• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought it was Ghostale.

Leave it to Nisio to make a double English pun via another language.
Of course, the portmanteau thing doesn't work for any of the others... and it just becomes a naming convention more than anything else. lol

I think Lastory works. That's the only other one with an English pun built in.

Well, can't wait to see if that old Kizumonogatari trailer was just what they asspulled for the annoucement or if it really an indicator how the movie is supposed to look like.

https://youtu.be/gAnyT2G0-og
(in best 360p quality like it was common in the old days of 2011)

Firemind

They started out as puns and then it became a kind of brand.

Bakemono = Monster/Ghost
Monogatari = Story/Tale
Bakemonogatari = Monstory (the pun even works in english)
That's actually pretty clever. Too bad, as a newbie, it actually has the reverse effect of keeping me away from the series because of the confusing and slightly daunting naming convention. Well that and shaft.

javac

Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Comet Lucifer"

HOUSTON, SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 – Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest acquisition, Comet Lucifer, as part of the Fall 2015 anime season lineup. This science fiction anime series takes place on Gift, a planet that hides a wealth of glittering blue ore deep beneath its surface. The story focuses on Sogo, a young man from a prosperous mining town, a mysterious blue-haired girl, and the adventures that result from their meeting.

Atsushi Nakayama and Yasuhito Kikuchi will act as series director and director, respectively. Yuichi Nomura, who developed the original concept for the show, will also be providing both the script and series composition. Tatsuya Kato is composing the music, Yuichi Takahashi is handling character designs, and the studio 8 Bit (The Eden of Grisaia, Infinite Stratos, Absolute Duo) will produce the animation.

Comet Lucifer is scheduled for an October 2015 broadcast in Japan and be available domestically through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.
Sentaifilmworks.com

------
Crunchyroll to Exclusively Stream "Miss Monochrome -The Animation- 3" Anime for Fall Season

It’s a day of multiple new anime announcements as the third season of the aspiring android idol singer series Miss Monochrome -The Animation- 3 is set to begin streaming exclusively on Crunchyroll every Friday starting October 2 at 8:40am Pacific Time. For more information, visit http://www.crunchyroll.com/miss-monochrome-the-animation

Crunchyroll.com

Cornbread78

Looks like I know which mecha show to fall back on in case none this season pan out. Thanks bros!

Cross Ange was amazing. Just don't go in with a weak stomach or a low tolorance to ecchi $hit and your all-set. Let the rest happen organically...

Eureka 7 ep. 32-35:
Renton and Eureka are finally finding common ground and workig together towards a joint future and Holland has decided to finally stop being a douche to Renton all the time. Doggy is not a pilot and Nee-san is that general, my goodness, lots of reveals here. Now that they have that monk guy, I'm wondering what new parts of the mystery will be brought out.

So Crunchy should be able to grab it then?

JulianImp

They started out as puns and then it became a kind of brand.

Bakemono = Monster/Ghost
Monogatari = Story/Tale
Bakemonogatari = Monstory (the pun even works in english)

Yeah. Nisemonogatari also works quite well as "impostory". The rest don't work, though (AFAIK).

Finalow

put a spoiler near season highlights like "watch everything else but this" or someone might actually check that stuff out.

not sure what to watch besides OPM, probably nothing because the quality gap would be too big~

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's actually pretty clever. Too bad, as a newbie, it actually has the reverse effect of keeping me away from the series because of the confusing and slightly daunting naming convention. Well that and shaft.

That's why Japan invented titles like: Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

There was all of one girl being picked up in a dungeon. All the other pickups happened outside of it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Japan has a weird issue where they have to make words longer then they have to by adding more letters.
/s

Cross Ange was amazing. Just don't go in with a weak stomach or a low tolorance to ecchi $hit and your all-set. Let the rest happen organically...

No, just no.

Can you please not recommend Cross Ange? This isn't one of those shows you have to "see to believe". I would like nothing more than for this show to fade into obscurity.

It's a horrible, horrible abomination of an anime that basically serves as the poster child for everything wrong with modern mecha anime as of late.

No care was put into that series. No thought or effort was put into it. It just threw offensive one-note characters and imagery at you and thought it could rack up the viewers that way.

It's one of the worst kinds of shows. The kind of show that takes an audience for granted. The kind of show that doesn't care about interesting characters, stories, worlds, and development. It's the kind of show raises a middle finger to any fan of mecha shows that have even a sense of decency to them.

It's nothing but a child throwing a temper tantrum hoping to get attention.

Now do yourself a favour Cornbread, and watch Code Geass. That's a mecha show that's crazy and stupid, but also enjoyable. Why? Because it went insane rather than starting off insane. It had proper build-up, good animation, fantastic music, and legitimately good characters. The shock value came at the end in ways you can't expect.

Seriously, check it out.

Eureka 7 ep. 32-35:
Renton and Eureka are finally finding common ground and workig together towards a joint future and Holland has decided to finally stop being a douche to Renton all the time. Doggy is not a pilot and Nee-san is that general, my goodness, lots of reveals here. Now that they have that monk guy, I'm wondering what new parts of the mystery will be brought out.

Well, watch it sometime after you're finished this masterpiece anyway. =D

Kizumonogatari movie site started countdown

CQKfFytUsAQbko7.jpg:large

http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/

This is the Snake Eater of the Monogatari series right? I can't believe it took them this long to make something that seems to matter a lot

Rebellion > your favourite anime

Rebellion was better then the main series, truth

Looks like I know which mecha show to fall back on in case none this season pan out. Thanks bros!

Woah now, don't take that as a recommendation.
You should probably watch Cross Ange.

The best part of Cross Ange is watching people get angry at Tusk, because he keeps
the AngexHilda ship from sailing completely.

That's amazing.

Also, do watch Cross Ange.

Breath in its essence.

Now do yourself a favour Cornbread, and watch Code Geass. That's a mecha show that's crazy and stupid, but also enjoyable. Why? Because it went insane rather than starting off insane. It had proper build-up, good animation, fantastic music, and legitimately good characters. The shock value came at the end in ways you can't expect.

Seriously, check it out.

So while warning him to avoid this (supposedly) shit mecha anime, you tell Cornbread to instead watch a mecha anime that turns to shit in it's second season? I'm not sure how that will help him Nman.

Rebellion > your favourite anime

Rebellion was better then the main series, truth

Madoka Rebellion made me fear and hate sequels. Well, sequels to things with great conclusions anyway.

I loved the ending of the original TV series. It's what sealed it as my 2nd favourite show of all time.

Then this film comes along and raises the middle finger to anyone who loved that ending. Screw that noise.

Stories with great conclusions should not get sequels and Code Madoka: Homura of the Rebellion can happily sit alongside Eureka Seven Astral Ocean, Gundam Build Fighters TRY, and Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer as shit that just should not have been made.

No offense to anybody who enjoys it.

Madoka Rebellion made me fear and hate sequels. Well, sequels to things with great conclusions anyway.

I loved the ending of the original TV series. It's what sealed it as my 2nd favourite show of all time.

Then this film comes along and raises the middle finger to anyone who loved that ending. Screw that noise.

Stories with great conclusions should not get sequels and Code Madoka: Homura of the Rebellion can happily sit alongside Eureka Seven Astral Ocean, Gundam Build Fighters TRY, and Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer as shit that just should not have been made.

Well, you didn't get the tv ending, so it doesn't surprise that you also didn't get the movie.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh and the thing that had been keeping Manglobe afloat was seemingly endless seasons of Hayate The Combat Butler.

Sölf

JoJo's Egypt Arc 03
This Oingo Boingo episode. I didn't know JoJo could become this insane. Srsly, what did I just watch?

So while warning him to avoid this (supposedly) shit mecha anime, you tell Cornbread to instead watch a mecha anime that turns to shit in it's second season? I'm not sure how that will help him Nman.

It will help him because it will teach him what an actual GOOD insane mecha anime is. Code Geass is a show that starts off rather substantially, before slowly losing its mind as the show goes on.

The second season is worth watching because of that.

Unlike Cross Ange, which desperately throws stupid ugly nonsense at you right from the start in a desperate attempt to get attention.

phaze

Oh right. My belated but hard earned praise and gratitude for that OP BGBW. Great work.

Champloo, Ergo Proxy and House of Five Leaves are shows I all liked so I'm gonna miss Manglobe, even if their outings as of late leave something to be desired. (to say the least.)

Blood-C 1-3

And I was doing so well avoiding any Clamp related atrocities and their horrendous character designs ...

This show is weird. Really weird. 15 minutes of each episode are SoL'esque bits of the main, awfully designed and braindead character going to walking to school, being in school, being obtuse in school and walking back from school. The last quarter of the episode is spent on fighting a whatever random monster of week sprang up in the small rural city our main character inhabits. One saving grace of it all is the animation during the fights which is pretty good. (though feels weirdly stiff at times.)

Between Wixoss, Samurai Flamenco and this; the "List" is clearly a terrifying existence, one that needs to be purged from this world for the sake of all yet unaffected by it people.

Squishy3

Sölf;180379264 said:
JoJo's Egypt Arc 03
This Oingo Boingo episode. I didn't know JoJo could become this insane. Srsly, what did I just watch?
i think you forgot that the end of the first half was them fighting a rock version of a woman's face underwater that they got eaten by

firehawk12

Subete no aware

To me, Rebellion works as the perfect ending to the franchise. I'd be perfectly fine with them leaving it there... but I'm sure they have plans to whore it out further. Hell, they already can't help themselves with Nisekoi and Monogatari crossovers. lol

Bullshit.
lol

JulianImp

That's why I like it, because I only thought Madoka was a 7/10 and had no strong feelings about it.

Same here. I actually liked the way presented its "main" story while also having a meta narrative meant to screw with the audience. The whole introductory segment where
everybody was alive and "fighting" enemies together in the mildest way possible, only to later reveal that they were merely given roles inside a fabricated world in order to keep them happy and ignorant of what was actually going on was great, because it kind of screwed around with the people who wanted the girls to finally catch a break after all the sadness and despair they were forced to endure in the main series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
British political racist parties are serious business. Can't even risk name dropping them even by coincidence.

LbLdjIr.jpg

JCG

Well, I am largely indifferent to the end of Manglobe as an anime production company. I do feel slightly sorry for those who have lost their jobs though. For the record, I did legitimately enjoy Samurai Flamenco because Hideyuki Kurata knows how to play around with absurdity and still make it interesting. He should make more original shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom