• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

LWA English Voice Cast:
Akko - Erica Mendez
Since it mysteriously just showed up on Netflix today... I can announce that I voice Akko in Little Witch Academia!
Sucy - Rachelle Heger
I am so thrilled to announce my FIRST anime role! I voice Sucy in #LittleWitchAcademia now on Netflix! I am so honored! Dream come true!
Diana - Laura Post
Very excited to announce I voice Diana Cavendish in the dub of #LittleWitchAcademia now on Netflix! Please check it out! I love the show!
Amanda - Marianne Miller
You can hear me in Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade as Amanda! Hope you enjoy your waifus in English.

Little Witch Academia @ Netflix (English & Japanese Audio, English subtitles)
Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade @ Netflix (English & Japanese Audio, English subtitles)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
hacka doll is the best thing trigger has done because all they have to do is production assistance...

dimb

Aren't they going the wrong way? People are leaving cable for streaming services not the other way around :)
there is still a market for anime on television. being able to put stuff on television is extra leverage for funimation when acquiring shows.

pbayne

No one gonna mention Trigger's most under appreciated series Inou Battle. I know its not an original series but they still did a good job on it.

Taruranto

Pedro! #11

fih3FfN.jpg

77XPRZL.jpg

Porquè Pedro!
Gjallarhorn: No hetero allowed

Meh.

Kaiba - 07-12 [Complete]

Hmm...I don't think I liked where they went with the main plot. It became increasingly convoluted, crazy and bombastic. That they actually decided to have some mecha-like action sequences take up a decent chunk of the last episode bothered me quite a bit. I mean, that was well animated but what it has no business being here in this episode :/

Would've really appreciated a simpler path for the main plot. Having yet another sort of clusterfuck for an ending was disappointing.

Still great show overall, but I'm a bit let down.

Unique and very good art direction, animation and an excellent OST.

this damn song (a cappella version)

My friend told me that "Netflix picked up Little Witch Academia."

I went this whole day thinking that Netflix had found a way to make LWA into a running series. I was in an absurdly good mood, which was probably a good thing since I had two client meetings today, only to come home to be hit by a watermelon of disappointment.

javac

Kaiba - 07-12 [Complete].

Yeah its an odd show, I felt really hollow by the end if that makes sense. I knew that I had witnessed something great but felt empty and as a result very disappointed. Glad that something like this could exist and garner a following but the show itself failed to grab me on a personal level. Just didn't connect to the characters or the abrupt and strange humor and overall I felt overwhelmed with what was going on at times.

Kaiba - 07-12 [Complete]

Hmm...I don't think I liked where they went with the main plot. It became increasingly convoluted, crazy and bombastic. That they actually decided to have some mecha-like action sequences take up a decent chunk of the last episode bothered me quite a bit. I mean, that was well animated but what it has no business being here in this episode :/

Would've really appreciated a simpler path for the main plot. Having yet another sort of clusterfuck for an ending was disappointing.

Still great show overall, but I'm a bit let down.

Unique and very good art direction, animation and an excellent OST.

this damn song (a cappella version)

Yuasa gradually got better at writing stories that didn't fall apart at the end. Mind Game was a total mess, Kemonozume was a mess for the last half, Kaiba only really fell apart at the end of the penultimate episode, and then Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong had very strong endings. Of course, it helps that the last two were adaptations of pre-existing material, but their treatment still shows a sensitive hand at work. I'm glad that Yuasa got the chance to experiment so he could learn how to be a successful storyteller. Definitely looking forward to his upcoming movie.

Yuasa gradually got better at writing stories that didn't fall apart at the end. Mind Game was a total mess, Kemonozume was a mess for the last half, Kaiba only really fell apart at the end of the penultimate episode, and then Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong had very strong endings. Of course, it helps that the last two were adaptations of pre-existing material, but their treatment still shows a sensitive hand at work. I'm glad that Yuasa got the chance to experiment so he could learn how to be a successful storyteller. Definitely looking forward to his upcoming movie.

Ping Pong easily has one of the strongest endings in anime space.

What's his upcoming movie called?

Trigger is garbage. Everything went downhill after they did the Project x Zone opening. Even then, they should have stayed as Gainax.

Edit: I'm joking, obviously.

Apath

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I just finished Oreimo 2. I watched 1 a few years ago but cannot recall if I ever finished it. I honestly thought the incest was just an under(over)tone of the show and that he'd end up with Kuroneko. That "twist" with his sister was beyond awful. Am I just stupid for thinking their relationship was actually becoming more like normal siblings who love each other as family members?

I really thought it was a hilarious parody-like show. Instead the last two episodes ruined everything :[

duckroll

I will defend Kemonozume to the grave. The ending included. Liked it way better than Kaiba and even Tatami. What about Kick-Heart though? Where do you think that fits into this order?

Am I just stupid for thinking their relationship was actually becoming more like normal siblings who love each other as family members?

I really thought it was a hilarious parody-like show. Instead the last two episodes ruined everything :[

Dude c'mon. You are dense enough to be an anime MC

TUSR

Banned
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I just finished Oreimo 2. I watched 1 a few years ago but cannot recall if I ever finished it. I honestly thought the incest was just an under(over)tone of the show and that he'd end up with Kuroneko. That "twist" with his sister was beyond awful. Am I just stupid for thinking their relationship was actually becoming more like normal siblings who love each other as family members?

shows garbage

dimb

Oreimo (俺妹?), short for Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない?, lit. My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute) and also known as Ore no Imōto (俺の妹?), is a Japanese light novel series...
woa

lemme catch my breath.

this incest really took me by surprise.

I will defend Kemonozume to the grave. The ending included. Liked it way better than Kaiba and even Tatami.

I really can't understand this. Starting from Osamu Kobayashi's episode, where the characters behaved at odds with their established personalities, the whole thing steadily went downhill until any sense of caring about the characters and their relationships was lost in gross, vulgar spectacle. It's as if midway through the series Yuasa stopped caring about the themes of the story he was trying to tell and decided to build things up into some visually impressive setpiece, no matter how nonsensical it was. Kaiba only got that way at the very end, and even then it wasn't so bad to ruin the characters. Tatami never got that way, and had a very successful ending that satisfyingly brought this one chapter of the protagonist's life to a close.

What about Kick-Heart though? Where do you think that fits into this order?

I am ashamed to admit that even though I backed Kick-Heart, and even though it's fairly short, I have not actually watched it yet.

wonzo

Banned
kick-heart is really good because its short & very focused. fewer room for everything falling apart in typical og yuasa fashion

hacka doll is the best thing trigger has done because all they have to do is production assistance...

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom