• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best On-Screen Chemistry? - movieGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair

Banned
I was talking to a friend the other day about the Die Hard with a vengence, and we both seemed to agree the best bit about it (opinons) was the chemistry between Bruce and Samuel. They just fucking rock the screen every single second. This lead us on to discussing the actors and actresses that have the best chemistry between each other.

I remember a bunch -

Will smith & Martin Lawrence (bad boys)

Chris Tucker & Jackie Chan (rush hour)

Harrison Ford & Sean Connery (Indy 3)

Ethan Hawke & Julie Deply (before sunset/rise)

Tim Robbins & Morgan Freeman (the shawshank redemption)

Robert Downey Jr & Val Kilmer (kiss kiss bang bang)

Jodie Foster & Anthony Hopkins (silence of the lambs)

Collin Farrell & Brendan Gleeson (In Bruges)

The criteria is not necessarily being in the best film ever or the best scripted film, but when you can tell the people on the screen are having a blast working with each other and/or challenging each other.

So guys, what are your top on-screen chemistry match ups?

(Specifically movies *of any genre* and it can be more than 2 people, for example the entire cast of serenity)

giga

annie hall
pulp fiction
transformers 2 (optimus and shia)
shaun of dead/hot fuzz
casablanca
gone with the wind
singin in the rain

You should know the names so I won't bother.

First thing that came to mind was Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I have not seen that movie in years though, so maybe I am crazy

fireside

Blair said:
The criteria is not necessarily being in the best film ever or the best scripted film, but when you can tell the people on the screen are having a blast working with each other and/or challenging each other.
Ocean's 11 (everyone)

soundahfekz said:
micah and katherine(?) in paranormal activity.

They were pretty good, yeah.

I want to say: Daniel Radcliffe and Jim Broadbent in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. They have some amazing scenes together.

ViolentP

sub37fightclubposters.jpg

Piano

Banned
Off the top of my head:
Gene Kelly, Donald O' Conner, and Debbie Reynolds in Singin' in the Rain
The whole cast of Ocean's 11

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Keyser Soze said:
First thing that came to mind was Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I have not seen that movie in years though, so maybe I am crazy

Came here to post that.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Nathan Drake (Nolan North) & Elena Fisher (Emily Rose) in Uncharted 2!!! [/game nerd]

Jean Reno and Natalie Portman in The Professional

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
neptunes said:
no Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor yet?

No one would even know what you're talking about.

Hell while you're at it, might as well say Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom