• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australians.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
330px-Hungry_Jack%27s.svg.png

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
When I was going through customs a gentleman called me "mate" and said "good on ya." I thought to myself, "yes, good on me. I did do it. I did walk myself and bag in the right direction." I tried to bring that positive reinforcement back to the US with me, but it got lost flying Delta.
He was actually telling you, you had “goo on ya”. It’s the accent. You probably stepped on a chewie.

brap

Banned
Australians are the fucking worst. Ruby Rose? Kangaroo Jack? Fuck off.
I'm kidding. No need to get le butthurted.

sevoro

ok what the fuck is goin on in this country?

ZLHn2Us.jpg
Onions, Sausage in a slice of bread, with what appears to be mustard on the top left and is going to be added. Seems normal to me. I mean unless you hate food or just never go out.

Last edited:

sevoro

I know. What self-respecting Aussie puts mustard on a fuckin’ sausage sizzle?

Disgusting.

Also, sauce goes in the fridge, not the cupboard. Fight me people.
I agree with the mustard and the sauce, but this is still normal mate.

brap

Banned
Onions, Sausage in a slice of bread, with what appears to be mustard on the top left and is going to be added. Seems normal to me. I mean unless you hate food or just never go out.
I know. What self-respecting Aussie puts mustard on a fuckin’ sausage sizzle?

Disgusting.

Also, sauce goes in the fridge, not the cupboard. Fight me people.
USE A FUCKING BUN AND WHY IS THE WIENER SO LONG? You peoplereally use sliced bread instead of hot dog buns?

lachesis

My Australian co-worker once brought some bite sized meat pie... they were so good, that I could eat a couple dozen of them easy...

This thread just reminded me to search for near by meat pie place in NJ, but alas - all the good ones are never around my neighborhood. :(

sevoro

USE A FUCKING BUN AND WHY IS THE WIENER SO LONG? You peoplereally use sliced bread instead of hot dog buns?
I don't tell you how to eat, you don't tell us how to eat. Unless you wanna die to the emus.

I actually postulate to you the fact that a thinner bread, would allow you taste the sausage more, and thus you have more flavour coming out when you bite down on it. Making it better than a bun which is just full of bland, tasteless bread.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hot dog buns are like the training wheels of sandwiches. They’re for simpletons. Hence why they are synonymous with Americana.

The art of the Aussie sausage sizzle is to consume it without getting a lap and arm full of sauce. It’s a skill.

Top Bottom