• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Official Final Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wondering since none of my friends watch the show, but what was everyone's reaction to the end of S2 beginning of S3 episodes (I'll blacken spoilers just in case)
on New Caprica? I was listening to the 3 hour roundtable with the actors, and the actors say how they didn't like the director of those episodes and Moore said how some fans felt cheated by the time jump. That arc was always the series highlight for me and I felt everything about the jump worked (especially the changed characters) and I was anticipating and excited for a whole season on New Caprica.
Do I have a minority opinion?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Wait,wait,wait. They're streaming? I can't start the episode whenever I want on Sci-Fi? WTF. Someone better capture it.

adg1034

Well...

That was interesting.

EDIT: Apparently, the next episode will be up next Friday morning, too. Cool of Sci Fi to lower their Nielsen audience that way- gods know they need it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, but man, I want more. Opening act was brutally intense.

Not enough "final five" Cylon discussion. Pretty much just one little scene of the 4 of them.

The Starbuck stuff was good. So was the four cylons stuff sort of getting together and trying to stop whatever they are supposed to be doing. As usual I'm conflicted about the Baltar stuff. I don't really care for this direction they are taking him. They seem to meander with his character all over the place and while James Callis is a good actor and generally pulls it off, I just don't buy the overall arc of the character sometimes. I'm not sure having these mysteries surrounding him for 4 seasons has been all that good for the character. And the pull between science and the mystical is at times confusing/cloying unless the story is redeemed somehow later with knowledge we don't currently have

EDIT: Although it was fun to see Baltar at the head of basically a female sex cult at this stage

Well, I got addicted to this show about two years to a year and a half ago. I ripped through the first two seasons, and then continued to watch season 3 on TV, but I pretty much just stopped watching all TV that season...

I just got caught up now (I skipped a couple of filler episodes)...I don't know how you guys could have waited this frakking long. The last 10 minutes of the season finale just blew my mind. I forgot how much I love this show.

I decided I'm gonna check out I-CON, so I'll be watching the Season Premiere on a massive projection screen. And apparently, they're going to be giving away some DVDs of Season 1 and 2.

Lonestar

CajoleJuice said:
Well, I got addicted to this show about two years to a year and a half ago. I ripped through the first two seasons, and then continued to watch season 3 on TV, but I pretty much just stopped watching all TV that season...

I just got caught up now (I skipped a couple of filler episodes)...I don't know how you guys could have waited this frakking long. The last 10 minutes of the season finale just blew my mind. I forgot how much I love this show.

I decided I'm gonna check out I-CON, so I'll be watching the Season Premiere on a massive projection screen. And apparently, they're going to be giving away some DVDs of Season 1 and 2.

I got bye with moving to another state, starting another job, lots of madden leagues, and sleep. Helped...a little...not much.

Tyrol: "There must be some kind of way out of here."
Tigh: "Said the joker to the thief."
Anders: "There's too much confusion in here."
Tori: "I can't get no relief."

Love that part.

Onemic

What I still don't understand is how he hell did anders and the others know they were cylons? It's like they just heard music, they all went to the same room together and then it was like, "We're all cylons!" WTF?

j9bqzc.png

Kak.efes

Fifteen minutes 'till bliss.

My theory..

When the Colonials and Cylons get to Earth, they find out the 13th Colony is a technologically advanced, isolationist society, they harbor equal disdain for both Cylon and Colonial.

Damn. It's amazing how this show has you feeling for every single life that's lost. I winced when that
carrier was destroyed.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Systems_id said:
Damn. It's amazing how this show has you feeling for every single life that's lost. I winced when that
carrier was destroyed.
I disagree with this. Name one person from that ship that we know was killed? Out of 40,000 people most of them are nameless bodies that make great statistics. No funeral or anything afterwards either just one sentence during the battle and you never heard of them again.

Shaheed79 said:
I disagree with this. Name one person from that ship that we know was killed? Out of 40,000 people most of them are nameless bodies that make great statistics. No funeral or anything afterwards either just one sentence during the battle and you never heard of them again.

I believe his point is more that you empathize with the plight of the people because they sell the fact very well that this is a rag tag group of survivors with limited numbers rather than the fact that you knew anybody on the ship or not. The characters we do know reflect the loss.

Lonestar

The other male judge that you saw in the trial, opposite side of Lady from Adama, was the captain of the ship. Roslin mentioned his name.

Big-E

That episode was ok. One thing is kind of pissing me off.
How in gods fucking name does a colony of religious hippie's able to find a room on a crowded battlestar? How are they on the ship in the first place? None of them are military they should not even be there In a crowded battlestar how the hell do they leave what seem like perfect livable quarters with a fully functional bath? It is fucking retarded

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Systems_id said:
I'd place it at 'good' myself but it lacked the energy of previous season openers.

LACKED ENERGY?

It had a fucking space battle! We haven't seen one of those in forever!

Phobophile said:
LACKED ENERGY?

It had a fucking space battle! We haven't seen one of those in forever!
Which was over with in about two minutes. Plus it felt like the whole episode dragged a bit. I'm used to previous season openers answering a ton of questions while posing a bunch of new ones but this one didn't really answer anything. I'll admit that my expectations were sky high though.

Lonestar

Big-E said:
That episode was ok. One thing is kind of pissing me off.
How in gods fucking name does a colony of religious hippie's able to find a room on a crowded battlestar? How are they on the ship in the first place? None of them are military they should not even be there In a crowded battlestar how the hell do they leave what seem like perfect livable quarters with a fully functional bath? It is fucking retarded

Did you miss season 3? They've continually have lost ships, and now have more people than fleet room. Civillian overlow now on Galactica. Remember the Bar scenes from last season?

Big-E

Lonestar said:
Did you miss season 3? They've continually have lost ships, and now have more people than fleet room. Civillian overlow now on Galactica. Remember the Bar scenes from last season?

They made it seem like they were all alone and isolated. Nothing was near them. They seem to have better quarters then the pilots do.

bachikarn

It was okay. Kind of like the first episode of Lost this season. Seems to be setting up whats going to happen for the rest of the season, but not too much actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom