• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

midonnay

Your fault for going with TPG.

as long as there are no problems with your copper telephone line.... Tpg is by far the best value ISP in australia :/

tech support isn't really that big of a deal.... just ask a question in the whirlpool forum if you're not an ubernerd. >_>

Salazar

Liesl dude. Get it right. Chicks hate it when you get their name wrong.

Oh

I was looking at the wrong vet. No similarities. Never met her.

Thought you meant

glXDp.jpg

Deeku

There's a bondi vet Liesl? :eek:

The one in my dream was Lisa. She's even hotter when she's trying to save a puppy from dying!

Clipper

SydGAF Board Gamers, keep Sunday May 20 free for Board Games Day 5 with special guest, Marshmellow. It's looking like most everyone should be able to come, so it'll be a big group (we might even need to split into 2 groups for some games!

And yeah, there's still no interest in an evening get together, it seems, so no more spruiking on that from me for the time being.

Oh, and BrisGAF, I'm going to be up there for a week or so some time in late June/early July. Is there any interest in organising a gaming day or general meetup around that time frame?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
$70M ozlotto, better buy a quickpick. I've never played this before and at $14 a shot, I can see why.

If I win, I will buy you all something amazing.

Vitas for everyone!

Salazar

Oh, and BrisGAF, I'm going to be up there for a week or so some time in late June/early July. Is there any interest in organising a gaming day or general meetup around that time frame?

I am available to drink and awkwardly chat. I am good at it.

She isn't Korean.

X5WPA.gif

Why Empson is the greatest critic of the 20th century: "You know, I think I see what Lawrence's novels are about. They are about coming at the same time".

Danoss

SydGAF Board Gamers, keep Sunday May 20 free for Board Games Day 5 with special guest, Marshmellow. It's looking like most everyone should be able to come, so it'll be a big group (we might even need to split into 2 groups for some games!

And yeah, there's still no interest in an evening get together, it seems, so no more spruiking on that from me for the time being.

It just clicked in my head that I'm in a wedding the day before. I don't plan on getting drunk or anything, so it'll depend on factors out of my control. I'm meant to be photographing the reception, so I'll be relying on a lift to transport all my camera equipment, and of course clothes. This puts me at the mercy of other people, and knowing the people who are attending, are unreliable and/or drink drivers.

Perhaps I can work around it, but we'll see. Pencil me in as tentative.

I'm not so sure that a SydGAF meet on a Sunday, outside of board games, is going to be too successful. It is a Sunday, people have work the next day, and since the majority of people will use public transport to get there, it also limits how long people would be able to stay. I'd be leaving before it even began, buses to my door stop at 7pm on a Sunday, meaning I would never attend.

Salazar

A MAN is in hospital after being twice tasered by police on the Gold Coast.

The man may have fallen on scissors he was allegedly armed with.

He fell after being twice tasered by police who confronted him in the Runaway Bay Shopping Village carpark about 8.30am.

The man is believed to have struck his head and may also have fallen on the scissors.

Police have cordoned off a bloodied crime scene behind a liquor store.

The Police Ethical Standards Command is investigating.

Oops.

im going to be in brisbane in july as well

Sound good, just in time for the mid year break!

Oh shit. This is happening. Let me know the dates and if I'm not working I'll see what I can do. I'm not the best at awkward conversation, but I am good at drinking at awkward times.

In life stealing news, I think I'm going to install Sins of a Solar Empire tonight. I haven't played that game in too long

Clipper

I'm not so sure that a SydGAF meet on a Sunday, outside of board games, is going to be too successful. It is a Sunday, people have work the next day, and since the majority of people will use public transport to get there, it also limits how long people would be able to stay. I'd be leaving before it even began, buses to my door stop at 7pm on a Sunday, meaning I would never attend.

I did ask for info on if anybody would prefer to do Saturday in the original post and got no response on that either...

And yeah, fingers crossed that you'll be able to make it. Marsh's times work out to have the following game day on June 2 or 3, so hopefully you'll be OK to make that one if you can't make the 20th.

Clipper

Oops, meant to edit and instead quoted my own post. Sorry for the double post, but I'll just leave the edit here:

im going to be in brisbane in july as well

Are your dates set? I just know I'm going to be up there for about a week sometime between June 23 and July 15 and will definitely be in Sydney on the 6th of July, though (Flight of the Conchords ticket, yay!).

Danoss

I did ask for info on if anybody would prefer to do Saturday in the original post and got no response on that either...

And yeah, fingers crossed that you'll be able to make it. Marsh's times work out to have the following game day on June 2 or 3, so hopefully you'll be OK to make that one if you can't make the 20th.

I can't foresee a reason I can't make June 2nd or 3rd whether or not I can attend the upcoming game day.

Perhaps a SydGAF meetup on a weekday evening, maybe a Friday might be better for some. Saturday's are always iffy for me, no doubt it's the same for others.

Clipper

I can't foresee a reason I can't make June 2nd or 3rd whether or not I can attend the upcoming game day.

Perhaps a SydGAF meetup on a weekday evening, maybe a Friday might be better for some. Saturday's are always iffy for me, no doubt it's the same for others.
Yeah, well, if there is interest out there, hopefully someone will speak up. It's rather disheartening that absolutely nobody responded to my request for info on when people could potentially make it, apart from you, making it seem the rest of SydGAF doesn't care about meeting up any more.
Prove me wrong, guys!

Tasering someone and having them fall on a pair of scissors: the kind of emergent phenomena I want to see in Max Payne 3.

Sounds like a great Molydeux game.
Running through the streets of New York, bullets flying from the enraged mafia trailing your every move as you try and escape from the hit that will bring you respect and position within the Yakuza brethren, you must protect yourself, you must fire back.
Can you live with the consequences though?
The henchmen all carry in their left hands a delightful little kitten, with its whole life ahead of it.
You fire the binary decision into the assailant, taking from them the right to life given to all that leave the womb. You must accept the inevitable.
The corpse shall fall.
The kitten shall be crushed.
The purrs of a purfect future shall be extinguished.

Can you accept that decision? To kill a kitten with every threat to your life removed?

Danoss

Yeah, well, if there is interest out there, hopefully someone will speak up. It's rather disheartening that absolutely nobody responded to my request for info on when people could potentially make it, apart from you, making it seem the rest of SydGAF doesn't care about meeting up any more.
Prove me wrong, guys!

Thinking about it more, most of SydGAF attends board game day, the rest of the large crowd that was at the first meet don't post often/at all anymore. There are others that weren't at the first SydGAF meet, but I'm confident they have no intention of ever attending one.

3) Ride a bike. Less impact on your ankles and knees. Bonus prize: front row seat view of that tight bum on the chick riding in front of you.

This cannot be understated. "Oh yes, thank god will be the cry when the chick on the bike passes you by." You get to have someone serve as a windbreaker for you, and you get a decent view. Then just before you are about to turn off you accelerate past them (using up a large store of your energy) and look like less of an unfit sack of shit.

well- you can get a six game for ozlotto for about $7

oh, and you can buy lotto online through tatts.com (in Qld, anyway) if you want to avoid queueing behind old people.

Got a letter in the mail today saying it had been a while since I had rented anything from my local video store and offered half price movie rentals. Went down since they do cheap Tuesdays, $2 weekly rentals, and to see the current stable of games.

Grabbed Dead Island and the woman gave me half price off it AND put it through the cleaning machine first. $1 for the week. So awesome.

Wish I was still single, would never have to buy another console game again!

well- you can get a six game for ozlotto for about $7

oh, and you can buy lotto online through tatts.com (in Qld, anyway) if you want to avoid queueing behind old people.

$7 you say? I don't have a job... but if I win it won't matter! Never done lotto before. If I win I'll build an awesome clubhouse.

I don't play Lotto on the regular, but I don't mind throwing some small amount of money at it when there's a big jackpot. Yeah the chance of winning is infinitesimal, but I'dve probably wasted that $13.50 on something equally worthless anyway so whatever.

Omikron

Got a letter in the mail today saying it had been a while since I had rented anything from my local video store and offered half price movie rentals. Went down since they do cheap Tuesdays, $2 weekly rentals, and to see the current stable of games.

Grabbed Dead Island and the woman gave me half price off it AND put it through the cleaning machine first. $1 for the week. So awesome.

Wish I was still single, would never have to buy another console game again!

Why rent when you can buy for a few bucks?

Oh. Console.

Salazar

Oh dear. I don't think you can sue twitter over that. But ugh, I can't stand Catherine Deveny. Everytime she is on QandA she's loud and obnoxious.

Yeah, she doesn't seem like a wonderful talent or person.

I clearly need to start watching Q&A, though, if only for KMH.

Broke my resistance to kickstarter stuff: forked out to fund a Women in Docs album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom