzzz

Gazunta

Hi Aus Gaf

Thought I would introduce myself since I will be moving there permenantly this autumn.
Ive been an aussie citizen since I was 10. Moved to Perth from ireland when I was 7.
all i can say is fuck this game cannot wait to be free of this place. All i ever wanted to do with my life was hit up the beach everyday and have friends around.

I feel pity for Ireland as a nation as they do not know the joy of having a tim tam after a pack of twisties whilst casually dropping a C bomb infront of their own parents.

Peace

Hi! Welcome to our hive of scum and villainy.

PCs or things that are not PCs
Do you have the ability to skim through pages of people talking about board games
How do you feel about Ricki Lee Coulter

Also, this means we'll now have two Gaz's here AND a Gez.

I'm not special any more :)

You are still a giant space lesbian Gaz, no one can take that from you.

Hi Aus Gaf

Peace

Welcome! (or future welcome back to our great land)

Will you be heading back to Perth or end up on our fair eastern coast? Make sure you bring some whiskey with you on the way over and you will quickly make friends over here. Also;
Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on politicians taking long taxi rides?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?
Any glass eyeballs?

Clipper

OK, SydGAF, it's getting close to board game time again. Current proposed date is May 6th (next Sunday).

Gaming Confirmed: Clipper
Gaming Maybes: Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk
Interest in dinner/drinks afterwards: Nobody ever responded :(

So yeah, scrap the full meetup afterwards, I guess, but hopefully it's close enough to confirm for the gaming day. Who's still able to come?

U9T1L.jpg

The shooting victim. Looks like a congenial chap.

I don't know how the shooter would have spotted him in Robina.

If you want to hide a tree, put it in a forest

Salazar

I don't know how the shooter would have spotted him in Robina.

As soon as that shopping centre went totally undercover, it started to fill up with bogans.

Putting a roof over the top encouraged the ideas that

a) no need to wear shoes, or even thongs, or even a shirt
b) highly possible to stay here all day

Yagharek

Now on Zelda hidden well dungeon. Not sure that falling through random floors is good, but it doesn't seem too complex a dungeon. Yet.

Song of Storms sounds like a SOIAF book. Its also very catchy.

Card Boy

Banned
Has anyone imported the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition? Apparently it doesn't have an online pass.

Don't flame me but I'm really enjoying MK vs DC Universe.

Fogz

Hi Aus Gaf

Peace

Hello Gazza :)

holy fucking shit.....craig thompson has left the labor party....
now a crossbencher :O
Great for Labor if they can keep him on their side while still sending him out to the wolves. Damage control.

Also TIL that his wife is super hot.
Also that baby face looks like a photoshop...
592654-thomson.jpg

Also latika Bourke continues to stir shit about no confidence motions. She so wants a spill.
Every journalist would blow their load if an early election comes, it would be like Woodstock for them.

Has anyone imported the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition?
Tempted but I would only play it for 5 minutes anyway, currently $30 at Zavvi.

Deeku

Also TIL that his wife is super hot.
Not bad.

Woo, thanks to the folders thing on the 3ds, I finally have my screen back to a neat single line of icons. Took a good while of fiddling though.

Oh hey, if I go to that presentation will I be the only undergrad there? Because that's happened when I went to see interpreting presentations, and it was rather uncomfortable.
How amazing would it be if you were the only one there? I say very amazing lol.

Clipper

What's on the cards for board games this month? More discworld?
Is that you agreeing to come on the 6th?

Discworld: Ankh Morpork will indeed feature as it was such a big hit at the last one (If we get 5 people, I'll sit out for it, seeing as I won all three games we played last time :p). Full set Fantasy Munchkin should also make an appearance. If Danoss is coming, then I'm sure he'll bring along some other goodies to play too (although this is not required, Danoss, if you want to travel light).

And there's always Ticket to Ride.

Jintor

Is that you agreeing to come on the 6th?

Discworld: Ankh Morpork will indeed feature as it was such a big hit at the last one (If we get 5 people, I'll sit out for it, seeing as I won all three games we played last time :p). Full set Fantasy Munchkin should also make an appearance. If Danoss is coming, then I'm sure he'll bring along some other goodies to play too (although this is not required, Danoss, if you want to travel light).

And there's always Ticket to Ride.

Prooooooobably. I certainly won't have any assignments due, should be fine by Friday.

Not this specific example I used, but very similar. Dropping brand names like it's going out of fashion and expecting me to be somehow impressed. No thanks.

Urgh I couldn't handle that.

Hi Aus Gaf

Peace

lol

Hi Frend.

Clipper

So Julia Gillard actually told Thomson to quit.
She did the same to Peter Slipper, so he might quit as Speaker for good.
She told Thomson to quit the Labor Party or to resign from government entirely? If the former, she can't do the same to Slipper as he's already independent and if the latter, that seems highly irregular and political suicide. Something's wrong here...

OK, I'm seeing from some of the news reports now that she may have asked him to step aside, yes. But she can't do that to Slipper. She did tell him to step aside from the speaker role during the criminal investigation of the Cabcharge dockets, but that's just a temporary thing, not permanent like with Thomson.

Dead Man

She told Thomson to quit the Labor Party or to resign from government entirely? If the former, she can't do the same to Slipper as he's already independent and if the latter, that seems highly irregular and political suicide. Something's wrong here...

Probably Ventron. ;)

As i am just at the very end of ME3, i have ordered some new vid games from OGS.
Witcher 2 for 360 and Diablo III.

Max Payne 3, howeve,r is what i reaaaaaaly want and im getting that one from a shop for full whack.
Probably on 360. Cant wait. MP1 and 2 were some of the few SP games i have ever played through more than once.

i wouldnt call myself a rock star fan but i cant deny they put out well-made games, even if they arent always my cup of tea. I, like almost everyone outside of Finland, still wish Remedy were making it.

Yagharek

Solid progress in OOT today. Up to spirit temple. The game is embarrassingly better than most games this generation by a large margin.

Ventron

Yes, we know that. But if that's the case, she can't have told Slipper the same thing...

Ah, I think I worded that wrongly...
What I meant was she also talked with Slipper last night, and wanted him to stand down as Speaker. That's what I got from her press conference.

Dead Man

Inquiry to target expensive downloads: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-29/government-to-probe-cost-of-software-downloads/3978558
The Federal Government is planning an inquiry into why it costs more to download software and content in Australia than in many other countries.

Labor MP Ed Husic, a member of the committee that is likely to carry out the inquiry, says the details are still being finalised.
Not expecting any great result, but at least someone is making noises.

Yeah its good, the story telling is epic 8)

also, lol.

You are making me want to bust out some Max Payne too. Such a great pair of games.

Clipper

Ah, I think I worded that wrongly...
What I meant was she also talked with Slipper last night, and wanted him to stand down as Speaker. That's what I got from her press conference.

Yeah, that makes more sense, although he was already standing down. She's told him to not come back to the role for a bit longer than originally expected.

zbeeb

Hi Aus Gaf

Peace

fuck yeah perth!

welcome!

Solid progress in OOT today. Up to spirit temple. The game is embarrassingly better than most games this generation by a large margin.

I LOVE the spirit temple boss, The whole temple is actually one of the better ones imo

Inquiry to target expensive downloads: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-29/government-to-probe-cost-of-software-downloads/3978558

Not expecting any great result, but at least someone is making noises.

Good news either way, at least some attention is being drawn to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom