• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah. I'm still able to finish these type of games lol.

Any of the other weapons worth getting?

Other weapons like Sai Fung, or the alts available to buy in the store?

Buying the Durga alt let's you attack enemies that are on fire without damaging yourself and it also lets you walk over electric floors and through electrified water.

Sai Fung is my favorite weapon in the game, so I would recommend going for it, even though it is very time consuming to get.

What's the easiest way to collect money?

Get the Bracelet of Time and learn how to do the Kilgore glitch.

Now just fight the boss at the end of Chapter 2 or do Chapter 7 and just use the Kilgore Glitch over and over and activate the Bracelet of Time whenever you have the meter for it. You'll rack up an absurd amount of halos.

I'm playing through my first time. I bought at launch for Wii U but am just getting the time to play it. Finished Chapter 5 last night and man I suck at this game. I think I've beat one chapter without getting a stone award.

I'm playing through my first time. I bought at launch for Wii U but am just getting the time to play it. Finished Chapter 5 last night and man I suck at this game. I think I've beat one chapter without getting a stone award.
You think that's bad? I'm at the last chapter and have only gotten better than stone twice and that includes the times I've gone back to older levels.

NEO0MJ

At the start of chapter 1 destroy all of the benches on the upper level and then ride the train out. Every time you do it you'll get 10k halos.

Eh, I guess I'll just continue. Was hoping there was an easy to use way so I can buy accessories early but oh well. I'm kinda in a hurry to finish this so I can move to Bayonetta 2.

I finally starting playing this today (thanks pax). Yikes I'm rusty. Was I ever good at this game? It took far too many attempts to clear that first Alfheim
The first Alfheim I discovered was either staying in the air for 60 seconds without ever touching the ground, or having a limited amount of punches and kicks against a specific enemy type. Even with prior experience they're still fairly difficult to beat, so don't feel too bad struggling with 'em.

You make feel a lot better about sucking.

how the fuck do you get pure platinum on this shit?

Persistent play, or being godlike. Still, I've tried about 15 times to get Pure Platinum on the Prologue but always screw up and end up with a Platinum overall. Have been going along on 3rd Climax getting Platinum/Gold per stage but definitely think I'm gonna have to invest a decent chunk of time to get PP on each stage.

Persistent play, or being godlike. Still, I've tried about 15 times to get Pure Platinum on the Prologue but always screw up and end up with a Platinum overall. Have been going along on 3rd Climax getting Platinum/Gold per stage but definitely think I'm gonna have to invest a decent chunk of time to get PP on each stage.

Damn I wish I could get gold on a stage.

I'm also at the disadvantage of this being my 3rd character action game, one being God of War 1 when I was like 14 and had no idea what I was doing and the other being DmC which was stupid easy.

Adaren

Get the Bracelet of Time and learn how to do the Kilgore glitch.

Now just fight the boss at the end of Chapter 2 or do Chapter 7 and just use the Kilgore Glitch over and over and activate the Bracelet of Time whenever you have the meter for it. You'll rack up an absurd amount of halos.

Don't forget Gaze of Despair!

If Kilgore glitch makes you feel dirty, lightning Durga also works (on the Ch. 7 boss, each Wicked Weave hits twice leading to great combo).

Damn I wish I could get gold on a stage.

I'm also at the disadvantage of this being my 3rd character action game, one being God of War 1 when I was like 14 and had no idea what I was doing and the other being DmC which was stupid easy.

Just realised I was in the Bayo 1 thread, was talking about Bayo 2 with that prologue thing. Same shiz though. Need to learn the tells of enemies so that you can take advantage of evasion while utilising Dodge Offset. Even if you have to use the regular handgun to keep the combo going it is worth doing. Multiplier seems to jump by doing Wicked Weaves which is why utilising Dodge Offset is important.

Don't forget Gaze of Despair!

If Kilgore glitch makes you feel dirty, lightning Durga also works (on the Ch. 7 boss, each Wicked Weave hits twice leading to great combo).

How do you change what type of Durga you have equipped? Those are the claws, right?

CrunchyB

You think that's bad? I'm at the last chapter and have only gotten better than stone twice and that includes the times I've gone back to older levels.

Same here. Platinum on the very first stage and I think I managed a silver on one of the final stages. I died lots of times on all the other stages, even on multiple attempts.

But Bayonetta has such a weird difficulty curve. Many times I thought some set of enemies or a certain boss was impossible, only to kick their asses an hour later. I retried a few levels and did much better. Instead of dying 5-20 times I would only die once or twice! I'm sure I could get good at the game with some more practice but I'll probably move on to the sequel now before burning out completely.

Love the combat system, but I would have liked some more trash mobs to practice on to be honest. I hated fighting Grace and Glory but most other enemies were fun. Route 666, the Space Harrier level and most QT events were infuriating nonsense though. I actually came close to ragequitting on some of that crap.

Same here. Platinum on the very first stage and I think I managed a silver on one of the final stages. I died lots of times on all the other stages, even on multiple attempts.

But Bayonetta has such a weird difficulty curve. Many times I thought some set of enemies or a certain boss was impossible, only to kick their asses an hour later. I retried a few levels and did much better. Instead of dying 5-20 times I would only die once or twice! I'm sure I could get good at the game with some more practice but I'll probably move on to the sequel now before burning out completely.

Love the combat system, but I would have liked some more trash mobs to practice on to be honest. I hated fighting Grace and Glory but most other enemies were fun. Route 666, the Space Harrier level and most QT events were infuriating nonsense though. I actually came close to ragequitting on some of that crap.

Yeah but when I go back and play earlier chapters, I find that I'm not really any better despite having more equipment and upgrades. I die pretty much the same amount. I've only gotten better than a stone on stages that only have one or two verses.

Edit: It's so weird to me how many people hated Route 666 and the Space Harrier level, as they were by far my favorite sections of the game so far. Chapter 15 was extremely boring by comparison.

Karuyag

To get a pure platinum... Lots of people use the "exit to title" trick...

Basically if you mess up a verse, exit to title and then continue.. It should take you back to the last checkpoint and therefore resetting the mistakes you made.. So just keep doing a verse til you get it right...

It's sorta cheap.. But at least it will save you a lot of heartache..

Basically if you mess up a verse, exit to title and then continue.. It should take you back to the last checkpoint and therefore resetting the mistakes you made.. So just keep doing a verse til you get it right...

Yeah but I believe you'd need to basically know you messed up before the results screen, as it saves before the versus results screen shows up. Basically, if you get hit at all or break your combo and you want to get pure platinum, just reset.

BadWolf

They later turned it into a feature in MGR iirc, you could restart a battle from the pause menu at any time.

Finished it yesterday, that end boss was an OMG moment, frustrating but really enjoyable to play. Great game but I'm more excited to play 2, will start that soon.

Lol, the
dance after the credits
is great!

Seriously, I was so confused when that started lol. She went in!

Corgi

Banned
you know this might be the first wii u game that i own that uses L and R for something meaningful... and i realize how i hate the position of these buttons on the gamepad.

NEO0MJ

you know this might be the first wii u game that i own that uses L and R for something meaningful... and i realize how i hate the position of these buttons on the gamepad.

Oh yeah, I really felt it with this game. Locking on is really difficult, considering that it's right on top of the dodge button.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm the skills that unlock after chapter 5 really change the gameplay a bunch.

a bit hard to not go kitty, but yeah feeling much more confident atm.

Those claw dudes are still a pain though lol. one small mistake and 70% of your health is gone.

Heh, just wait until chapter 10...

Is that when the gold ones show up? I still have no idea how to deal with those. Once I get hit at all, they lock me into a combo that takes out half my life. It's also really annoying that they'll often hit you when the camera isn't showing who hit you or how.

Corgi

Banned
jesus. this giant baby does barely any damage from his attacks, while random meteors take out 1/3 of my health lol.

While i do enjoy the combat immensely, the balance decisions for some of this stuff is just baffling.

Adaren

Is that when the gold ones show up? I still have no idea how to deal with those. Once I get hit at all, they lock me into a combo that takes out half my life. It's also really annoying that they'll often hit you when the camera isn't showing who hit you or how.

Bat Within!

There are lots of strategies for them, but my fallback if I'm low magic and have no Angel weapons is to keep my distance and dance circles around them using Dodge Offset, Scarborough Faire, and Kilgore (rocket launchers).

Majukun

buy the parry accessory,you should be able to parry out of their combo after they launch you in the air.
for the camera part..usually every enemy has a specific sounds that it emits before attacking..just follow those and you will not even need to see the attacks coming...it has been a wile since i've played bayonetta..so i don't remember if grace & glory are an exception to the rule.

Bat Within!

There are lots of strategies for them, but my fallback if I'm low magic and have no Angel weapons is to keep my distance and dance circles around them using Dodge Offset, Scarborough Faire, and Kilgore (rocket launchers).

I don't have Kilgore yet and Bat Within rarely works for me. It's a bit of a moot point since I'm on Chapter 16 now and doubt I'll be replaying this game anytime soon. I'm going to start on Bayonetta 2 immediately afterward.

buy the parry accessory,you should be able to parry out of their combo after they launch you in the air.
for the camera part..usually every enemy has a specific sounds that it emits before attacking..just follow those and you will not even need to see the attacks coming...it has been a wile since i've played bayonetta..so i don't remember if grace & glory are an exception to the rule.

I've never been able to hear an enemy sound while playing. My hearing isn't the best, though. I use the Link costume since it apparently has parrying already, though it's very difficult to pull off.

Corgi

Banned
im extremely impressed how a game with so much lore stuff that the more I read the less i have a clue what the fuck is going on!

holy shit! Got a bronze trophy!

after all those stones, this feeling of accomplishment makes me want to crack out some victory champagne.

Such a rare feeling in games these days.

Seik

Banned
Maaan that was a nice session. I went from chapter VIII to XV in one sitting.

Got my first two stone awards since I got Bayo 2, too. Mostly because of cheap QTE deaths though, and me sucking at certain 'run away/to this point quickly' parts.

Loving it so far though, will finish the story tomorrow as I only have 5 hours to sleep now. D:

UrbanRats

Haven't tried it yet, but maybe the health gain isn't worth wasting the money early in the game or an accessory slot later in it.

I was looking and i don't see many accessories that are worth the slot though.
I have the parry one and Light of Selene, all the others but Dinéta seem to be magic attacks/techniques that consume magic gauge and that i would get psyched over using (whereas Light of Selene is passive).

There's the rosary one, but i don't know if i'm ready to not have Witch Time.

Corgi

Banned
is it possible to turn off the gamepad screen? As in i want to use the gamepad to play but i don't like how its always mirroring.

Just beat the game last night. The last boss was shockingly easy. I only died twice the entire chapter:
once on the Jeanne bike jumping section and once when I knocked the boss into the sun... I swear I thought it was a cut scene
. The game was much more enjoyable toward the end aside from the boring chapter 15. I started Bayonetta 2 on Second Climax immediately after finishing the first game and it's so much better, it's not even funny. Everything just feels tighter and the graphics are significantly improved. I'm glhttp://i.minus.com/i7cIjzHoPvmLo.gifad I played the first one though, because I can appreciate the characters a lot more. The story was a bit convoluted, but it was still endearing. I loved the twist at the end:
who knew Fly Me To The Moon was a classic song? I didn't. The original song by Brenda Lee is great
. Anyway, I do have one question about the overall plot:
who is Bayonetta's mother? Jeanne? Or are we not supposed to know yet?

Top Bottom