• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk |OT| The Golden Age

derFeef

Berserk-and-the-Band-of-the-Hawk-wallpaper-logo-1280x720.jpg

Based on the world-renowned manga and anime series Berserk by Kentarou Miura, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk closely follows the events of the most well-known story arcs from the iconic manga's narrative, focusing on the violent and heroic adventure of Guts, Casca, the Band of the Hawk, and Guts' Traveling Party throughout their perilous conquest against a sinister realm of demonic fiends. A brand-new trailer was released today to celebrate the action title's eagerly-anticipated arrival.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk blends the signature ‘one versus thousands' style action from the long-running Warriors franchise with the grim and gruesome atmosphere of Berserk. Fans of either series and newcomers alike will enjoy a gripping, action-packed adventure as they harness the powers of iconic characters such as Guts and Griffith to slash and smash through hordes of enemies.

Players familiar with the Warriors series of hack and slash titles will be able to feel the difference in gameplay through the way each character handles combat. For example, Guts' massive Dragonslayer Great Sword allows for devastating attacks, and players will subsequently feel the weight of the weapon throughout battle. Alongside a vast array of weapons and sub-weapons, playable characters also possess devastating abilities that must be ”awakened" to draw out their true potential. Players can take advantage of Guts' Berserker Armor to unleash deadly blows, Griffith's demonic Femto form to deal swift bursts of damage, and Zodd's giant Apostle form to effortlessly topple foes. The game also incorporates various battle mechanics to better bring the world of Berserk to life, such as Magic and Transformations.

An endless swarm of enemies awaits those brave enough to take on the game's Endless Eclipse Mode, where players can prove their worth as they go toe to toe with countless enemies in the formidable Eclipse dimension. Offering a unique and challenging respite from the main story, the new mode has players fighting for their life as they rush to complete various missions to overcome the deadly Eclipse. Those who manage to withstand the challenge will find themselves better equipped to tackle the main game mode.

Platforms and release dates:
PlayStation 3: JP - October 27, 2016
PlayStation 4, Vita: JP - October 27, 2016 | NA - February 21, 2017 | EU - February 24, 2017
PC - WW: February 21, 2017

Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsTJ0_ZOHA

Available now!
Steam link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/502280/
PCGamingWiki: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Berserk_and_the_Band_of_the_Hawk

Reviews: http://opencritic.com/game/3725/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk
Jim Sterling video impressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD69bDveE0M

b1gif.gif

Sykotik

I just bought it on steam. It's not available to play, and there appears to be no countdown to release.

GURIFISU!!!

It's a real shame this game isn't all that great from what I've read. Berserk really deserves better, but between this, the 2016 anime, and the manga hiatus, I guess Berserk hasn't had the best year in its history.

Anung

Un Rama
Day one anyway. I'll probably find a way to get enjoyment out of it regardless. I managed to out of that Godzilla game that came out a few years back.

LAA

I was tempted to get this on Steam, but
1. With some of Toei-Kecmo's past titles on Steam, not sure I want to take the risk for a bad port. Attack on Titan was perfectly fine from them though which is recent, but One Piece PW3 was absolutely terrible.
2. It's priced insane on Steam. I've been under the impression games should be cheaper on PC, but not always the case for some reason. It was between getting it for £45 on PC or £32 on PS4 (With which I have a Pro, so I'll be getting 60fps it seems).

Hope it's a good port for those that buy and I too completely forgot about it till a few days ago.

It's a real shame this game isn't all that great from what I've read. Berserk really deserves better, but between this, the 2016 anime, and the manga hiatus, I guess Berserk hasn't had the best year in its history.

It's kind of ironic, really, given that otherwise this last year has probably been the most exposure Berserk has gotten in over a decade.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Have it coming from Gamefly. One of my favorite game memories was playing Sword of the Beserker: Guts Rage on the dreamcast with my brother. I just hope this can manage to be at least half as fun.

I preordered last night and waiting for the unlock, luckily Steam refunds have made it a lot less stressful in the event the port or game is a bust. My Berserk love can only carry me so far if it’s a drag to play.

Joqu

I'll get it down the line because I love Berserk, but I'm expecting a bog-standard Musou game. I haven't heard anything that indicates anything special.

ironcreed

Banned
I'll probably enjoy it in the same way that I enjoyed Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. Which was a blast. A definite pickup at some point.

AP90

Tempted to buy because I love the manga and the anime.

Want to see some more gameplay and how it reviews.

Carcetti

Can the marketing team do anything that doesn't reference the rape scene in a lewd manner? So exciting... let's check this newest trailer...

... Oh.

Price is pretty good in the BR store, about 30USD so I got it. Just need to see the quality of the port, but as this is KT the refund button is already close by.

AP90

The game's been out in Japan for some time. You can watch the whole game start to finish, if you want maximum gameplay impressions!

Thanks I will be looking into it! It sort of fell off my radar as a result of buying my first house, halo wars 2 and other shenanigans since the end of December.

Attack on Titan was a decent game but a shoddy PC port. It was also super expensive on Steam, just like this. Im expecting another 1080p locked with minimal graphics options. If so, ill wait for a sale.

Docpan

Holy shit, I thought this was out in March. It's out literally today!

Gotta buy it just to support Berserk. I typically hate the DW games but Hyrule Warriors was amazing. I hope this at least comes close.

I think 60 is steep for a game like this but I'm all in.

Pejo

Is this 60 on Steam too? I want to support it, but I don't have any time for games right now besides Nioh and Gravity Rush 2.

I held off on a bunch of games and upcoming ones just to be able to afford this. I've been waiting for a new Berserk game since the PS2 and there is no way I'm passing this up.

I recall Liam from 2BF saying this was his favorite musou game next to Hyrule Warriors. Glowing endorsement as far as I'm concerned. I'm hyped.

Zafir

Attack on Titan was a decent game but a shoddy PC port. It was also super expensive on Steam, just like this. Im expecting another 1080p locked with minimal graphics options. If so, ill wait for a sale.

It says 4k support on the steam store page, but yeah.... Tecmo Koei and all that...

Philippo

So the main character's name is Berserk? And the others are the Band of the Hawk?

/s but really they couldn't have chosen a more confusing title

Musou games aren't my favorite but I adore Berserk so I got it at Best Buy for about $40 (GCU + $10 rewards cert). Hopefully it's good.

Top Bottom