• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australians.

Bullet Club

Banned
Big news, Australians.

Gz8uyt3.jpg

Good job, Warnie, ya fat cunt.

Bullet Club

Banned
Looks like Chairman Gladys is doing a wonderful job. Gold standard.There will probably be 100+ new cases in NSW tomorrow.

I hope all Sydney GAFfers are doing OK.

In my dream, the monster always sounds Australian.

Alien busts out of ceiling, moments away from impaling your face with it's 2nd set of smaller, sharper teeth...

"Oi mayt yah face looks like a good bit o' tucker"

Best thing ever is an asian chick with an australlian accent

I got kicked out of my Everquest guild for cybering/video chatting the guild leader's Korean/Aussie gf. She was soooo hot.

Adam Sandler GIF

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Jesus Christ. You know something has gone very wrong when an entire city of millions of people can be locked down because of seven cases of a virus. The fucking hubris of thinking the virus had been defeated last year is really biting back now.

Bullet Club

Banned
Looks like it will be a 3 day lockdown starting midnight tomorrow.

The AFL are scrambling to get teams out. Bombers/North has been moved to Tassie. The Swans/Giants game in Ballarat is being moved to Queensland.

Just did a mild run to Costco last night for supplies. Nothing panic levels but we were out dunny roll and tissues etc plus I figured a vic lockdown would be on the cards again. I wonder how this plays out even if we hit "acceptable" vaccinated levels, does it cover us for all the variants, will it stop the spread/deaths etc? It seems like we do what we do with the Flu, offer the vax, some do it some don't and we continue on as usual. I don't really see the point of the Astra vax but I'm organising now get the Pfizer or hopefully soon to be Moderna one.

h00ters

I think the first thing they'll do here in Vic will be limits on house gathering for the next few days while they try to figure out what the extent of the damage is.

Just did a mild run to Costco last night for supplies. Nothing panic levels but we were out dunny roll and tissues etc plus I figured a vic lockdown would be on the cards again. I wonder how this plays out even if we hit "acceptable" vaccinated levels, does it cover us for all the variants, will it stop the spread/deaths etc? It seems like we do what we do with the Flu, offer the vax, some do it some don't and we continue on as usual. I don't really see the point of the Astra vax but I'm organising now get the Pfizer or hopefully soon to be Moderna one.
I imagine there's going to be stronger incentives (beyond what we know about the effects of COVID) to get people to vaccinate. E.g. If it's mandatory for travel. Yeah, seems this things is just going to yoyo until... a critical mass of people get it? Dunno.
Bit bumbed out about the snap lockdown, but it's potentially a few days compared to the 2+ weeks like Sydney. Still, damn it's precarious and people still aren't being cautious. Fuck those removalists

FunkMiller

Gold Member
5 day lockdown for VIC :(

And in a few days or weeks, it’ll be SA, and then WA, and then QLD, and then the NT…

because delta is really infectious, and pursuing zero Covid is a fucking moronic strategy - but there’s no choice now, because the vaccine rollout out has been so pitiful.

I spent 2020 wishing I’d never left Australia. In 2021 I’m delighted I did.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Lockdown is going well in Sydney. Gladys has everything under control.

Good grief. Alright, it doesn’t transmit all that well outside, but there’s zero chance of it not spreading to at least a few people, if someone with Covid walks along there coughing.

Last edited:
Was a rally down here as well with a decent turnout. I saw a sign saying "if masks don't stop the virus why do we have to wear them?" The dirty looks I got for wearing a mask haha.

Bullet Club

Banned
Was a rally down here as well with a decent turnout. I saw a sign saying "if masks don't stop the virus why do we have to wear them?" The dirty looks I got for wearing a mask haha.
Yep, a lot of dickheads down here too. Lockdown will probably end on Tuesday but nup, let's protest today and potentially cause another breakout.

nam02BT.jpg

Top Bottom