• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best On-Screen Chemistry? - movieGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
lot.jpg

tamianderic.jpg

Ashhong

sweetvar26 said:
winner-theme.gif

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Hands down.

It's really just Jeremy Piven. Theres good chemistry between him and Lloyd, but its just his acting that makes it seem even better.

SmokyDave

Lexington Steele and that hot brunette that pretended to be his secretary. I'd google for her name but I'm at work. Man that scene was hot. Adult-Movie GAF representin'.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This thread finally made me realize exactly why "The Brothers Bloom" failed as a film.

The title characters had zero chemistry together.

But Max had really great chemistry with Carrol and KW!!

where_the_wild_things_are_poster_01.jpg

Blair said:
Jodie Foster & Anthony Hopkins (silence of the lambs)
One of my favorite films, but Foster and Hopkins physically share very little screen time together. Because most of their dialog was filmed in tight closeups of the actors looking directly into the camera, for most of the scenes the other actor wasn't even on the set.

Foster related in the making-of materials tha she missed a chance to be properly introduced to Hopkins during the read-thru before filming, saw him very little on set and assumed he was kind of unapproachable, and only after filming was over did they click and become good friends.

Solo

Connery and Caine in The Man Who Would Be King is up there. Also, Bogart and Bacall in everything they did together.

Blader

MetatronM said:
See, I don't think they had particularly great chemistry, which is precisely why the movie works. It's kind of the entire point of the film, actually.

Well I would argue against that, but now that I think about it, what I loved about that relationship has more to do with JGL's side of it rather than the couple as a whole.

well if we're counting tv shows thread just becomes endless

mi5series3team.jpg

p1_cheers.jpg

frasier-episodes.jpg

05b800a.jpg

blackadder3.jpg

JWb-726047.jpg

avengers_mr-steed-emma-peel.jpg

and obviously
18_star_trek_deepspacenine_crew_wallpaper_l.jpg

make a random couple and it will probably work.

also,
attenti-a-quei-due.jpg

the chemistry between Curtis and Moore in The Persuaders was probably the best I've ever seen. Amazing show and amazing actors

Puncture said:
interview-vampire.jpg

I liked the chemistry between the characters in interview with a vampire. They did really well with the little girl (well she was young at THAT time at least). Good flick.
One of the first ones i thought of too, and it is definitly Dunst's best film, such a comanding performance from such a young girl.

Another one i like:
SEVEN.jpg

The way their friendship first starts and how close they eventually become is paced perfectly and by the end of it you know that they (especially Somerset after the twist) really care for each other.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
vlcsnap-2009-09-07-16h18m55s209.jpg

I'm not sure if this could even be objectively debated. They made four god damn movies based on this chemistry, people! They changed the ending to two of them because of it! Hundreds of men died trying to break it up! You know in your heart what is true.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Anasui Kishibe said:
:lol :lol was wondering when you'd post that
It was nice to see the first post corrected the OP's incomprehensible oversight. For fuck's sake, their chemistry is CROSS-GENERATIONAL!!

vlcsnap-2009-07-18-12h46m33s108.jpg

maverickmurtaugh.png

SpeedingUpTo, I love you :lol

ruby_onix said:
Ezri + Jadzia?

Chief O'Brian, although being great, seems to match up with the fewest of them.

ah i don't know man. O'Brien seems to go along pretty well with a lot of characters even if it happens in one episode only. And yes, he's legendary

Ezri+Jadzia..hm I never really liked Ezri, I mean her inclusion always seemed forced because Jadzia wanted out, and it happened in season seven so there wasn't much to compare to relationships that developed thru six seasons

wRATH2x

Banned
Most of my picks have been mentioned.

I know I'll be called a TDK fanboy for this, but fuck it. Christian Bale and Heath Ledger.

Solo

Wrath2X said:
Most of my picks have been mentioned.

I know I'll be called a TDK fanboy for this, but fuck it. Christian Bale and Heath Ledger.

I wont pull the Batman fanboy card, but I dont think this is a good choice. Youve got one incredible performance matched with a mediocre one.

Zeliard

Solo said:
I wont pull the Batman fanboy card, but I dont think this is a good choice. Youve got one incredible performance matched with a mediocre one.

Yeah, I'd pick Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart over Ledger and Bale, despite painfully limited screen time together (just one scene, I think, but terrific chemistry in it).

Zeliard

If we're gonna mention TV shows as well, clearly, this one's high up there:

apjygj.jpg

Jimmy McNulty and Bunk Moreland from The Wire. They acted like they've been best friends since diapers.

hertog

Lois-and-Clark-The-New-Adventures-of-Superman--C10103249.jpeg

Really liked this show as a kid, don't know how well it holds up now. But as far as I remember they were great together.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Anasui Kishibe said:

This movie holds up so well... just a ton of fun. Seriously they should get another sequel with these guys back on board, would be incredible. Even the straight to DVD sequel was a lot of fun... The third and fourth and the tv series jumped the shark a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom