• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Work was insane. It's a Scotch on the rocks kind of night, but going to treat myself to one of these as well:

Highland-Gaelic-Ale.jpg

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I doubt many people live within Laughing Dog's distribution area, but if you do, you need to pick this one up. Citra hops are amazing and to have them in a single hop beer is something else. This is a fucking delicious beer. Maybe the best I've had this year.
8Yak8O3.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Just bought myself some stuff tonight. Six pack of Rouge Mocha Porter and a bottle of Belhaven Wee Heavy. Should be good to try.

Seth C

I doubt many people live within Laughing Dog's distribution area, but if you do, you need to pick this one up. Citra hops are amazing and to have them in a single hop beer is something else. This is a fucking delicious beer. Maybe the best I've had this year.
8Yak8O3.jpg

Zombie Dust is also single hopped with citra.

8Yak8O3.jpg

We get Laughing Dog in Seattle. Will look for it.

Seth C

Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. This beer is delicious. I don't think any amount of hyperbole I can spit out about it would do it justice.

I think Citra lends itself well to single hopping. Where are you located? Zombie Dust does not have wide distribution.

Seth C

Sounds like a plan. Does the whole of the USA have the 3 drink limit? I know it's trying to protect pubs from liability, but it's annoying...

I've never been cut off anywhere in the US. I've lived here 33 years and haven't encountered this 3 drink limit you speak of.

matt360

How is the Game of Thrones ale? Is everyone waiting until the premiere to drink it? By the picture it looks like it says it's a blonde ale, but my eyes are kinda shit and I can't be 100% sure. What's the abv?

kodt

Banned
How is the Game of Thrones ale? Is everyone waiting until the premiere to drink it? By the picture it looks like it says it's a blonde ale, but my eyes are kinda shit and I can't be 100% sure. What's the abv?

Yes it's a blonde ale, 6.5% abv. I have heard it is good but not amazing.

Chris R

So Stone's "Enjoy By" is actually really good. Kinda sneaks up on you to at 9.4% Don't know if it is my favorite double IPA of all time, but it is up there, and is something that everyone who enjoys IPAs should at least try once when it comes to your town.

After all the commercials for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy during the basketball games last night, I caved and ordered a 12 pack for delivery. Cheap but so refreshing

fenners

Firestone Walker has finally hit Austin in the past month or so. Got a Double Barrel & a Double Jack to try. No sign of the Game of Thrones beer that I could see. Bah.

Sappy113

I think Citra lends itself well to single hopping. Where are you located? Zombie Dust does not have wide distribution.

Hmm... they just restocked Zombie Dust at Mikkeller here in Copenhagen. Must try and swing by Wednesday to see if they still have some in. Which other beers from 3 Floyds can you recommend?

Seth C

Hmm... they just restocked Zombie Dust at Mikkeller here in Copenhagen. Must try and swing by Wednesday to see if they still have some in. Which other beers from 3 Floyds can you recommend?

Depends what you're in to! What kind of beer do you like? Robert the Bruce is definitely good.

HiResDes

Depends what you're in to! What kind of beer do you like? Robert the Bruce is definitely good.

Well as everyone should by know I'm obsessed with balance and I believe Pride & Joy is one of the most well balanced pale ales I've ever heard and it's super drinkable.

Cr0wn0

Jumped the border into Wisconsin for lunch at a cheese factory and somehow ended up leaving with all of this

Thanks Wisconsin

Good Stuff, I'd love to be able to get some Serendipity one day. I picked up a growler of Peach porch lounger yesterday, Good stuff. I missed the NB rep by about an hour. I would have loved to pick up one of their new glasses. Also picked up a bottle of Iron Throne for Sunday.

Top Bottom