• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Proctor is fucking his niece, right ?
Yes.

giphy.gif

Okay, so I finally caught up with the Season 2 finale and the Season 3 Premiere.

Quick S2 Finale thoughts:

A good finale to a weirdly paced and meandering season. Emmet's death felt pointless. Longshadow's death was long, haha. Good to see Hood and Carrie finally laid to rest. Shioban won!

Alright, S3 Premiere:

That was freaking excellent.

- Sex scenes crazy fast, lol.

- That vigilante execution was fantastic and very cathartic.

- Brock finally got some! Nice.

- Chayton fucking OWNED every scene he was in. Such great presence. AV Club nailed it. He feels like an elemental force of nature. That bow and arrow takedown was a glorious thing to witness.

- HEISTS MOTHERFUCKING HEISTS GUYS, YES.

- Job and Sugar together again!

- Commandos! They're taking on commandos!

- Fucking Gordon is such a waste of oxygen at this point. This dude's a fucking Marine, I've spent like two years waiting for him to become awesome, and he just becomes lamer and lamer.

Okay, Banshee. Fulfill this amazing potential, I'm back in.

Okay, Banshee. Fulfill this amazing potential, I'm back in.

You mean you were thinking about leaving?

I know that season 2 wasn't particularly great, but most shows go through a middling second season, they can't all be amazing like Arrow...

I mean, let's not forget how dull the second season of Spartacus was and then how amazing the third season was. (if we don't count GoTA as season 2, which it clearly wasn't...)

You mean you were thinking about leaving?

I know that season 2 wasn't particularly great, but most shows go through a middling second season, they can't all be amazing like Arrow...

I mean, let's not forget how dull the second season of Spartacus was and then how amazing the third season was. (if we don't count GoTA as season 2, which it clearly wasn't...)

I was never really gonna leave, but I really did think that Season 2 was poor in comparison to Season 1.

But my statement was more rhetorical than anything, like... I'm fucking in.

I was never really gonna leave, but I really did think that Season 2 was poor in comparison to Season 1.

But my statement was more rhetorical than anything, like... I'm fucking in.

Yeah, I can understand that feeling. It's pretty much how my feelings toward Arrow S3, I know it'll pick up, but it's been so damn dull so far.

Anyway, we're getting off point. BANSHEE IS BACK TO ITS ROOTS!!!!!

Fuck yeah!

UrbanRats

Thought the episode was alright.

On the one hand, it laid down the groundwork for the whole season, which was good.
On the other hand, it picked up from something that felt completely unearned last season (Emmett's death).

On the one hand, it had some action and sex.
On the other hand, the fuck is up with that editing?

So i'm still on the fence about it, but optimistic.

Alpende

Really dug the episode, good action, sex scene of the bat, Chayton being badass (that dude gonna fuck shit up and I can't wait for it to happen).

Good to have Job and Sugar team up again and that they laid out the entire season. Good to have Banshee back.

- Fucking Gordon is such a waste of oxygen at this point. This dude's a fucking Marine, I've spent like two years waiting for him to become awesome, and he just becomes lamer and lamer.

We will see some of that this season apparently.

I like it a lot. Tons of good action and sex. Job stealing scenes as usual. Chayton being baddass. Brock rocking the Max Payne 3 look. Nola tease.

The Origin episodes on the website are worth a look as well, one of them details the first time Proctor met Burton.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Excellent way to start the season.

Random musings:

• Brock with the beard, going bad. "Let's not make a habit of it". Alas, Hood has him by the balls now if he decides to rebel.
  • Brock got some. Aw yeah.
  • Chayton comeback basically owned the show (until Job showed up, that's it). Force of nature doesn't begin to describe him. The combination of sheer violence and cold blood is bound to create some massive problems for Kay.
  • Rebecca and Kay doing the deed off screen felt kind of... odd. At least by Banshee standards. But she's back and bad, so yay!
  • Burton, you glorious psycho.
  • People love to ape on Gordon, but I feel like his military background is going to be exploited this season. Wait and see.
  • Motha. Fucking. Job. With a fucking machinegun.
  • Nola has the BEST entrances in this show. This time gorl is going to murder some fools for sure.
  • On the production side of things, some of the off-time cuts felt weird as heck, but at least they weren't nearly as jarring as in S2. I guess I'll just have to accept it.
  • Production values seem as high as ever for a small-ish show. Job's failed sting and the shootout between the soldiers and the native gang was amazing.
  • Furthermore, I loved that the soldiers didn't go down without murking some gangbagers before. Chayton made it look too easy at first.
    Deva is bleh, but at least she didn't have more screentime than the one she needed.

I think the thing I liked the most was that the episode basically felt much more focused than S2's premiere and laid out all its plots and subplots from the start. It didn't feel as if the writers plan to meander a lot this time. Here's hoping it keeps the same pacing, because it was a damn solid episode.

Oh Job - shit never works out his way. Fantastic way to re-introduce him though. What's the deal with his head though? Tattoos?
Simulated dye job on his bald noggin. Remember that he's a
(fabulous)
hairdresser on top of a hacker.

My only other issue is that Chayton is too perfect so far. I know they want to make him intimidating, but he's like god mode already. Not a huge deal, but I hope they show him making some fumbles too.

Also... 5, 13, 68?
He was the same during S2. An unstoppable force of nature, until he gets too cocky or screws it up. He's been in and out of the system for a reason. I'm sure he'll finally bite more than he can chew.

The guy Carrie was shtupping sure didn't look like Rabbit. :3
I'm glad to know I'm not the only perv who noticed that...

Yeah, I'm really hoping they do something useful with Gordon this season. I spent the entirety of Season 1 waiting for him to snap and go all Straw Dogs to protect his family from Rabbit and his goons, and.... nothing.

And then I waited all of Season 2 for him to do the same, and... nothing happened.

He's just pathetic. He became an alcoholic and pill popper and fucked hookers and strippers and basically couldn't do shit.

I hope this season he gets his shit together and basically just shows everyone what for.

Clevinger

fuck yes, #Banshee is #back!

Chayton yaaas
Nola yaaasssss

This season's gonna be glorious.

btw, I so want a Job/Fat Al/Sugar spinoff.

biKZqkD.jpg

Hoyt Rivers, head of security for Alex Longshadow.

you kind of suck at your job, bruh

I was surprised they didn't do a straight sex scene of Rebecca and Kai, especially since both actors are nude all the time.

But... then I realized that they're probably waiting for the right moment.

Probably... when Lucas is like, spying on them or something.

It'll be the Banshee equivalent of this:

18lvneezjix6djpg.jpg

New episode tonight:
Snakes and Whatnot

Lucas and Carrie investigate the tunnels under Camp Genoa; Proctor and Rebecca become embroiled in a face-off with rival drug suppliers; Carrie tries to end a relationship with Colonel Douglas Stowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom