• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barack Obama's favourite song of 2015: Kendrick Lamar's "How Much A Dollar Cost".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Link: http://pitchfork.com/news/62469-pre...-a-dollar-cost-was-his-favorite-song-of-2015/

In a new interview with People, President Obama said Kendrick Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost"—from this year's To Pimp a Butterfly—was his favorite song of 2015. (Meanwhile, First Lady Michelle Obama's favorite song was Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk".)
If there was any doubt Obama was our hippest president, let it be immediately dispelled.
(This also means the President probably heard Kendrick's explicit shout out on "Hood Politics", also from TPAB.)

Michelle went with "Uptown Funk."

People said:
In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE for a Campaign 2016 special feature in this week's magazine, Michelle reveals she can't get enough of "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars, while her husband says he's all about Kendrick Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost."

The president, a famous bibliophile, says his favorite book of 2015 is Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff, a novel that explores the key to a great marriage from two different perspectives. Topping the First Lady's book list is another portrait of a marriage, The Light of the World, Elizabeth Alexander's memoir about the sudden death of her husband.

A fine choice.

harSon

Banned
Wish he picked a Young Thug or Rich Homie Quan song, or if he were to pick a Kendrick Lamar song - he should have chosen 'Alright' or 'King Kunta' just so Conservatives could lose their shit.

Wish he picked a Young Thug or Rich Homie Quan song, or if he were to pick a Kendrick Lamar song - he should have chosen 'Alright' or 'King Kunta' just so Conservatives could lose their shit.

King Kunta would've been awesome.

Also, someone tell People that 'Uptown Funk' is by Mark Ronson and features Bruno Mars

Its the best song on the album and the most well written Kendrick song since Dyin of Thirst.
A fine choice.

Didn't even think Obama liked rap to begin with.
I thought everyone knew he was chummy with Jay.

jaydogg691

Mr. President be rolling through D.C. like.

kendrick_alright_1.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

GavinGT

Banned
I just listened to that song for the first time. WTF? It sounds like something that was made days into a heroin binge. I mean, the lyrics are fine but the beat makes me want to take a nap.

Was hoping for blacker the berry ;)

then again people bitched about the last verse so hmm

You know how some Presidents legacies get really exaggerated over time? like George Washington could never tell a lie, had wooden teeth, was almost 7 feet tall, etc.

Would like to know what people think about Obama 100+ years from now. I can only imagine.

studyguy

You know how some Presidents legacies get really exaggerated over time? like George Washington could never tell a lie, had wooden teeth, was almost 7 feet tall, etc.

Would like to know what people think about Obama 100+ years from now. I can only imagine.

Thanks Obama.

woolley

I think your mixing up your presidents.

Which modern president does the Right hate more, Carter, Clinton, or Obama?

Obama will be remembered fondly by scholars and journalists, (overwhelmingly centre left, like him) even with the whole legally murky drone assassinations. You have to admire the mans resilience and dignity after 8 years of a concentrated right wing hate machine.

dcdobson

Obama will be remembered fondly by scholars and journalists, (overwhelmingly centre left, like him) even with the whole legally murky drone assassinations. You have to admire the mans resilience and dignity after 8 years of a concentrated right wing hate machine.
One of my best friends is slightly to the left of Mussolini and even he thinks that Obama will be remembered as a great president, partly because of his race, but also because of how dire things seemed when he took office.

Republicans have a variety of conflicting arguments. Is Obama a weakling who didn't accomplish anything, or is he the most effective liberal president ever and thus has fundamentally changed the country for the worse? The first argument is basically the Carter argument, which republicans made for years. But Ted Cruz and others have been making the second argument in more recent years. Their spin being if only conservative leaders were as principled to the cause as Obama is to liberalism, conservatives could change the country.

Obviously the idea that Obama is some pure liberal who never compromised is laughable but it's an interesting argument nonetheless. So I suppose Obama could become to conservatives what Reagan is to liberals: a president who drastically changed the country and influenced how Americans think. And if the GOP implodes after 2016 they'll have to rebuild just like democrats did after Reagan.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
You Americans need a president that stans Gaga.

Haven't you heard? She's gonna dominate 2016. Not too late to become a little monster Hillary.

pzFksSw.gif

dabig2

Well, it will be largely Millennials and the very youngest of Gen X that will be memorializing his long-term legacy for the generations to come (Boomers will all be retired or dead). And considering how much of a hit he's with those groups and the fact that his Presidency came during the formative years of these groups and right after Dubya...yeah, he's going to be getting that scrubbed clean legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom