• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - TRAILER - Driveable Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
And no Harley.GIF yet makes me a sad bat.

ibdWQoYHFLY29g.gif

That was some shitty speech. Cinematic trailers do nothing for me, bring me gameplay. I don't know how to feel about the Batmobile, I liked flying around in City. I hope they bring back the good riddles from Asylum.

Halcyon

So if it is the same exact game only now you get to drive the Batmobile around I'm not going the be all that excited.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So it's a yearly franchise now?

And I'm really surprised at the lack of last gen version, since it's coming this year and is still using UE3.

beast ass trailer

situation-omg.gif

Will get Wii U version if there is a miracle, if not PC it is.

Nice trailer, but would like to see some gameplay, at least a quick glimpse.

Not gonna happen. Besides the fact that it was announced as PS4, XBONE, PC...WB games has shown such disdain for the Wii U that they even CANCELLED planned DLC for Origins, that people had already paid for. Considering the situation is that bad, I don't see any possibility of this coming to Wii U at all.

3bdelilah

Banned
Not digging the new Harley Quinn look.
Batman, too. Looks like the Bruce from AO instead of AA and AC. I also don't like they seem to be going for the Nolan feel. I fucking loved the Dark Knight trilogy (although Rises waz kinda underwhelming), but Arkham is fantastic because it seems to be somewhat true to the comics.

Kriken

After being burned by Origins, I was bit hesitant. But I have more faith in Rocksteady making this great than WB games screwing it up. Add another game that'll get me to buy a PS4 in the future

On Demand

Banned
Pffft, you don't like the Arkham Origins style of looks-like-Nolan-but-isn't-Nolan?

The art looks dry and pretty uninspired. Obviously work went in, but it's just the typical Batman schlock. I'd like to see more inspiration from the comics and less from Nolan's work. Hell I'd rather have them snag some ideas from the Burton films, at least those had interesting environments.

I'm sure it'll be a great game, but it sure looks bland.

Yeah. I like Rocksteady's own style. It felt more like a comic. This nolan style is horrible. After Origins i was hoping they would go back to their own thing but i guess not.

EDIT-

And Harley looks like shit. Nothing like before.

okayfrog

Banned
Anybody else not so bothered by the CGI trailer? It's an Arkham game, we already know what the gameplay will be like.

Even though I didn't play Origins, I'm pretty hyped for this. Next-gen only + bigger city + last in the series = I'm hyped.

Will pick up when $20 or less.

What's up with that will? Thomas Wayne didn't know he was going to die (I regret i will not get to see you grow up, etc...)

Ephemeris

I find their trailers stay pretty close to the theme of the games. City and Origins' weren't off base at all.

Bodes well.

nded

LOL Im guessing you have never been to any major city then....or seen one on TV.

I'm guessing you've never been to Gotham where gangs, mobsters, supervillains and Batman roam the streets. If anyone else is out and about at night in Gotham they're either police or hobos. This is a city that cordoned off a section of itself just to contain its criminals, a city in such poor condition that it necessitated the creation of the fucking Batman.

Zia

Like that the characters don't seem to be sinewy, roided grotesqueries this time around. Now to see if they iron out all the other aesthetic messes from Arkham City. It's like the most technically impressive, seemingly fun game I've seen that I can't play because of how repulsive it looks.

Xater

Also people that fear it's UE3, that engine is quite flexible. Even if they use it they mist likely modified it and made it work. I wouldn't worry about that.

Fuck yeah! The trailer looked awesome. Glad this is next gen only. Can't frigging wait.

Current gen...

I am somewhat disappointed they did not continue with the escalation location motif: I was hoping it was going to be a nation, after the asylum and the city. :(

Anybody else not so bothered by the CGI trailer? It's an Arkham game, we already know what the gameplay will be like.

Even though I didn't play Origins, I'm pretty hyped for this. Next-gen only + bigger city + last in the series = I'm hyped.

Will pick up when $20 or less.

I'm not either. I prefer gameplay, but CGI trailers tend to be the best way to convey the story elements in these types of games. Not to mention the team is probably busy preparing for a demonstration at either GDC or, most likely, E3.

Some people act like we'll never see gameplay the way they go about.

MormaPope

Banned
DerZuhälter;103128194 said:
I've got a bad feeling about this.

Yes it's next gen but I know already what Batmobile means: titanium roadblocks everywhere so you can't just constantly run over goons with your car and must go hand to hand combat. Just like in Halo and so many other games, where there suddenely the only way to progress is going through a narrow tight spot, no car can't fit through.

I hope the game let's us go into buildings more instead of using the aforementioned technique.

Didn't think of this before, for some reason Batman running people over didn't enter my mind but they have to design the game so players don't do that. I imagine there will be many main roads that lead the player to a different HUB area, but the main roads will be completely abandoned except for enemies in vehicles.

Main roads won't have hand to hand combat but vehicle combat instead. You have to shoot out the tires of enemy vehicles or make them crash in some way. Batmobile will have speed and combat upgrades. Side streets and buildings will exist next to the main roads and collectibles/secrets can be found in random buildings/alleys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom